Chapter 26

A Game of Four

 

Slowly waking up from her dream, Jessica started opening her eyes as she can hear some screams and laughter from somewhere. Furrowing her eyes, she started moving but stop upon feeling a weight on her shoulder. Rubbing her left eye with her left hand, she saw Yuri sleeping peacefully on her shoulder. Just then she remembered what she remembers before dozing off. A smile was plastered on her lips. Enjoying this moment, she rested her head once more on Yuri’s as she looks outside the car window just to see three girls playing with the water hose. Her smile grew wider; she then decided to wake the girl.

“Hey Yul, wake up. We’re here”, she said as she taps the latters thigh hoping for a response, but there was none. She once again tried but this time, the latter reacted.

“Urgh, Sica?” Yuri slowly lift her head up as she place her palm on the back of her neck with eyes close.

“Had a good sleep?” she asked the latter.

“Yeah, what did you used today? You smell like ice cream…vanilla”, Yuri trailed off as she rest her head on the car seat.

Jessica just stared at the latter. She then shook her head. “Come on, let’s go”, she stated as she open the door.

“Oh! Hey they’re awake!” Sooyoung shouted but was shoot by Tiffany. “Yah! Not fair!” she added as she runs away from Tiffany.

“Hello guys!” Tiffany waves a hand and continue on catching up to Sooyoung, Taeyeon on the other hand, was free from her for a moment.

“Hey guys!” Taeyeon suddenly sneaked on their back with her whole body soaked in water.

“Whoa Taeng, go away. You’re soaked”, Yuri said as she got out of the car tugging Jessica’s shirt.

“Yul let go of my shirt, I’m not your mom”,

“You two are no fun”, Taeyeon then make a face causing Jessica to glare at her. “Oh if you guys are hungry, there’s food over there. We already cooked, so just picked whatever you like”, Taeyeon then leave the two as she joins Tiffany and Sooyoung who was totally immerse on the water game.

“I wanna eat”, Yuri mumbled as she yawned.

Jessica just looked at her as she sigh. Then they decided to grab their meals. Yuri let go as she grabs a plate for herself and pick her food, Jessica did the same way. As they eat their food, they are also watching how the three enjoys what they are doing without even caring for the world. Yuri was the first to finish her food as she dispose of her disposable plate. She then told Jessica she would join them and the latter just let her as she continues with her food. For a moment there, she remembered about Gyuri.

What should I do?

Should I tell them?

She bit her lips as she imagine the looks on their face especially Yuri’s. Not knowing what to do, Jessica let herself drown on her own thoughts, fighting whether she should tell her or just keep it to herself. Her thoughts were washed out when Tiffany accidentally hit her with the water hose causing for her whole body to be soaked with water.

“Ack! Fany-ah what have you done!?” Sooyoung was surprised after seeing Jessica.

“I-It was just an accident! Ahh! Jessi I’m sorry!”

“Oh! Hard!” Taeyeon then laughs. Yuri was surprised herself causing her jaw to drop.

Jessica just remained on her seat with her eyes close. Her clothes, shoes, and even her food are soaked with water. She then started shaking her hands then wipes her wet face.

“Hwang Tiffany…you are so dead”, Jessica said as she glared at the girl. She place her disposable plate down, as she started running towards their direction.

“WAA! Here comes the ice princess! Run!” Sooyoung was the one to react followed by the others.

All of them are now playing with the water as they run from each other. With the water hose in Jessica’s possession, the others can’t manage to escape. Yuri on the other hand, managed to escape as she gets the camera that Taeyeon brought and thankfully it was waterproof. She then run towards them as she started getting pictures. From time to time, they would switch so all of them would have their souvenir photos with them.

Their water fight lasted for another hour until one of them quits then the others followed. Still soaked, they decided to seat on the grass as they breath for air. They were still laughing as they watch the sun preparing to set. With one last shot, they took a group photo with Sooyoung holding the camera.

“We should really clean up you guys”, Yuri started as she stands from where she was seated a moment ago.

“Yeah, and not to mention take a bath. I’m itching here”, Sooyoung added as she scratch the back of her ear.

“Yeah I agree”, Taeyeon said.

After fixing their things and placing it back at the SUV, Taeyeon lead them to a rest house just a minute walk from their picnic area.

“Whoa, you even rent a house. How rich”, Sooyoung said.

“I’m not the one who rent it, it’s Yuri”,

“Oh~ should’ve known. Anyway! Me first on the bath!” Sooyoung said as she excuse herself from the group.

“Where is she getting all that energy?” Jessica asked as she grab herself some change of clothes.

“Jessi!”

“What? I’m just asking”,

“Well anyway, you guys want some hot chocolate while waiting?” Yuri offered them as she placed her bag on the side of the sofa.

“Okay”, said Tiffany.

“Sica?”

“Just some milk”,

“Hot or cold?” Yuri asked again. Jessica just stares.

“As cold as me”, she said bluntly. Tiffany and Taeyeon stared at her before staring at each other. Yuri on the other hand just smiled.

“Naah. How about, as hot as me?” she then smirked. Jessica furrowed her eyebrows before smiling.

“Whatever Kwon Yuri just prepare us something”,

“Taeng?” Taeyeon just passed.

Yuri just laughed at the matter as she excused herself from the three then into the kitchen. Tiffany just frowned on how close the two are, Taeyeon on the bright side just kept her cool. After some minutes, Sooyoung walked out of the bathroom as she head to where the three is.

“Who’s next?” she then asked.

“I’ll go”, Taeyeon then leave the three alone.

After leaving, a weird atmosphere started building up as no one is breaking the ice. Jessica was just focus on her phone, Sooyoung drying up her hair and Tiffany fixing her things. Just then, Yuri came back with a tray.

“Here you go guys”, Yuri then hand each mug to Tiffany and Jessica. “Careful, it’s hot”, she added as she place the tray down.

“Huh? What about me buddy? Where’s mine?” Sooyoung asked.

“Did you ask?” Yuri stated raising an eyebrow.

“Eh? But I was in the bathroom!” Sooyoung continue to whine.

“Go make one for yourself. That took me a while, especially Sica’s milk”, Yuri said as she seat on the wooden chair.

“What did you put in here?” Jessica asked.

“Huh? I didn’t put anything on it, just sterilized it. I don’t want you getting stomach aches now do I? Also to Fany’s choco. The products in this area are new to my taste so to make sure, I sterilized it”, Yuri then smiled, and sweats are now starting to form and some are gliding down her face to her neck.

“Oh thanks Yuri”, Tiffany said as she gently blows into her mug before sipping some.

“Hey buddy, you’re sweating too much. You okay?” just then Yuri wipes it off.

“Yeah. I’m fine. It’s just its hot in the kitchen”,

“Hmm. Anyway, I’ll go make one. You like anything?”

“I’m good”, Sooyoung then nods before heading to the kitchen.

And again, the awkward atmosphere is back. With the two girls sipping their hot drinks, Yuri just scans through their photos, she can’t hide her smile. Pressing the next button every turn, her smile grew wider. She then stops to a certain photo.

Who took this?

She pull her head up as she looks at Jessica then to Tiffany, then back to the camera. Pressing the next button over and over again, she bit her lip.

Something is not right.

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

picnic + water hose fight + soaked = .... mehehehehe <3 

anyway... things will get pretty boring hahaha... :3 just kidding. stay tuned.