Chapter 7

A Game of Four

 

“Hey Yul, what happened between you and Sica?”

“Huh? Why asked that?”

Yuri was busy playing temple run on her phone. Sooyoung on the other hand, just rolled her eyes as she didn’t mind her best friend. Yuri then eyed her from the side and she can’t help but smile a bit. She suddenly tap Sooyoung’s shoulder as she keeps her attention in her phone.

“What’s the matter with you huh?!” Sooyoung said as she shrugs Yuri’s hand away from her.

“Don’t be like that Soo, you know I love you”,

“Yah!”

“HAHA, I was just joking now Soo. But you know…”

“Huh? What is it now?” Sooyoung asked as she keeps her eyes on the road.

“You should open your eyes sometimes…I mean, take a look around you”, Yuri said in a serious tone making Sooyoung turned eventually.

“Hey, what do you mean by that?” Sooyoung asked while raising an eyebrow. She is quite confuse on what her best friend meant by that.

“You’ll know soon enough, but for now…LET’S EAT! I’M STARVING!”

“Aish. Okay okay, let’s go to that Japanese restaurant”,

“Okay! You’re the boss!” Yuri said as she keeps her phone away.

---

“A bowl of Ramen please!”

“Ooh! Make the two!” Yuri added.

“I thought you never liked ramen?” Sooyoung said as she grilled some meat in front of them.

“Now now, I change my likes every now and then”, Yuri answered as she drink a saké.

“Whatever. Hey I think this is ready”, Sooyoung point out the meats in front of her. Yuri immediately grabs her chopsticks and quickly pick some meats for herself.

“Yah! Why so many?!”

“I’m starving! Just order another batch!” Yuri said as she devours the meat on her plate.

“Aish, and you call me the shikshin”,

“Because you ARE a shikshin!”

“Here you go ladies, enjoy your meal”, the waiter then hand over their ordered ramens.

Yuri quickly grab hers as she start slurping the soup.

“Yah! Slow down will you?!” Sooyoung said as she restrained her best friend from eating like a hungry hyena.

“Dude, you don’t know the feeling of carrying a half nak…! Oops!” Yuri immediately stops as soon as she hear her own words. Sooyoung arched her eyebrow upon hearing the words of her best friend.

“What did you just say? Half what?” Sooyoung asked as she lean forward.

“Nothing! Nevermind! I’m hungry!

“What the hell?!”

“Eat up Soo, or I’ll finish it all!”

“Yah! That’s my portion of the food!”

The two stayed out all night eating at the said restaurant. Sooyoung keeps on restraining her best friend from eating almost all the food in the restaurant as for Yuri she didn’t mind her best friend as she order another set of food. In the end, Sooyoung stops whatever she was doing and joined her best friend in ordering all the food that they could order.

They went home passed 4 in the morning as Yuri puked all the food that she consumed on the lavatory. Sooyoung help her best friend to let out all the undigested food as she two, was also puking.

“I’m not going to eat in that restaurant again”, Yuri weakly said as she holds her stomach.

“Dude, it’s not the restaurant’s fault”, Sooyoung added as she holds her temple and gently massaging it.

“Let’s just sleep”,

“Yeah, let’s”,

Sooyoung then turned off the lights as she crawled on her bed. Yuri on the other side was typing away some message on her phone.

Hey, meet me tomorrow at exactly 3:00pm by the park near the mall. I’ll see you tomorrow.

SENT.

“Yul, what are you doing? Aren’t you going to sleep yet?” Sooyoung said as she noticed that Yuri is still awake.

“Sorry about that, I just messaged someone. Night Soo”,

“Weirdo”, Sooyoung murmured to herself as she drifted off to sleep.

---

The next day at JeTi’s place, Tiffany woke up earlier than usual as she made breakfast for them. Cooking only a pancake is what Tiffany’s best at. She set their plates on the table and carefully putting the nicely cooked pancakes on it. Putting some honey syrup and some butter on the top to finished it. Deciding that it is time to wake the princess up, she went to their room and tries to wake the princess in her deep slumber.

“Jessi, wake up. Breakfast is ready”,

No response.

“Jessi. Hey, wake up already”, Tiffany is now shaking Jessica’s body but still she didn’t get any response.

“Aish, what should I do with you? Jessi, wake up please?”

“Urgh…10 more minutes Tiff”, Jessica said as she snuggles under the covers.

“Jessi, the pancakes will cool down if you don’t eat it now”, Tiffany pouts as she speak.

“Huh? You cooked?” Jessica said as she glanced over her covers.

Tiffany just nod as she orders Jessica to stand up. Jessica just raised her eyebrow as she removes the covers. Taking a seating position, she fixed herself.

“Fuwaaah, what a nice sleep”, she said as she rubs her two sleepy eyes while yawning.

“Hurry up now princess, or the pancakes will be cold”,

Tiffany stood up as she signals Jessica to follow her. The latter gradually nodded as she stood up herself. Before going out of the room, she checked her phone for any messages and was surprised to see one.

Hey, meet me tomorrow at exactly 3:00pm by the park near the mall. I’ll see you tomorrow.

Yul?

Putting her phone on her pocket, she went to the dining room where Tiffany is happily eating her portion of pancakes. Jessica sat beside her as she grabs her milk.

“Nice smell huh”, she said as she grab her fork and cut a small piece from the pancake before consuming it.

“Hmm, not bad. It’s actually quite good”, she added as she keeps on eating the pancake.

“Glad you like it”, Tiffany said as she eats her own set.

“By the way Tiff, I’ll be out later”, Jessica said as she watch some news on the TV.

“Huh? Where are you going?” Tiffany asked.

“At the park, I’ll just meet Yul”,

Upon hearing Yuri’s name, Tiffany’s expression suddenly turned gloomy. She really don’t know why but everytime Jessica mention Yuri’s name, she hates it. She knows that it isn’t right to be jealous of Yuri but she can’t take it off her mind that her best friend will be seeing her, not to mention alone. Tiffany just looked away pretending that she didn’t care.

“Ah, Yuri-ah. Why? Does she need something?”

“Hmm, I don’t know. She didn’t say anything. She just say that meet her at the park by the mall at 3:00 and that’s it”, Jessica finished off her sentence as she drink the last drop from her milk and eat the last piece of her pancake.

“Woo, thanks for the food. You really should cook a lot Tiff. Who knows, you might actually cook a real food this time”, Jessica said as she pinched Tiffany’s cheek before landing a quick peck on it.

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean!?” Tiffany said as she held her cheek.

“Haha, I didn’t mean anything by that Tiff”, Jessica answered back.

At SooRi’s place, Sooyoung and Yuri were still fast asleep inside their room. Sooyoung had a weird position on her bed. Having her two legs spread wide and her two arms raised, she had a position of a baby sleeping peacefully not to mention snoring. While Yuri on the other hand was only facing the left side of the bed with covers covering her entire body with her tongue showing.

It was already noon, and still Sooyoung and Yuri were still sleeping but not until Yuri’s phone started ringing. Slowly reaching for her phone, she search for the off button and pressed it to shut the timer off. Placing her phone back from where it was originally placed, she then seat up from her bed. Yawning and rubbing her two eyes, she looks at the time and surprised that it was already past 1:00. She slowly walked over at Sooyoung’s bed and started waking her best friend.

“Soo~ wake up”, Yuri groggy said as she shake Sooyoung’s body.

“Such a weird position. You look like satan’s child”, she said under her breath as she walked outside their bedroom. Going to the wash room to freshen up, Yuri remembered that she’ll be seeing Jessica by three. Returning to their room to get some clothes and a towel, she then went to the shower room and have a nice warm bath.

Yuri finishes in just 45minutes and was now drying her hair up. Looking at her mirror, she could see that Sooyoung was still fast asleep and there is no waking up for her. She just rolled her eyes as she continue to blow-dry her hair. Grabbing her phone, she dialled Jessica’s number.

Ring Ring Ring Ring

“Hello?”

“Yo Sica!”

“Hey”,

“You ready?”

“Huh?”

“Change of plans, I’ll pick you up”,

“What? But I’m not even ready, I just finished lunch”,

“Hey chill out, I didn’t say I’m on my way. Still the same time but this time, I’ll be picking you up”,

“Okay okay, I’ll take a bath now. Just message me if you’re on your way”,

“Sure princess, meet you at 3”,

“Yah! Why’d you call me princess huh?! Are you implying something?”

“Oh no hahaha! Anyway, I’ll meet you by 3. Be sure you’re ready okay? Bye bye!”

“Aish you. Okay, bye bye”,

Placing the phone on the table, Yuri finishes blowing her hair dry. Putting on some foundations and blush on, she went to her wardrobe to get some clothes. With just a plain v-neck white shirt and ripped jeans, she’s ready to go. She crawled back to her bed and switched on the TV and watched some late afternoon show.

At JeTi’s place, Jessica just finished bathing as she walks on the house with only her bathrobe on.

“Jessi!”

“W-what?”

“Don’t just walk like that!” Tiffany shouts as she puts on another towel over Jessica.

“Tiff, it’s not like someone will go barge in here right?”

“Even so! Aish, what am I going to do with you huh?” Tiffany whined as she ruffles Jessica’s soaked hair with the towel.

Jessica holds Tiffany’s hands as the latter ruffles her hair. They can’t help but laugh at each other’s childish actions. Jessica started tickling her best friend’s side as Tiffany squeals; Tiffany did the same to her best friend. Continuing their tickling session, Tiffany tripped her foot into something causing them to fell hard on the wooden floor. Tiffany had her eyes shut closed as she felt the loud impact between her back and the floor. She could feel a warm breath on her neck as she shivers. Slowly opening her eyes, she found herself under Jessica, her eyes soon widen as she could see Jessica’s body under that robe. She couldn’t help but blush upon the sight she is seeing as she reverts her eyes on the other side; she could then hear a chuckle.

“J-Jessi?”

“HAHAHA!” Jessica finally burst into laughter as she supports her body with an arm.

“J-Jessi?” Tiffany asked again.

“That was fun now wasn’t it?” Jessica was still laughing.

“That isn’t funny at all Jessi”, Tiffany looked away while blushing.

Oh my god! Did I just saw that!? Did I?!

Tiffany can’t remove the sight she saw earlier as she continues to shake her head.

“Anyway Tiff, I need to get ready now”, Jessica said as she stands up.

Tiffany follows Jessica with her eyes as the latter enters the room to change. She slowly stands on her feet as she heads on the couch and took a seat. She had her hands covering as she held her knees together. Tiffany can feel the heat rising up to her head as her vision went blurry, seeing a sight like that sure triggers her urges. Shaking off the thought out of her mind, she didn’t notice that her face is completely shaded of red.

Minutes have passed, but Jessica isn’t coming out of the room. Tiffany checks at the time and it was 15 more minutes before it strikes 3:00. She called out for Jessica but got no response. Tiffany arched her eyebrow as she stood up on the couch and knock on the room.

“Jessi, aren’t you done yet? It’s almost 3”,

“Hold on Tiff, I’m not yet done”, Jessica answered back on the other side of the door.

“Okay, but you should hurry. Yuri-ah could be here any minute now”,

“Okay okay, I’ll be out in 5”,

Tiffany went back to the couch as she turns on the TV and watch some afternoon shows. Just then, the doorbell rang,

“Coming!”

Upon opening the door, bouquet of roses surprised her as it takes her back.

“Hello!”

“Yuri-ah! Don’t scare me like that! And what’s with the roses?”

“For you of course!” Yuri gave the roses to Tiffany as she smiles.

“Are you hitting on me Kwon Yuri?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow as she receives the roses.

“WHAT?! NO!” Yuri shouts back.

“I was just asking, anyway come in. Jessi is still in the room”,

“Oh thanks”,

Yuri then excused herself as she enters the house. Tiffany asked her to seat on the couch as she gets her some drinks while she waits. Yuri scans the whole living room just to see lots of picture frames on every side. She decided to take a look at it as she waits. It was all pictures of Tiffany and Jessica together. From their toddler years until the present, Yuri can’t help but smile.

“Tiff, what do you think of it? Does it look good? Or should I choose another one?”

Yuri quickly turned her attention to where the voice is coming just to see a gorjess gorgeous lady in front of her. She can’t help but laugh.

“HAHA!”

“Yah! What are you laughing…at?! YUL!” Jessica’s eyes widen upon seeing Yuri in front of her.

“What are you doing in here!?” she asked again as she lock herself on the room.

“What? I told you I’ll come pick you up right? Did you forget?”

“Hey what’s wrong?” Tiffany then came back with a orange juice on her hand.

“Tiff! Why didn’t you tell me Yuri was here already?!”

“What? I thought you knew?” Tiffany place the orange juice down as Yuri took it and sip some from it.

Tiffany looked at Yuri as the latter shrugs its shoulder as she sat down on the couch enjoying her drink. Tiffany sat next to her as she continue watching the show. Minutes later, Jessica opens the door. Yuri and Tiffany quickly turned their attention to her. Jessica looked away as she walk towards them. Yuri raised both her eyebrows as she looks at Jessica as for Tiffany, she just smiles upon seeing her best friend.

“What you think? Is it…too much?” Jessica asked, quite embarrassed.

Yuri stood up from the couch as she examines Jessica’s outfit. Wearing a vintage shirt and short jeans to complete it, she sure knows her style. Yuri gave her a thumbs-up.

“Ready to go?” Yuri asked.

“Yeah”,

“Jessi, take care now okay?”

“I will. Thanks Tiff, I’ll bring you something back when I return. What do you like?” Jessica asked.

“You”, even though it was only a whisper, Yuri stills hears what Tiffany said.

“What?”

“You decide, anything will do”, Tiffany flash her eye smile.

“Cute. Okay I will”, Jessica said as she pinched Tiffany’s cheek before giving it a quick peck.

“Have a safe trip now. Yuri, be careful when you drive huh?” Tiffany warned Yuri as the latter just nod while scratching the back of her neck.

“Bye Tiff, see you later”,

“Bye bye”,

Tiffany bid them farewell as she see them took off. With nothing else left to do, she close the door behind her as she switched off the TV in the living room before entering their room. Lying down on the soft bed, she turns on the TV and continue watching some shows. Her eyelids were starting to become heavy as she felt like sleeping. Ignoring this, she tries to watch some more but her eyelids refuses so. She was now slowly closing her eyes as she drifted off to sleep.

At YulSic, Yuri’s more cheerful than usual causing Jessica to look at her with weird expression. Yuri didn’t seem to care as she move with the rhythm. Playing one of her favourite song, she can’t help but sing to it. Jessica shook her head as she look outside the car.

“Yah Sica”,

“Hmm?”

“Do you have a crush on anyone?”

Jessica quickly turned to face Yuri who has a grin on her face. Jessica’s face is blushing real hard as she keeps shut.

“Well?”

“I…what about you huh?!” Jessica changed the subject as she asked Yuri.

“What? Me? Hmm, I have…none! HAHA! Okay, I answered your question so answer mine”,

“You can’t have none!? There must be at least someone?!” Jessica asked again as she thug Yuri’s shirt.

“Huh? But I don’t”, Yuri answered back.

“You can’t fool me Kwon Yuri. Of course you have! It’ll be weird if you don’t”,

“Aish, I told you I have none. Why don’t you believe me?”

“Because I don’t! Now spill!” Jessica stares at her intensely as she waits for an answer while Yuri gave her a ‘are you serious’ look.

“Aish! You really want to know who?”

“See! You HAVE one! Duh! That’s why I’m asking”,

“Alright”, Yuri close her eyes as she breath deep before looking at Jessica with a serious look on her face “My crush is you! Jung Jessica!”

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BACK FROM MY LONG HIATUS GUYS !! did you miss me? I hope you did, because if not, no update for you.. haha just kidding.. i just got a break from my school thingy and here i am updating yet another chapter of A GAME OF FOUR. :))) hence, here's chapter 7. enjoy you guys..

 

rhobziee's out.