Chapter 14

A Game of Four

Whoa! That was a close call now wasn’t it…But wait, Tiffany’s with Sooyoung? What happened? Aren’t they awkward with each other?

“Yul, you called at Sooyoung’s place?” Jessica asked the latter as she drank some hot choco.

“Ahh…yeah I did”,

“I see. So what did you two talked about? You were squealing”,

“Oh! CONCERT!” Yuri had a huge grin on her face.

“Concert? Of who?”

“KIM TAEYEON!”

“Kim? Taeyeon?” Jessica asked Yuri as she reminds it of Tiffany.

“Hey, what’s with the gloomy face?”

“Nothing, I just remembered someone who has the same taste as you”,

“Aww. Sorry Sica”,

“Naa, it was nothing”,

Great…and I thought I already passed this stage. Haist.

“So Sica”,

“Hmm?”

“Do you want to go somewhere?” Yuri asked.

“Somewhere? Where is this somewhere then?”

“Ahm, I don’t know. Do you have any places you want to go in mind?”

“I don’t have any…for the moment”,

“I see…”

“Anywho Yul, where are we exactly?” Jessica asked as she scans the place.

“Oh! Forgot to tell you. This is my unit before I moved in with Sooyoung 5 years ago”,

“You have your own unit?” Jessica asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yup”,

“Oh, you must be rich then?”

“Rich? Naa, just have my own savings”, Yuri stick her tongue out as she sat beside the latter.

“Anyway, I’m bored, aren’t you?”

“Yeah I’m kinda bored now”, Jessica said agreeing with Yuri.

“I know where we should go!” Yuri said as she stands on the sofa then headed to the room.

“Hey, where you going?”

“Going to take a bath, you should too…We’ll go to my place!” Yuri shouted from the room.

“WHAT?!” Jessica jolted from her seat.

“What? It’s not like this will be your first time going there right?” Yuri replied as she popped her head from inside the room.

“I know that but still!”

“No buts Sica, you’ll be coming with me whether you like it or not…I’ll go take a bath now, after me you’re next”,

“Ehh!? But I haven’t got any clothes with me!”

“That’s so simple, go grab anything from the closet”, Yuri said as she enters now the bathroom.

Jessica was left dumbfounded as she sighed in defeat. She then enters the room and opens up the closet Yuri was talking about and pick herself some new clothes. Her eyes widen upon seeing the number of unused clothes in Yuri’s closet. She sighed again as she chooses her clothes and grab herself some new towels just below the set of clothes hanged on the closet. She then went back in the living room as she sat at the sofa again as she waits for Yuri to come out of the bath.

An hour had passed when Yuri got herself out from the bath. Rubbing her hair with a dry towel, she removes the dripping water from it as she walks around with her bathrobe on. She searches for Jessica for she can’t find the latter anywhere. To her surprise, Jessica was sound asleep on the sofa waiting for her. Yuri just smiled as she goes towards the latter to wake her up.

“Hey princess, the bath’s ready. It’s your turn now”, Yuri said as she gently nudge the sleeping girl.

“Uhm, 5 more minutes”, Yuri just laughed as she heard what Jessica said.

“No can do Sica, we still have to go to my place and it’s passed 10 in the morning. Hurry and wake up”, Yuri nudge Jessica again and this time the latter opens her eyes.

“Uhm, and I was having my beauty sleep. You ruined it”, Jessica glares at Yuri as she picks up her clothes and head towards the bathroom.

“Haha, sorry but you have to move your lazy into the bathroom and go have some bath…you kinda smell because of the alcohol”,

“Yah! I am not!” Jessica said as she stuck her tongue out as she goes inside the bathroom.

“HAHA! YES YOU ARE!” Yuri shouted from the living room as dries her hair up.

“Aish, I haven’t dry my hair properly! It’s because you keep on telling me to move faster!”

“Well for starters, my house is a bit far from my unit. It takes two hours to drive there from my unit you know, and also I want to have some quality time with mom and Yoona”, Yuri said as she turned the wheel to the left.

“Yeah yeah, whatever Kwon Yuri”,

“Boooooo”,

“What?” Jessica said.

“You’re boring…no wonder Soo doesn’t have an eye for you”,

Jessica’s eye twitched upon hearing what Yuri said making her slaps the latter’s shoulder non-stop. Yuri tries to evade it by blocking it with her arm but it was no use.

“HAHA, okay I’m sorry!”

“I REALLY HATE YOU KWON YURI!”

“Haha, that’s okay…hate me as much as you want, I don’t give a thing”, Yuri stick her tongue out as Jessica just look outside her mirror throughout the whole ride.

Yuri and Jessica have reached their destination as they mounted out from the car. Yuri then pushed the doorbell waiting for an answer. Then her mom came out.

“MY BABY!” Ms Kwon hugged Yuri tight.

“Hey mom, missed you”, Yuri said as she patted her mom’s back.

“I’ve missed you too baby, and hello again Jessica”,

“Ah! Yes, hello Ms…I mean, auntie”, Jessica politely bowed in front of Ms Kwon as the old woman asked the two girls to enter the house.

“Mom, where’s Yoona?” Yuri asked her mom as she removes her jacket and hung it behind the doorway.

“She’s upstairs watching some movies with Seohyun”, Ms Kwon said as she bring the some juice and snacks.

“EH!? Seobaby’s here?! HAHA!!! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Yuri said as she got up from her seat, drink some of her juice and munch on some snacks before asking Jessica to go up into Yoona’s room.

“Don’t disturb them too much Yuri, you know how Yoona gets mad”,

“Yes mom”, Yuri said as she had a huge grinned on her face.

Yuri then guide Jessica into the second floor of the house as they went to where Yoona’s room is located. Jessica then saw a sign on one of the door saying, NO ENTER…KWON YURI’s ROOM.

“Say Yul, is this necessary?” Jessica said pointing out to Yuri’s room.

“What?” Yuri then looked to where Jessica’s finger is pointing, “Of course! I need some privacy”, she then added.

“Anyway, we’re here…shh”, Yuri then slowly turned the knob as she sets foot first into Yoona’s place.

Upon entering Yoona’s room, the lights are off and the only lights inside are from the television. She then asked Jessica to follow her quietly as she whisper some words into Jessica’s ear. The latter agreed to what Yuri’s proposal. They slowly searched for the switch of the lights and bingo! Yuri finds it, and count one to three then switched the lights on.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”

Yoona and Seohyun jolted from where they were seating a while ago as they search for the reason why the lights suddenly went on. Upon searching, they saw Yuri and Jessica laughing their hearts out in one of the corner of the room.

“Unnies!!!” Yoona said as she throws pillows on them.

“That was fun now wasn’t it?” Yuri said as she can’t stop laughing.

“God, I think I’ll have a stomach cramps, can’t stop laughing!” Jessica said as she holds on into her stomach.

“I hate you!” Yoona said as she stopped the movie and lay down to her bed.

“Yoong?” Seohyun said as she seat right next to the latter. “Unnies, that was bad”, she added.

“Oops, sorry Seobaby. I just missed my sister”, Yuri said as she do an apology sign.

“I’m sorry too. But it was Yuri’s idea not mine”,

“Yah!”

Yoona slowly peaked into her covers as she furrowed her eyebrows to her two unnies. She then uncover herself up as she sat up straight on her bed.

“I missed you to unnie”, Yoona said as she shyly looks away.

“Aww! Cute!” Jessica said.

“Cute!? WHO!?” Yuri said as she faked a puke.

“What’s wrong with you Kwon Yul!? Don’t say as if your sister is not cute! She’s cuter than you!”

“Ehh!? Hold it right there Princess, I may not be beautiful but I’m WAY CUTER THAN YOONA!”

“Yuri unnie, Yoong’s much cuter to you”, Seohyun said as she looks away.

“Eh!? You too Seobaby?” Yuri said.

“See? Hmmp, you’re way too full of yourself”, Jessica stick her tongue out she grabs the remote from Seohyun’s hand.

“Let’s stop this madness, anyway what were you two watching? And why the lights off?” Yuri said as she snatched the remote to Jessica’s hand and click play button.

An image of two people kissing was in front of the screen, causing for the awkwardness between Yuri and Jessica to build up, again. Yuri doesn’t know what to do as she suddenly click the slow motion of the remote causing the movie to play again in slow motion. Jessica on the other hand, just looked away as she pretends that she didn’t see anything before this. Seohyun saw this and started wondering.

“Yah!!! Gimme that remote!” Yoona said as she quickly got out from her bed and grabs the remote from Yuri and click the paused button. “And that was the best part of the movie as well; she’s going to confess after that kiss!” Yoona added clicking the replay button.

“O…oh? I see. Sorry”, Yuri awkwardly said.

“Yoong, it’s okay we can still rewatch that part. Let Yuri and…” Seohyun stops and looks at Jessica.

“Oh! I’m Jessica. Sorry for not introducing myself Seohyun”, Jessica said as she bowed at the latter.

“Right, let Yuri and Jessica unnie get passed this time”, Seohyun shows some puppy eyes to Yoona causing the latter to look away and say yes.

“Be glad Seo’s here, or else you two won’t get away”,

 …

“Anyway, what brings you two here?” Yoona asked as they munch some snacks in her room.

“Nothing, just visiting and you were the one who said to visit you often”, Yuri replied.

Yoona just had a straight face, Seohyun just giggle beside her.

“Jessica unnie, what’s wrong?” Seohyun asked as she looks at Jessica.

“Eh? N-nothing. Don’t mind me”, Jessica said as she faked a smile and drink some of her juice.

Aish! Why do we need to see that part of the movie! Now I feel awkward! Stupid Yuri!

Yuri looked at Jessica from the corner of her eyes as she drink some of her juice too.

Oh great, I think she feels the awkwardness too. I’m so stupid! Tsk.

“Anyway, Unnie, Taeyeon unnie will be having her first concert here. You going?” Yoona change the topic.

“Eh? Of course! I wouldn’t miss it for the world! You are coming right?” Yuri said as she tries to remove the awkward feeling she’s having.

“You bet I will!” Yoona and Yuri had a high five.

“Taeyeon? As in Kim Taeyeon?” Seohyun asked the two.

“Yup Seo, why?” Yoona said.

“Can I…come too?” Seohyun shyly said as she plays with her finger.

“Of course! THE MORE THE MERRIER!” Yuri said as she shakes Seohyun hands.

“Great! We’re now three. We should invite more people! Unnie, you know any others who are fond of Taeyeon unnie?” Yoona said.

“Ahh…I now one…but…”, Yuri looked at Jessica as the latter did the same.

“Eh? Who is it then? Why won’t you say his/her name?” Yoona asked as she wonders why.

“Hmm? Oh Sooyoung unnie will be going as well right?” Seohyun broke the awkwardness in the air as tries to change the topic.

“Ah yeah, she will…now that makes us four”,

“I know the other one Yuri’s talking about…” Jessica suddenly speak up.

“Eh? Really Jessica unnie? Who is it then?” Yoona asked.

“My…bestfriend”,

“Oh! Great! That makes us five now! Yey! Wait, unnie, you’ll be joining us right?” Yoona asked Jessica.

It takes a minute before Jessica could say yes to Yoona. She just drank the last drops of her juice and just munch on the remaining snacks on her plate as she drifts off her mind elsewhere.

“That makes us six now…Unnie, when do we buy are tickets?” Yoona asked again.

“When you say? I think we’ll buy tomorrow…cause if we were a bit late, we won’t get nice seats…I want to see her CLOSE UP!” Yuri said.

“HAHA! ME TOO!” Yoona said as they had their second high five.

“Thanks for visiting us again Unnie, I guess we’ll see each other tomorrow at the mall to purchase?” Yoona asked.

“Naa, I’ll just buy your ticket and Seohyun too”,

“Eh?! Unnie, please don’t…the tickets are expensive!” Seohyun politely reject Yuri’s offer.

“No can do Seobaby, I’ve decided I’ll purchase our tickets”, Yuri said as she grinned at the latter as she ruffle Seohyun’s hair. Jessica just looked at them blankly.

“Oh! Unnie will be treating! Great! That’s why I love you unnie!” Yoona said as she kissed her sister on the cheeks.

“Now now, settle down. I haven’t purchase any. Kiss me when you have the ticket in your hands okay?” Yuri said as she winked at her sister then ruffling her hair as well.

“Okay!!!”

“Then we’ll be on our way. Mom, we’ll visit again okay?”

“Anytime sweetie, and Jessica remove that shyness in your body my husband won’t like it”, Mrs Kwon then let out a sweet smile to the latter.

“Y-yes, auntie”, Jessica quickly bowed at Mrs Kwon.

“Bye everyone, Yoong and Seobaby, see you two on the day of the concert okay? 2 hours prior you should be on the venue. I can’t have myself looking for you two there, text me where will be the meeting place”, Yuri said as she starts the engine of the car and Jessica getting in.

The two then set the wheels on the road as they drive back at Yuri’s unit. Awkwardness in the air is starting to build up as the two are not uttering a single word. Yuri’s eyes are fixed on the road as she taps her finger on the steering wheel as Jessica just type away some keys on her phone while her earphones are on her ears listening to some music. Not knowing what to do, Yuri just sighed every once in a while as they experience some mild traffic on the way. Jessica on the other hand doesn’t seem to mind this at all. An hour had passed and their getting near at Yuri’s neighbourhood, Jessica removes her earphones and kept her phone inside her jacket as she zipped up its zipper.

“Ahm, you cold?” Yuri tries to ask as she keeps her eyes on the road ahead.

“Huh?” Jessica said.

“I said…if you are…cold? Want me to turn off the aircon?” Yuri asked again and this time her voice stutters.

“Ah…no…my phone’s dead, just keeping it”, Jessica replies with an awkward tone on her words.

“I see”,

Another moment of silence and awkwardness between the two. Jessica kept staring outside the window of the car as Yuri tries to take a look at her from the corner of her eyes without Jessica knowing it. Then Jessica suddenly speak up causing Yuri to be surprised.

“You want what?”

“Drive me back at Tiffany’s place…I…” Jessica looked away as she tries to look for words.

“Ahh…you sure?”

“Yeah…I think”,

“I see…okay then…just let me gas my car, it’s getting empty”,

Yuri then turn her wheels back as she drive it to the nearest gas station. Giving some bill to the in charge, they waited for it to be full tank. Once that the car is full in gasoline, they hit the road again.

"Sica, if you’re not ready to face her we can still turn back”, Yuri said.

“I know, but I can’t just seat and watch as Sooyoung makes her move on her. I have to think of a way too so that Sooyoung would notice me more than her”, Jessica said.

“Well, I know how you feel but in the end, one of you will be hurting real bad and I wouldn’t want that to happen, especially you guys are my friends”, Yuri said as she scratch the back of her neck. “Also, it’s Sooyoung were talking about here. I mean, I’ve known that woman for 5 years or so and I know how she thinks. Once she said something, she really mean it. I don’t want the one to be hurting in the end is you…oh! But it doesn’t mean I want Tiffany to be the one, what I’m saying is that…it’s not really the end of the world, you can still find someone else…someone else who could love you the way you want Sooyoung to love you. Do you get what I’m saying here? I’m kinda bad at explaining things to others”, she added.

Jessica didn’t answer back. This gives pressure to Yuri.

“Oh! But you can just scratch everything I say. You can still have your choice besides, this is your life were talking about here now isn’t it. HAHA”, Yuri faked her laugh as she tries to remove the tension building up.

“I…understand”,

Jessica suddenly speak up causing Yuri to stop her mouthing of words.

“Eh?” Yuri said. “Really?” She added.

“Yeah…kinda…but still…I can’t just scratch the feelings I have for your bestfriend Yuri. I love her and you know that. I’m not just any other girl you just change their love for anyone. Sooyoung’s not some clothes to be change anytime I want”,

“Ahh…I see”, Yuri said.

“But, thanks anyway with your long and confusing advice. I’ll think about it…”, Jessica said as she looks outside the window once again.

She’ll…think about it?

Yuri thought to herself as she step on the gas pedal as they were closing in into Tiffany and Jessica’s unit. Not less than thirty minutes, they’ve reach Jessica’s place. Yuri parked the car beside the street as they dismount the car. Jessica fished out her housekeys as she search for the right key to the front door.

“You should come in Yul”, Jessica said as she ask Yuri to come inside the house.

“EH!? But Tiffany’s there isn’t she? She’s still mad at me after what happened the other day and…”

“That’s why you’re going inside…we’ll try to fix everything, even though it will be little by little. I still want our friendship to last”,

Yuri was able to understand the point of Jessica. She herself, doesn’t want to end everything with just one happening. She needs to fix everything with Tiffany. Gulping and wiping off the sweat forming on her forehead, she excuse herself as she enters the house.

“J-Jessi?”

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

le back everyone ! ~

so once more, another chapter marathon for you guys.. ENJOY ~~