Chapter 29

A Game of Four

 

“Gyuri?!” Sooyoung said to herself as she looks at the girl who’s hugging her best friend.

“Wait, Soo? That’s Gyuri?” Tiffany asked as she doesn’t have any clue about what’s happening on the other hand, Jessica just stares at the two in front of her biting her lip.

“Yah!” Sooyoung then shouted catching both Yuri and Gyuri’s attention.

“S-Sooyoung?”, Gyuri managed to say as her hands are still linked with Yuri’s hand.

“How dare you touch her?! After what’ve done to her a year ago?!” Sooyoung shouts once more as she removes her hand off Yuri’s.

“B-Buddy, don’t…”

“You stay out of this Yuri! I can handle anything you do, but doing something with her is the thing I hate the most! Yuri, this woman here hurt you and you let her touch you? She even hugged you! What’s the matter with you!?” Sooyoung sudden outburst surprised Tiffany and Jessica who was behind them.

“Sooyoung, I wasn’t…”

“Shut up Gyuri! It’s because of you Yuri became like this! Look at her, she’s the same Yuri you left a year ago”, Sooyoung grithed her teeth as she glares at Gyuri who just looked away.

“I told you it wasn’t like that!” Gyuri burst out in annoyance.

“Wha…how dare you shout at me like that huh?!”

Sooyoung was about to slap her when Yuri’s hand stops it. The others were surprised.

“Wha…Yuri what are you doing?! Let go of my hand!”

“No! That’s enough Sooyoung!” Yuri shouted back.

“What are…Why?!”

“Yuri?” Gyuri mumbled.

“Enough Sooyoung, I’m at fault”, Yuri said as she looks away slowly releasing Sooyoung’s arm.

“What? How come it’s your fault? It is clearly this woman’s fault! If she didn’t leave you before thi…”

“I know that”, Yuri started. “It’s my fault because…I can’t seem to move on”, she then added letting her tears escape her eyes once more.

Tiffany and Jessica remained silent from where they are standing as they witnessed some turning of events in front of them. Sooyoung on the other hand could just stare at her helpless buddy. Gyuri just kept shut. Just then Tiffany walk towards the three grabbing Yuri’s arm.

“Alright that’s enough”, she finished as she released Yuri’s hand still intact with Gyuri.

“Tiff, what are you…” Jessica started as she walks near her two best friends.

“I’m tired with all the drama Jess”, Tiffany said with a tone of annoyance as she delivers her words.

“Fany, please I…”

“You too Yuri, shut your mouth for a second okay?”

“Let’s talk about this some other time…I’m a bit tired so I could really use some sleep”, Tiffany said as she walks away from the group. Jessica followed her.

“I’m sorry Yuri”, Gyuri apologized and turns to walk away but Yuri grab her by the wrist.

“I…”

“Please Yuri”, Gyuri rejects as she tries to remove her wrist in Yuri’s grasp. The only thing Yuri can do is do what she wants, she then remove her grasp on her.

“I’ll talk to you…but not now”, Gyuri trailed off as she walks away from Sooyoung and Yuri.

Yuri could only follow her with her eyes as Sooyoung just kept her anger to herself as she witnessed their not so beautiful reunion. On the other hand, Tiffany just kept on walking as Jessica follows her from behind.

“Tiff, hey! Will you slow down?” Jessica said as she catches her breath. Tiffany didn’t look back.

“Yah! Hwang Stephanie! Stop right there this instance! What’s the matter with you!?” just then Tiffany stops.

“Great now you’re listening to me”, Jessica stops as she huffs for air.

Tiffany just stares on the other direction avoiding eye contact with her best friend. Jessica just looks at her best friend without saying a single word. They stayed on that spot for who know how long.

“I just want to go home Jess”,

“Tiff, I know you feel sorry for Yuri but we are in no position earlier. We don’t know anything”,

“But you do!” Jessica was surprised by Tiffany’s outburst.

“W-what?” she answered confused.

“You keep on saying we don’t know anything but you know SOMETHING! You’re the only person Yuri tells her problems even her secrets! So don’t go telling me that you don’t know anything!” Tiffany shouted before looking at her best friend with teary eyes.

Jessica just frowned as she process everything Tiffany just said to her. What she said was all true, but…

“Okay! I admit I know something but I don’t know everything!”

“See?! You tell me yourself! You know something!” Tiffany replied with an angry tone.

“I know something because she told me, I know something that even her best of friend Sooyoung don’t because can she tell her secret to her best friend if it includes that Gyuri on it?! You tell me now Tiffany! You always jumped into a conclusion that’s why most of the times you are being misunderstood by the people around you! Instead of shouting at people, better know the situation first!”

Jessica burst out with her tears as she tries to wipe them off. Tiffany just stood there staring at her sobbing best friend. Sooyoung and Yuri were behind them as they saw the two fighting. Yuri was the one who come to Jessica first hugging the latter as she tries to calm her down. Sooyoung just looks away as she walks towards Tiffany.

“That’s okay Fany…I know everything”, Sooyoung said as she stares at Tiffany.

“You…do?” Tiffany managed to say.

Sooyoung just nod. “Even that girl wouldn’t tell me, I can see it through her actions. She is my best friend after all”, Sooyoung replied as she smiled at Tiffany as the latter just looked away.

Jessica remained still as Yuri rubs her back trying to calm her down.

“It’s okay Sica…thanks for standing up for me”, Yuri then rest her head on Jessica’s shoulder.

“You let go of her Yuri!” Tiffany said.

“I’m sorry…” Yuri then gently pushed Jessica away from her creating a space between them.

“Tiffany that’s enough! I don’t care if you’re jealous or anything but you don’t talk to Yuri that way! Not in front of me!” Jessica said as she glared at Tiffany who just frown even more.

“Jess? What are you trying to show here huh?!” she shouted back this time she walk towards them as Sooyoung tries to stop her.

“Fany, hey that’s enough”, Sooyoung said as she holds Tiffany on her arm but the girl wouldn’t give in.

“Let me go Sooyoung. This is none of your business”, Sooyoung can only grit her teeth to keep herself calm.

“What are you trying to imply huh Tiffany? Why do you act this way?!”

“You know very well Jess what I’m trying to imply! Answer me, do you love Kwon Yuri?!”

Sooyoung and Yuri were surprise hearing what Tiffany just said causing them to look at Jessica.

“God Tiff, if I act this way it would mean I’m in love with her? Already?! Can’t you read the situation here huh!? Are you that naïve?! Yuri is my best friend, she is your friend! How can you say that to her?!” Jessica replied slapping Tiffany.

“Sica…stop, it’s not like you”, Yuri stops Jessica as she grabs her hand preventing it to hurt the latter more.

“Let me go Yuri”,

“No! Enough Sica”,

“Jessi…you changed…you changed so much that I don’t know who you are anymore! I hate you!” Tiffany then turn to walk away from the group as she bumps into Sooyoung’s shoulder before walking away. Jessica could only follow her with her eyes.

“Tiffany…” Yuri mumbled.

“Sooyoung…”, Jessica called out.

“Y-Yes?”

“Please…look after her for me…” Jessica said walking away from them as well. Sooyoung was surprised.

“Sica, I’ll go with…”

“No Yuri. Please, I don’t want to see any of you at the moment. I’m sorry”, Jessica replied leaving the two alone, she was shedding tears.

Sooyoung and Yuri are the only ones who are left as the two left before them.

“So this is the outcome huh?” Sooyoung started.

“Sooyoung?”

“I’m sorry if I lose my temper a while ago with Gyuri. I’m just afraid that she’ll hurt you once again but I guess that’s not the issue here right now. Those two fought because of you”, Sooyoung said as she looks the direction where Jessica went. “Tell me something buddy”, she then added. Yuri could only look at her waiting for her question.

“Are you still in love with Gyuri?” Yuri looked at her best friend. She didn’t answer back.

“Okay, let’s revise my question…are you in love with Jessica?” Sooyoung then look at her best friend. Yuri could only look back at Sooyoung. She was surprised with the question. They stayed just like that as rain started pouring on them.

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i'm so sorry guys i haven't updated. you know the life of no internet connection on the house and the worse fact is that it is my vacation! huhuhu. :( i promise i'll make it up to you guys. So here's chapter 29. :)