Chapter 24

A Game of Four

 

Knowing the fact that Gyuri is nearby, the gang decides that it is best if they stick together. However, Yoona and Seohyun couldn’t stay due to the fact that their midterms are next week so they needed to study for it.

“Taeng, aren’t you busy?” Jessica suddenly asked Taeyeon.

“Oh? Not at the moment. My manager told me I can take a break for a week or so”,

“Ah. Must be nice”, Tiffany suddenly reacted.

“What? Being a singer? Haha, trust me Tiffany it is not. My throat’s killing me”,

“Anyway, if you’ve got a week how will you use it?” it was Sooyoung who sips some of her juice.

“I still don’t know. Haven’t figured it out yet”, Taeyeon suddenly take a quick glance over Yuri who has remains silent for a while. “Let’s change the subject, Yuri are you okay?” she then asked her.

The latter didn’t response as she was lost in deep thoughts but then Jessica taps her shoulder.

“Huh? What?”

Taeyeon and the others just look at her.

“Ah, nothing. I was just asking if you guys would like to have some picnic this weekend. You know, bonding time”, Taeyeon just changed her question knowing the answer to her question.

“Picnic?” Yuri asked.

“Oh! I like that idea! Food!”

“Sooyoung!” Tiffany drags her down back at her seat as she slaps her shoulder.

“Sorry”, Sooyoung just pout as the others chuckles.

“So you guys in?”

“Well, I don’t mind. How about you guys?” Yuri then asked the remaining two who seems to agree with the idea.

“That’s settled then. It’ll be this Saturday to Sunday. Overnight picnic”,

“Wee~ overnight! Do we get a midnight snack?”

They just laugh at Sooyoung’s love for food as they plan for the things they will do and buy before the day of their overnight picnic. After planning everything off, they decided to continue it tomorrow and have their tired body some good night sleep.

“So Jessica and Sooyoung, you know what to buy okay? It’s all in the list. Just call us if you guys need help in anything”, Taeyeon then gives the list to Jessica.

“Where’s the money to buy all this?” Sooyoung then asked. “I don’t have any cash with me”, she then added and Jessica just nods back.

“Here, use my credit card”, Yuri then hand them over the card as Sooyoung was the one to keep it.

Jessica and Sooyoung then walks out of the house as they started their marketing.

“Be careful you guys!” Tiffany then bid them farewell as she returns inside the house.

“So, what we are going to buy today is this”,

“Don’t you think it’s a bit too much for us?” Jessica asked as she scans through the list.

“Hmm?” Sooyoung then take a glance. “I don’t think so, I think it’s just enough for us. We’ll have an overnight so yeah”, she then added. Jessica just shrugs as she place it back at her pocket.

They decided to buy the food on the nearest supermarket in the area. Luckily, Sooyoung knows the area well. Grabbing a basket and a wheeler to place it, they started their marketing. It took them long enough for them to buy all the things needed.

“Oh!”

“Huh? What is it Sica?”

“Could you wait here for second? I need to check on something”,

“Okay. But don’t take too long okay?” Jessica just smile and nod as she runs off.

She then found herself on the juice section. She then picked two different brands of juice with the same flavour. Thinking whether what to choose, she didn’t notice the girl beside her. The girl notices the troubled face of Jessica so she decides to talk to her.

“Excuse me”,

“Oh? Yes?” Jessica was a bit surprised.

“Are you having a hard time choosing?”

“Kind of, my sister told me this one is good but my best friend told me that it’s this one”,

“I prefer if you choose the one on the left. That’s what I’m buying”, the girl just smiled towards her.

“Really?”

The girl just nod back as she gets one herself.

“Unnie! Hurry up, come on”, then a little girl came running towards her and started dragging her.

“Well, I need to go. Have a good day”, the girl then excuse herself.

“Oh! Thanks!” Jessica then returned the other one on the rank just then Sooyoung came from behind.

Wait…have I seen her before?

“Hey, what took you so long?”

“Sorry, it’s hard to decide what to buy. But I already chosen, let’s go”,

“Okay. Let’s pay for this and let’s go home. I’m kind of hungry again”,

After paying, Jessica and Sooyoung splits the shopping bags as they started walking back to Yuri’s place. They have their conversation to kill the time as they walk pass each blocks. Without them knowing their already back at the unit.

“Welcome back you two. So did you buy everything”, Taeyeon asked as Jessica and Sooyoung nods and laid the shopping bag on the counter.

“Great, we also bought everything that we need for cooking it”, Yuri said. Jessica then hand her credit card back and the receipt. “Oh, thanks”,

Tiffany then prepared some snacks for the two to consume while they rest their tired feet. The group then decided to watch some movies that night.

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hohoho.. SOOSIC moment for a minute there! hohoho!

i'll do double update :)