Chapter 41

A Game of Four

 

BEFORE READING...

 

i'm really grateful to you guys who stay with me all the way! *bows 90 degrees. i couldn't possibly finish this story without you guys so kamsahamnida. 

and also, don't kill/talk behind my back when your pairings (the pairings you want) didn't happen i just couldn't you know? TT.TT (haist, i just have a feeling. you know girls)

so yeah happy readings everyone...

 

 

 

 

 

---

Yuri and Jessica just look at each other without exchanging words. Yuri was the first to break their eye contact as she sip some from her drink. Jessica gulped as she tries to held her anger inside her, she approach Yuri and Sooyoung on their table.

“Is it true? You and Gyuri are back together?” she asked Yuri who didn’t face her.

“J-Jessi?” Tiffany asked her best friend then she looks at Sooyoung but Sooyoung just had a melancholic expression on her face.

“Congratulations”,

This time, Yuri looks at her. Jessica gave her a warm smile as the latter ask for a hand shake; she suddenly felt a sting on her eyes but didn’t mind it anymore. It was just a short hand shake and Jessica was the one who let go first.

“Sooyoung, why didn’t you invite me and Tiffany to have coffee with you guys? We were just a couple of blocks away. Don’t you want to spend more time with Tiff?” Jessica asked Sooyoung as she grabs a seat next to Yuri. “Tiff, go grab a seat, you wouldn’t like to stand all day right?” she added.

The four are now sitting next to each other and a strange atmosphere started forming. Jessica is talking like her usual self while Sooyoung and Tiffany observe her. Yuri on the other hand, didn’t say anything after that. They stayed on that shop for an hour or two struggling with the pressure their into. Exiting the shop, they saw Gyuri walking towards them waving.

“Hey! Oh, I thought you were going to meet with Sooyoung?”

“I was…”

“Oh well, this place is too small no wonder you’ll run into each other”, Gyuri smiled she then looks at Jessica.

“Jessica? Is something wrong?”

Tiffany tugs Sooyoung’s sleeve signalling her. Sooyoung got the message.

“So Gyuri, what brings you here?” Sooyoung joins the conversation.

“Nothing, I was just bored back home. Yuri dump all the paper works on me so she can meet you today you know. By the way, Jessica you were on the meeting earlier right? I’m sorry we weren’t able to talk afterwards”, Gyuri continues.

“Enough”,

“Eh?”

Gyuri and the others were surprised when Jessica suddenly spoke.

“J-Jessi?” Tiffany was about to hold Jessica on her shoulder when the latter shove her hand.

“I’ve had enough of this”,

“Jessica? Hey what’s the matter?” Gyuri said approaching her but instead of a warm words, she was welcomed by a strong slap on her face. “W-What the!?”

“Jessi!” Tiffany immediately grabs Jessica’s wrist as Sooyoung came in between.

“Jessica, what’s the matter with you?! Why did you do that?” Sooyoung asked creating a space between Gyuri and Jessica.

“Jessica, what did I do?” Gyuri asked as she holds her cheek.

“You’re making me sick Gyuri! Don’t act all friendly with me!”

“What on earth do you mean?!” Gyuri shouted back. “You’re my friend why wouldn’t I be friendly around you?!” she added.

“My friend?! If you’re my friend Gyuri you wouldn’t make me look so stupid!”

“Huh?!”

“You know from the very start you saw me that I love Yuri! If you claim yourself as my friend you wouldn’t steal her away from me! Your relationship with Yuri is already history! Why can’t I just have Yuri all to myself huh!? Why do I always have someone to share with the one I love?! Why can’t I have them all to myself!? Is that so hard!?” Jessica shouted as she tries to get close to Gyuri but Sooyoung and Tiffany stops her. Yuri just stood there bewildered by the sudden turn of events.

Jessica fell to her knees as she grabs into Tiffany and Sooyoung. With her body trembling, Jessica stays on that position as Tiffany tries to calm her down. Sooyoung then approach Yuri and Gyuri.

“I’m sorry…Gyuri, she didn’t intend to do that”,

Gyuri looks away from Sooyoung then she looks at Jessica who holds tightly into Tiffany.

“Yuri…it’s better if you give her some time. I’m sure you’re surprised yourself. So now you know”, she said. “She loves you Yuri, very.” She then taps Yuri’s shoulder.

“Sooyoung…”

Sooyoung look at Gyuri

“Just please…give her some time. I think this was too much for her”, Tiffany said as she help Jessica stand.

“Tiffany?”

“I’m sorry Yuri”,

Sooyoung and Tiffany help Jessica as they started to walk away from Yuri and Gyuri. Yuri followed them with her eyes while Gyuri still hold on to her sore cheek. Gyuri then suddenly pull Yuri’s sleeve.

“Gyuri?”

“I’m sorry…”

“Gyuri?” Yuri said with a confused look on her face.

“She’s right. Our relationship is history. We should write a new one…though it’s separated”,

“Gyuri…what are you talking about?” Yuri asked once more.

“Time to let go Yuri”,

“H-Huh?”

“I’ll resolve everything since this was all clearly my fault”,

After that, Gyuri bid goodbye as she left without Yuri. Still confuse on everything, Yuri remain intact to where she was standing as she process everything on her mind. It’s been a week already after the incident between Gyuri and the rest. Still staying at Yuri’s place, Gyuri thought that this is the right time to settle things.

“Yuri”,

Yuri looked at her.

“We’re going to where Jessica is”,

“W-what?”

“I’m really feeling sick seeing you guys like this”,

Yuri didn’t utter a single after that and did what Gyuri told her. They leave as soon as everything’s set. It was just a short drive to their place to the Jung Residence. Gyuri was the one who initiate as she pushed the doorbell before them and to their surprised, Sooyoung opened the door.

“Soo? What are you doing here?” Yuri asked.

“I should ask the same question Yuri”, Sooyoung said.

Yuri look away as she avoids her question.

“Just let us in Sooyoung”,

“Why should I?”

“Because you must and enough with your questions. Let’s go Yuri”,

Gyuri drags Yuri inside the house as they search for Jessica. Just then Tiffany emerged from the kitchen with Jessica walking next to her. The two were surprised to see the two inside the house.

Gyuri grab Yuri’s wrist and drags her to where Tiffany and Jessica is. Tapping Tiffany’s shoulder, she held into Jessica’s wrist as well. Gyuri tells Tiffany that it will be alright and just trust her on this one.

“I’m sorry if I cause you two great sorrow…Jessica, I would like to apologize for hurting you like this. I took advantage of the situation, I’m sorry. Yuri, I’m sorry as well. Now I know why you fell for her. Please, don’t let the same thing that happen to us happen to you guys as well”, Gyuri then held both Yuri and Jessica’s hands and place it above each other before letting go.

“G-Gyuri?”

“It’s time’s up for me”, Gyuri said as she smiled to the two ladies standing facing each other.

“Jessica, thanks for slapping me. It helps a lot though it hurts a bit”,

Jessica didn’t utter a single word after what Gyuri told her.

“Well Yuri, aren’t you going to say something to her?” Gyuri asked Yuri.

Yuri tried to look at Jessica who’s looking away from her. Clearing , she face Tiffany.

“Uhm…Tiffany, I’m sorry. I think I may break my promise to you”,

Tiffany looked away as she sigh heavily before smiling. “Yuri, sometimes…promises are meant to be broken”,

“What are you guys talking about?” Jessica managed to asked.

Yuri hold on to her hands tighter. “I made a promise to her that…I’ll never fall in love with you”,

Jessica’s eyes widen after hearing what Yuri told her. Biting her lip, she tries not to let her tears escape  her eyes. 

“Well time for me to go…everything seems to be back to the way it was”

“Wait Gyuri, where are you going?” Sooyoung suddenly asked.

“Why? Are you coming with me?”

“What?! No!”

“I was just teasing. I’ll return to France next week”,

“Why the sudden leave?” Tiffany asked.

“Why you asked? Well because I have to look a partner myself. You guys are all taken, correct me if I’m wrong Tiffany”, Gyuri smiled. Tiffany looks away.

“Yuri…promise me you’ll take care of her?”

 Yuri wasn’t sure what to answer her as she looks at Jessica then back to Gyuri.

“I will”, Yuri then smiles as she tighten her hold into the latter’s trembling hands.

“Great and don’t break this one. Also, I expect Sooyoung you’ll do the same?”

“Why do you always include me!? Just go already!” Sooyoung looks away hiding her embarrassment.

“If Sooyoung won’t do it…then Tiffany? Can I ask you to do it?”

Tiffany was a bit shocked but smiles after that. “Alright. Since she thinks only about food, and food alone”, Tiffany answered back.

“All is well then”, Gyuri stated.

Gyuri bid farewell to the four as she walks away from them. That was the last time they heard anything from Gyuri. The next thing they know was that Gyuri’s return to France was moved making her leave the country sooner.

---