Ice Cream

Kai Bai Bo

You woke up by someone knocking loudly on your door. You flipped over so you were lying on your stomach. The person at the door kept knocking. You groaned before you got out of your bed and dragged your feet along the floor towards the door. You unlocked the door and it was opened by the person outside. Surprised by the action you lost your balance but the wall behind you prevented you from falling to the floor. You looked up and saw Hoya in front of you. Water was dripping from his clothes and he looked like he hadn’t slept.

“Where have you been?” Hoya asked with a stern voice.

“I…I’ve been at home”

“Why haven’t you called my phone calls?”

“I’ve been sleeping” you said quietly. Hoya sighed heavily.

“You scared me”

“I’m sorry” you looked down at the ground.

 

You let Hoya take a shower while you prepared an omelet for him. As you switched the stove on you heard his footsteps as he entered the kitchen.

“What are you making?” Hoya wrapped his arms around you.

“Omelet”

“For me?” Hoya chimed.

“Yeah, for you” you said turning around to hug him back. He was only wearing a pair of light washed jeans. His skin was slightly damped from the shower.

“I have to tell you something” you said looking into his eyes “when I left school yesterday I ran into Kai” Hoya pulled you closer as if he wanted to protect you from just the sound of Kai’s name.

“What did he do?” Hoya’s voice had changed.

“Nothing” you lied “he wanted to talk”

“About what?”

“About why he left…but I didn’t want to listen so I left”

Hoya released you from his grip and sighed heavily. You were confused by his behavior.

“You should talk to him” Hoya said leaning onto the counter.

“What?”

“Talk to him.” Hoya repeated.

“I don’t want to. I’m with you now” you walked up to him and cupped his face with your hands.

“But you have to” Hoya grabbed your hands and removed them from his face “even if it means that I might lose you…” he looked down at the ground still holding your hands.

“You won’t”

 

You and Hoya had shared the omelet in silence before he had left. You sat down on the couch and grabbed your phone. You stared at it for a while before you finally dialed the number.

“Hello?”

“Kris” you said.

“Hey _______! Long time no talk” Kris slightly laughed.

“Yeah I know” you felt guilty for it.

“Don’t feel bad for it” Kris said making you smile “So, what’s up?”

“Do you know where I can find Kai?”

 

A couple of hours later you were seated on the same ice cream shop that you and Kai had been at the first time you had agreed to meet him. Just like that time you had a lavender flavored ice cream in front of you. You had eaten half of it while the rest had melted. You started to regret coming here.

“_______-ah” you turned your head and saw Kai. He had a hood over his head which was drenched from the rain. He walked up to the chair that was in front of you. He took off his hoodie and hung it on the chair.

“Hey” you quietly said.

“How are you?”

“Just tell me what you wanted to say” you snapped.

Kai nodded.

“When my mom told me that I was going to move to China the first thing I thought of was you” Kai sighed “I didn’t want to leave you but I had to”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” your voice became softer “I would have understood”

“I was going to! But…the day I was planning to tell you, you hugged Dongwoo. I started thinking of how things would be for you when I wasn’t there anymore” Kai looked down at his hands.

“I knew that if I told you that I would be moving you would still want to be with me…and I couldn’t do that to you cuz you wouldn’t be truly happy that way. I wanted you to be happy even if it meant that I wouldn’t be in your life anymore”

“I could decide if I wanted you in my life or not myself”

“I know that…but at the time it was too hard for me to let you decide.”

“What do you mean?”

“If you would have told me you wanted to try to stay together it would be hard for me to accept that…and if you told me you wanted to end things it would have broken me” Kai looked into your eyes. You saw that tears where staring to form in his eyes. You nodded to show that you understood what he was saying.

“So I’m asking you now…do you want me in your life or not?”

 


 

Short update! The ending is almost here! I have decided to do two alternative endings!! So yeah...next chapter will be one ending and the one after that the other. I wasn't planning on ending this fic so soon but since I will be working in a bakery for four weeks (starting at 5 in the morning or earlier) I will be too tired to update! But I have been writing some other fanfics that I will be updating on!

I wrote a one shot about Hanbyul and Luhan (from the night of the bonfire) so if you wanna read it, you can read it here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/278513/taking-over-me-one-shot-romance-exo-exom-luhan