Nervous

Kai Bai Bo

It had been raining all day so you had just been sitting at home. You were hoping that it would rain during the evening as well so you could stay home instead of going to the bonfire but you weren’t that lucky. It had stopped raining in the afternoon. You were afraid that if you went to the bonfire something bad would happen but now you had no choice but to go. The girls had called you a lot of times during the day to make you sure you wouldn’t change your mind. They were going to pick you up at half past six. Since you were still in your pajamas you went up to your room to change.

You put on some light skinny jeans and a black hoodie. One thing you were sure of was that you weren’t going to be cold. When you were doing your make up your phone vibrated. 1 new message.

 

From: Hanbyul

We are outside!

 

You sent a text back telling them you would be out in a minute. You decided not to bring a purse instead you put your phone in your pocket. You walked out, locked the door and put the keys in your other pocket.

The girls were sitting in the car waiting for you. You opened the car door and stepped in to the backseat.

“Are you driving today Hanbyul?” you asked while you put on your seatbelt.

“Yeah, I figured we wanted to avoid crashing again” Hanbyul said looking at Bongcha, grinning.

“We didn’t crash! We just weren’t going forward!” Bongcha explained.

You smiled at their little argument. Hanbyul started driving, she was definitely better than Bongcha.

It was a rather quiet trip to the bonfire. You had been talking about what you had done during the day but after that the conversation had died. It was Hanbyul who broke the silence as you drove up on the parking lot.

 “Crap”

“What?” you asked from the backseat.

“I’m not very good at these kinds of parkings” Hanbyul cried. You looked forward and saw an open space between two cars. It wasn’t very much space but the car would fit.

“How bad can you be?” you laughed. She was bad. She was trying to get the right angle but failed numerous times. It didn’t get better when Infinite walked up and stood in front of the car on the grass.

“Great, we have an audience” Hanbyul said in an ironic high pitched voice clapping her hands. Bongcha was enjoying Hanbyul’s struggle. Hanbyul tried a couple of times before she finally got it right. You looked out through the window and saw that there was no space for you to get out of the car.

“Ehm, Hanbyul we can’t get out” you said. Hanbyul looked out of her window. She cursed and hit the window. Infinite seemed to be enjoying the sight. Bongcha looked out of her window, she was sitting on the opposite side of the car from you and Hanbyul.

“I think we can squeeze out here” Bongcha said slowly opening the door climbing out. You and Hanbyul looked at each other. You scotched over the seats to the other side, opening the backseat door and slowly climbing out as well.

Bongcha had already walked up to Infinite and were now talking to Sungyeol. You walked up to the guys and gave them a hug each. You lastly hugged Hoya.

“That was difficult” you said pretending to be out of breath.

“That was funny” Hoya answered smiling.

“Guys, we still have one girl left” Sungjong said pointing at the car. The nine of you were now all looking at the car. Hanbyul were climbing from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat. She looked like a monkey. After a lot of struggle she finally was on the right side of the car. She slowly opened the door and climbed out. As she was walking up to you she slipped on the curbstone, falling towards the ground. Luckily Sunggyu caught her before she did so.

“Thanks” Hanbyul said quietly.

“It’s okay” Sunggyu smiled “I trip all the time” Sunggyu whispered back, winking at her.

“Shall we go then?” Woohyun said, going ahead with Sungjong and L. You walked after with Hoya and Dongwoo with Sungyeol and Bongcha following after. You looked back and saw Sunggyu holding out his arm for Hanbyul to hook, which Hanbyul did.

 

You walked out on an open field, you could see the ocean further away. There were a lot of people already there. There were a hot dog stand, a cotton candy stand and one for drinks. In the middle of the field were where the campfire would be. People started to gather up around it.

“Come on” Hoya said grabbing your hand as you started running towards them. After a while they lit it. The people was applauding and laughing.

You stood with Infinite and your two friends. You had eaten hot dogs and been joking around. You actually had a really good time, but in the back of your mind you could only think of somebody else.

“Are you okay?” Hoya asked. You looked up and saw his concerned face. You playfully pushed him.

“Yes I am. Stop asking me that” you laughed.  

“You sure?” Hoya smiled at you.

“Yes. I think I’ll go for a walk” you said.

“I’ll come with you”

“No it’s okay! Stay here. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes” you smiled assuring before you walked in to the crowd of people, making Hoya lose sight of you.

You didn’t really think where you were going but you ended up in a little forest beside the field. It wasn’t very wide since you quickly came out on the other side where you found a beach. You sat down in the sand looking out. It was a beautiful night but it started to get colder.

“_______-ah” you turned your head and saw Kai standing behind you, hands in his pockets looking at you.

 


 

Since a lot of you wanted me to update I thought I'd do it today! I don't know if I like this chapter or not...but here you go! It's quite short as well but I didn't really know what I would write.

Have you heard 4minutes new japanese single? I love it!!