A Surprise

Kai Bai Bo

You and Hoya were walking out from the building. It was dark outside and it was getting quite cold. It was crowded by people leaving as well. Hoya had removed his hand from your back and was now just walking beside you.

“Who was that guy?” Hoya asked.

“I don’t really know, he came up to talk to me”.

Hoya looked away and sighed.

“Is anything wrong?” You asked worriedly.

Before Hoya could answer you heard infinite calling your names. They were standing by a fountain that was lit up by lamps under the water. You changed your direction and went towards them.

“Finally!” Sungjong chimed.

“What took you so long?” Dongwoo asked.

You looked over at Hoya and he avoided your look.

“Sorry, I forget my bag” you lied.

“It’s okay ______! We could have waited for you for a couple of hours if we had to!” Woohyun winked. You smiled at his childishness.

You were standing talking to Infinite when you heard two voices calling your name. You turned around and saw two girls running towards. At first you only saw their silhouettes but as they came closer you saw who they were. You squeaked, making the guys giving you weird looks. You started running towards them. The three of you hugged and jumped up and down.

“What are you guys doing here!?” you said, trying to hold back your tears.

“We wanted to surprise you!” the two girls chimed.  You smiled.

The two girls were your childhood friends; you had basically known them your entire life. When you had left for Korea the hardest thing to leave behind was them.

“I want you to meet some of my friends!” you said grabbing their hands, grabbing them towards the Infinite boys.

“Hey! This is my childhood friends Hanbyul and Bongcha! Hanbyul, Bongcha this is Infinite!”

Each of the members went up to Hanbyul and Bongcha and introduced themselves.

“I still can’t believe you’re here!” you laughed with tears in your eyes.

“I’ve never seen _______ like this before” Dongwoo chuckled.

“Haven’t you seen her cry?” Hanbyul asked chocked. The guys shook their heads.

“She cries to everything! Even happy things!” Bongcha laughed.

“Why haven’t we seen you cry, _______? It sounds like fun!” Woohyun laughed.

“Yah! We don’t want her to cry! That’s just sad!” Sunggyu said, flicking Woohyun’s head.

“I didn’t mean it like that, it’s just that I think _______ would look really pretty when she cries” Woohyun said while rubbing his forehead. Bongcha nudged your side, wiggling her eyebrows up and down. You slapped her arm and the three of you started to giggle.

“We were thinking of going to grab a coffee and then go for a walk, is it okay if we steal _____ from you guys?” Hanbyul asked Infinite. The boys nodded their heads.

“Good! Hanbyul and I will leave first to go and get the car!” Bongcha said as they left you alone with Infinite.

“They are really nice” L said.

“I wanna meet them again!” Sungjong said. You were glad that your new friends liked your old ones.

“Well, we should probably get going! Have fun!” Sunggyu said, hugging you. You hugged all of the members, when it was Hoya’s turn he turned to the other members.

“Go ahead; I’ll catch up with you”. Sunggyu nodded and led his dongsaengs away from you and Hoya.

Hoya turned back to look at you. He had a sad smile on his face.

“What’s wrong?” you asked him for the second time this night.

“It’s really nothing”.

“Tell me”.

“It’s quite silly really. I’m just afraid that we will lose you”. Hoya said looking on the ground. You lifted your eyebrows.

“What are you talking about?”

“It’s just…. I saw you talking to that guy earlier and two guys in the audience and I was just thinking that maybe you would like them better than us.” He stuttered out. You friendlily laughed at him for being so concerned.

“It’s not funny!”

“It is to me! I would never even dream of leaving you guys!” You said as you hugged him. Hoya started to smile. You leaned back enough to look him in his eyes. He looked back at you. You smiled as you flicked his forehead.

“Aow! What was that for?!”

“That’s for even thinking I would ever leave you!” you said running away from Hoya.

“You little….!” Hoya shouted as he started to run after you. Unfortunately for you, Hoya was a lot quicker than you. He put his arms around your waist and picked you up, spinning you around. You were laughing like a crazy person. You stopped laughing when you heard a car honking. Hoya let you down and looked at the car. Inside of it Hanbyul and Bongcha was sitting smiling like idiots.

“Looks like my ride is here”

“Yeah, you better go” Hoya said quietly. You turned to him and gave him a hug.

“Thank you for today” you smiled as you started to run towards the car. When you reached it you opened the door but before you stepped in you turned to look at Hoya. He was still standing at the exact same place you had left him, with one of his hands in his pocket. With the other hand he waved at you, you waved back before you got in to the car.

When you had closed the door to the backseat you put your seatbelt on and looked forward. Hanbyul and Bongcha were looking back at you with a foolish grin on their faces.

“What?”

“Nothing” they said in harmony turning away from you. Bongcha the engine and stepped on the pedal. But instead of going forward you went backwards. The three of you started to scream. Bongcha stopped the car immediately and you all started laughing hysterically.

“What are you doing!” you laughed.

“How can you even have a drivers license!” Hanbyul laughed.

“It was a mistake okay! Everyone makes mistakes!” Bongcha cried.  The three of you continued to laugh. For the second time Bongcha the engine and stepped on the pedal, but this time she was a lot more careful. You were now going in the right direction.

“You never were good at Mario Kart, were you?” You teased Bongcha, making you burst in to laughter again.

 


 

New chapter!! Hope you liked it!

The new characters are actually based on my two best friends in real life! Hanbyul is my twinsister and Bongcha is my childhood friend! FYI, the one thing we do the most when we are together is playing Mario Kart, so I thought I had to write that! Tell me what you think of them!