Platonic?

Time

 

Hello my wonderful subbies!!!!

Here is a little side story to all those WooU shippers! I wanted to give this chapter as a little treat/suprise! I hope you guys like it! :)



 

Wooyoung’s P.O.V

 

Everything and everyone was awkward now. Yoseob and Suzy were still the talk of the school, although Jiyeon and Yoseob came in a close second. Kikwang was back at Jiyeon’s side. That left IU and me. After everything that had happened at JeJu, I still hadn’t gathered up the courage to confess. But what worried me most, though, was how distant IU was. Although she tried really hard to put a smile on her face everyday, I could tell she was still in pain. I could also tell she was avoiding me, because we hadn’t talked to each other for days. This wasn’t like us. Normally, her and I would hang out after school and tell each other what was going on in our lives, but now…nothing. Maybe I was stupid for ever having shared any of my past with her. That was probably what scared her off the most. My playboy image…or was it the fact that we shared an indirect kiss? Or maybe she was still shaken up over her suicide attempt? I needed to know what was going on with her; I couldn’t stand the silence anymore.

It was nighttime, and all this thinking made me hungry. As I was walking to the convenient store on the corner of my street, I saw a familiar frail figure make their way out of the store.

“IU?”

She couldn’t hear me. She continued to walk the opposite direction. That was, until a group of drunk college kids approached her. I froze and tensed up. My hands formed fists, and I slowly made my way towards her.

IU’s P.O.V

 

I was laying on my bed, reading a magazine, but my mind couldn’t focus on anything but…Jiyeon…

Was I too hard on Jiyeon that day? I wanted to apologize for how rash I behaved. I had treated her like a fool. I took the one and only person she had ever cared about, and in the end, I rubbed it in her face…she would never succumb to low means like I had. Even if someone was torturing her, she would keep it to herself in order to not burden other people with her problems. She was too nice, and I had treated her wrong. I knew what I did was bad, but whenever I saw her I couldn’t get past that resentment. Although she looked like she was in pain, I didn’t have the feeling to comfort her. Every time I looked, she was with “him” the one who tore my heart in two. Sometimes, I wondered if Jiyeon even bothered to think about me in this situation, then I had to remind myself that Jiyeon absolutely never thought about herself, so I was probably still on her mind.

If that wasn’t enough, I still hadn’t dealt with the pictures of Wooyoung and I. I mean, our relationship was just friends, I didn’t have to prove that to anyone…right? So why was he so distant? I thought he would comfort me like he always did, but I couldn’t find him that night. And since then, our relationship had gone from best friends, to acquaintances. Now that everyone was gone, I felt alone. The more I thought about my loneliness, the more I knew I needed to leave my room to get some fresh air. I grabbed my sweatshirt and walked to the nearest convenient store by my house.

“mmm chocolate ice cream! That sounds good right now!” I grabbed the tub and headed to the checkout counter. As I was leaving the store I quickly put my headphones in. I didn’t want to hear my surroundings, I just wanted to tune out. But I couldn’t help but hear voices…it sounded like they were right next to me. I took my headphones out, only to be grabbed by unknown hands.

“Ah let go!” My bag dropped onto the cement and now I was pissed. I looked behind me and was furious.

“HEY ! LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO?” I realized what I had said was probably not the best idea in my situation. How was that the only thing I could manage to let out? I tried pushing them off, but the man, who looked like he was a college kid and drunk I might add, wouldn’t budge.

“You’re so cute. Let’s go back to my place and get to know each other a little better.” As he said that, the boys who accompanied him, whistled.

“Let go of me. I’m not going anywhere with you!”

“Why not? I’m a good-looking guy. You’ll never get approached by someone as handsome as me again in your life. Let’s go little girl, let me rock your world for one night, you’ll thank me tomorrow.” He was gross. And if I didn’t get away from him fast, then I would probably be another one of his victims. I couldn’t let someone like him take advantage of me. The only thing that might work at this point was if I screamed. I opened my mouth, only to have his hand covered by it.

“If you scream, then I have no choice but to take you with me. And never bring you back.”

There was no way out. I was done for.

‘Someone please help!’ The man kept his hand over my mouth and forced me to walk straight in front of him. Suddenly, the pushing stopped, everything was just still in time. My first instinct was to run. I had no hold on me, so that was probably the best idea. But I was tempted to look behind me, to see what had happened. I turned around, only to be face to face with…

“Wooyoung.” I let out with a shocked tone.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” he said as he grabbed my face, scanning for scars that were nonexistent.

“GO FIND YOUR OWN .SHE’S MINE!” The drunk kid ran at Wooyoung. He quickly pushed me out of the way and charged the man.

“SHE’S NOT A !” Wooyoung let out as the guy was on the ground, getting beaten up to a pulp. His friends were no longer around, they had escaped when they realized that Wooyoung could seriously damage their faces.

I needed to stop Wooyoung before he killed the guy.

“WOOYOUNG! Stop. Leave him, the cops will be here soon. He’s not worth you going to jail over.”

Wooyoung grabbed the grocery bag that I had dropped just moments ago, and held onto it as he walked towards my house.

“Where are you going with my bag?”

“You don’t think I was going to let you go home by yourself? Let’s go.”

Secretly, I was happy he was walking me back home. I hadn’t noticed it before, but I was shaking now. When I had finally caught up to him, I couldn’t control my emotions, suddenly, I began to cry.

“Here, wear this.”

Wooyoung took off his jacket and put it on over my shoulders.

“Better?” he said. as he looked into my eyes.

“uhuh. Thanks.”

“are you crying?”

I quickly turned my head away from him and wiped the resedue of water off my face.

“I’m just a little bit shaken up. I’m fine.”

“here, get on my back.”

“Why? I’m okay. My legs are perfectly fine.”

“Just get on.”

After all this time of not talking, it amazed me how comfortable we were with each other. I missed this. I quickly jumped onto his back and rested my head on his neck.

“why haven’t you talked to me since JeJu?” I let out. I anticipated his response, afraid that his reason was one that I wouldn’t like.

“I wanted to give you some space after those pictures…you know.. the ones of us?”

“But you and I both know our relationship is purely platonic? We don’t need to prove anything to anyone.”

“yahh…platonic…that’s what we are..”

It was quiet after that, but I didn’t care. I was back with my best friend, and that in itself, was the best feeling in the world. Although it took being almost kidnapped and to get us back to normal, I was somewhat grateful for being put into that situation.

 

Wooyoung’s P.O.V

 

‘Platonic?’

I didn’t have platonic feelings for her at all. I liked her, I liked her more than I’ve ever liked any girl, but obviously she didn’t feel the same way. I couldn’t be her friend and lie to her about my feelings for the rest of my life. If I didn’t tell her how I felt now, then I would lose my confidence.

As we neared her house, I knew she had fallen asleep on my back. I gave her a little nudge and she woke up instantly.

“What happened?”

“We’re here.” I let out, as she jumped off my back and grabbed the grocery bag from my hand.

“Thank you, Wooyoung. For saving me, and protecting me, you’re the best friend any girl could ask for!” she leaned in and gave me a kiss on my cheek. That’s it. now’s the time. As she was running to her door, I quickly stopped her with the sound of my voice.

“IU!” she turned around and I grabbed a hold of her face.

“My feelings for you aren’t platonic.” I leaned in and pushed my lips onto hers.

She dropped the bag again and stood there shocked. I wasn’t expecting for her to kiss me back, but after 30 seconds, her lips were responding to mine. I pulled away and let out a smile.

“I have to go inside.” She said as she touched her lips and quickly ran inside.

“Goodnight IU…” I skipped home. No one and nothing could ruin my happiness tonight!

 

IU’s P.O.V

 

I ran to my room and fell against my door.

“Did I just…kiss him back???? AISH!!! IU!” After I was done hitting my head, I put my hand to my heart; for the first time in a long time, my heart was racing.

‘What are you trying to tell me…are my feelings not platonic either?’


Did you guys like my little treat? I'll will go back to the real story after this, but I just wanted to make some of my subbies happy! 

<3