Take my Hand, and Lead me Towards a Better Direction

Time

Jiyeon's P.O.V

 

I was still in Yoseob’s embrace when the door opened. I was afraid to look up, I didn’t want to see what I had been imagining in my head for the past minute. But when I finally gathered up the courage to look, I saw Kikwang, standing there, hand in hand with IU. His eyes were so intense that I thought at any moment he was going to start shooting laser shots out of eyes. He let go of IU and tore Yoseob and me apart. Leaving IU and Yoseob there surprised, he dragged me outside.

“WHAT WAS THAT? WHY WERE YOU TWO SO CLOSE?” He finally broke the silence, once we reached the secluded section of the balcony.

“why are you yelling? He was just hugging me! Calm down, you’re not my brother or my boyfriend, you have no right to be so protective.” I was amazed, where did all this confidence come from?

“Don’t you think it’s a little ty to be in the arms of two men in one night? First Wooyoung and now Yoseob, what’s gotten into you?” There was a long pause, but the question he was dying to ask finally came out “Do you like him?”

“ty? That’s the thanks I get for helping you tonight? Well fine then, I’m a big , I’m sorry if, for once I wanted to enjoy my night!” The answer to his second question came out without any true mental processing. “Yes, as a matter of fact I do like him, I’ve liked him for some time now, and he just confessed to me. I was just about to accept when you dragged me out here! What’s wrong with you? And why would you leave your new girlfriend behind in order to get involved in my love life? Just go back to her please, I don’t need you to protect me anymore.”

“You’re right. You’re not worth my time. Go have fun with your new boyfriend, I need to get back to my HOT girlfriend! I don’t know why I got so worked up for a ugly duckling like you, see you.” He might as well have spat in my face and stab me in the heart. I couldn’t tell if he was being serious or if he was just joking like always.

When he left I broke down. We’ve never really had this big of a fight before. It didn’t seem normal. I wanted to run after him and say sorry, but another part of me was telling me to stick up for myself for the first time. He had managed to strip me of all my pride, and I was nothing but a frail little girl sitting on the ground waiting for someone to not step on her, rather someone who would help her up. Did someone like that exist?

I walked back to Yoseob, he was still there, waiting for me, like he knew I was going to come back to him, he had faith, and that’s something I had been missing for some time now. I smiled and he smiled back. That smile might not have the same affect that Kikwang’s smile, but It still made my heart flutter. Was I really falling for him now?

“Can we go for a walk?” I asked, I wanted to know why he chose me, and not her. Why did he go through so much just to get my attention? I wanted to know more about him. I couldn’t just accept his confession without more information!

“Let’s go…but wait.” He took his jacket off and put it around my shoulders… ”it’s cold outside, and I don’t want you to catch a cold.” I smiled. Was this for real? He was too cute. As we made our way to the garden, I began drilling him with questions.

“so, how long have you liked me?”

“Hmm… since my first day of high school? Hahaha lame, I know. I remember, we were playing doge ball, and we were on the same team. You and I were the only two left on our team, and Kikwang was the only one left on the opposing side. In my attempt to save you from him, I got out. You stayed in and it was just the two of you. The passion and fire in your eyes truly captured the moment; you were determined to beat him at all costs. That was the first hit to my heart. Then, you threw a gnarly hard ball at him, the second hit, truth be told I didn’t really like Kikwang at the beginning, so I was your number one fan then. The last hit to my heart, probably hurt you the most physically; when Kikwang threw the ball at your head, and you fell to the floor. I ran to you, I wanted to protect you and make sure you were okay, unlike Kikwang who just stood there and cheered along with his teammates. That’s when I knew I had to get close to you. I endured a friendship with Kikwang, and your inner circle just for you…next question.”

I was amazed at how detailed he was. I only remember bits and pieces from that day, since I suffered a minor concussion, but I remember Yoseob being with me until the next class, and then visiting me at the nurse’s office every break he had. Whereas Kikwang didn’t visit me once, and never apologized.. had I loved the wrong guy for 15 years?

“Why did you accept IU’s offer to be her tonight?”

“I thought being close to her, would mean being closer to you. Please note that she was also using me to make Kikwang jealous…” he paused, he knew the look on my face meant something more than I was telling him. “But I didn’t know she wouldn’t be around you for so long. I would even try to encourage her to hang out with you so that I can see you. You’re not very approachable, and she was my best bet, I knew she wouldn’t really fall for me like she fell for Kikwang…” he paused again, I wanted to assure him that, that name meant nothing to me anymore, but he knew me better.

“ahhh I see…well, to tell you the truth, you didn’t need to go through my best friend to get close to me. I’ve liked you for a long time too.” How could I possibly tell him that my feelings for him weren’t as strong as the feelings I had for Kikwang. My feelings were there, but were there enough to accept his confession?

“I know you also like Kikwang, all I ask is for you to spend the day with me tomorrow, and then be my date to the dance tomorrow. If you have fun, then maybe we can build a relationship from there. If I’m not the right person for you, I’ll understand.”

“Yes. I  would love that.” We both smiled, he asked to take me home, and I agreed. I asked him to wait at the balcony while I went inside to get my bag. I noticed everyone in the party had almost left. I grabbed my bag off the red chair and headed back to where I left Yoseob. As I was about to open the door, I heard shouts coming from the opposite side.

“HOW DARE YOU CALL HER A ? Do you have any idea how much of a jerk you were back there? She did all of that for you, and you repay her by degrading her? Sue her, she likes a man who’s not you, are you going to stop her from ever experiencing love?”

“Stay out of this…” he said quietly and walked away.

I pretended like I didn’t hear anything, and walked over to Yoseob.

“I’m ready, let’s go.” as we walked out to the car, my arm brushed Kikwang’s. he looked at me with eyes filled with sorrow. He slowly noticed Yoseob’s jacket around me, and walked away. Was that it? 15 years of friendship down the drain. My heart was slowly breaking, but when Yoseob reached for my hand, I felt my heart being healed. I liked it.

 

 

 

 

***Chapter 4! woot woot! i'm keeping my promise to you guys already! I hope you will continue supporting "Time." I might update one more time(haha punny...you get it?) before I head off of cyber space, so be prepared! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!***