I'll Always Cherish You

Time

 

Hello my wonderful subscribers, here is an eventful update! I hope you all enjoy! ^^

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

YAH KIKWANG!! HURRY UP!! I don’t want to wait in line forever!

“I’m coming. Calm down! Someone has to buy the tickets!”

“ahhh thanks Kikwang –ah.” I felt bad for yelling at him, but why was he being so sweet?

“Don’t mention it…Let’s go!” for some reason, it felt like Kikwang wasn’t here at all. I wanted so desperately to ask him what was wrong, but then again, I was in no position to be concerned. Was this what our relationship has turned into, both of us avoiding stepping on each other’s toes? I didn’t realize how much I had missed my best friend; I wanted to stay like this, next to him, forever.

We went on what seemed like a million rides. It felt nice to scream in an environment that made it okay to do so. Everything that has been bottled up in me needed to come out, and screaming my lungs out on the rides helped a lot. I was surprised by all the couple things we did, usually Kikwang hated anything with the word “couple” in it, but here he is buying matching shirts and headbands. Something just, doesn’t seem right. I finally gained the courage to ask him while we were on a gondola ride through the park.

“Kikwang…can I ask you a question?”

“ahhh..sure, I guess. Since when have you asked for my permission?” that’s true, I usually just say whatever’s on my mind, without caring about what other people thought. I think that is a part of my charm.

“Why did you bring me here? I thought we, well I thought we kind of ended everything this morning.” I was almost positive that I had asked him to give me some time to think about, well, us.

“Remember when I asked you to help me get IU as my girlfriend?” Why was he changing the subject?

“yeah.” I loved getting reminded about the days he broke my heart…how many times was that now? 10 or 20? THANKS!

“well after we talked, I went to the jewelry store you really liked, you know the one we walk past every day? I saw the ring you wanted, and I decided to buy it for you as a thank you present.” He let out a cough and reached for his pocket. So that’s what happened to the rings? But wait, didn’t they come in a set? You can’t just buy one and not the other, they were couple rings after all…

“Here.. I hope you can accept it as…”

Is he going to make me accept them as couple rings? OTOKEA! I’m not ready for this, and what about the talk we had this morning!

“I hope you can accept it as…my apology and goodbye present.”

BOOM. CRACK. My heart broke again.

“Apology present? Goodbye present? What are you apologizing for, and where are you going?” what was he talking about now.

“I’ve realized that I only like you as a friend…” I couldn’t speak; I just stood there frozen, like an idiot.

“I’m apologizing for leading you on, and saying goodbye because I don’t want to be friends anymore.”

I still couldn’t speak, were these words really coming out of his mouth?

“I can’t continue to do this to IU. She is the real girl I love, and I’ve been ruining my relationship with her because of you. I’ve been selfish to her, and she deserves way more. It’s out of luck that someone like her could ever like me, I need to hold onto her.”

I coulfn’t stay quiet for much longer. There was no way he was going to use IU as an excuse, just a couple days ago he didn’t care if she died because of him. Now their 4 day relationship was worth more than our 15 years of friendship. Did that even make any sense?

“Wait, what about your confessions? And, and you kissed me. What are you talking about, stop joking around with me Kikwang, it’s not funny. We’ve been friends for 15 years, how can you be so cruel?”

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

Jiyeon, why are you making it harder for me to let you go? Isn’t this what you wanted? I’m giving you what you want, a free out.

“Those confessions meant nothing to me, you only stand as a best friend in my heart, not a lover. I’m sorry for confusing you. Trust me Jiyeon, I wish I was just joking, but I truly, honestly, have no intension of ever being romantically linked to you. I might have been jealous because you’re dating my best friend, but other than that, I truly don’t see you as a girl I would ever be with. ”

I could see tears form in her eyes. Mianhae Jiyeon, I want so much to grab you and hold you in my arms. But this is the best for you. Yoseob will treat you well, I know he will, and if one day you can forgive me for putting you through all this pain, I’ll be waiting for you.

“The love I showed you were all lies. I don’t love you, I hope you can forget any of this ever happened…and you know dating you would just be a burden and I..”

SLAP I couldn’t finish my sentence because I felt a sharp sting on my face.

“WHY? Why did you play me like a toy? I was sincere through all of this. You know what? My heart has only ever had room for you, and you took advantage of that. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? WHY WOULD YOU STEAL MY FIRST KISS IF YOU WEREN’T GOING TO BE MY LAST? WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME FALL FOR YOU AGAIN AND THEN JUST LEAVE ME LIKE TRASH ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET. WHY????” she was in full tears. People were starring at us, and I now wished I had chosen a quieter place to do this.

“I don’t know why.” I managed to say.

“You don’t know? You don’t know? I know why, it's because you’re afraid of feeling something real for once.  After saying that you love me, how can you turn your back so quickly on me? I guess I was really fooling myself with the idea that, possibly, one day we could live a happy life together. I’m sorry for being a burden for the past 15 years. Just leave, please, I’m relieving you of the burden of being my friend. I can honestly tell you that I don’t want to see your face..”

“Ever again.” The last two words were what got me. She hated me. Yoseob, I’m not sure why I listened to you; there is no way she will ever come back to me. Why was I so dumb to let my first love go? The damage was already done, I had to leave. Jiyeon, you don’t know how much sending you away is crushing my heart, I want nothing more than to take back everything I have said.

The ride stopped and I got off, but she stayed on and continued going around the park. She was crying hopelessly, I couldn’t just leave her there without anyone there to help her. I reached for my phone.

“Yoseob, I ended it. Come and get her, we are at Lotte World, she will probably be on the Gondola ride, come quickly.” I left a voicemail for him. I wasn’t going to leave until I knew she had a ride home. I stayed there, behind a tree for 20 minutes, seeing her ride the gondola 5 more times before getting off and grabbing a seat at a bench.  

She looked so fragile and pale. ‘Jiyeon don’t do this to yourself, I’m not worth it. You deserve someone better, someone who will treat like a jewel, not someone like me who can only bring you hardship and pain. Please Jiyeon, gather your strength and show me you can really live without me. I want you to make the fake Kikwang you met tonight regret ever breaking your heart.’

I finally saw Yoseob. Before he could approach Jiyeon, I grabbed him and pushed him against the wall.

“You knew this would happen. You knew that she would never come back to me after today. You knew it didn’t you?” I yelled in his face.

“Kikwang…This is for the best.”

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I TRUSTED YOU AS A FRIEND? WHY WOULD YOU STAB ME IN THE BACK LIKE THIS? YOU KNOW I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT HER.”

 “WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE KIKWANG, YOU DO STUPD . WITH YOU IN THE PICTURE, THERE IS NO WAY I CAN HAVE A REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH HER. WHY ARE YOU SO SELFISH?”

“You bastard.” I punched his face. He fell to the ground, and I picked him up from his shirt and pinned him to the wall again.

“Am I really the only one selfish here Yoseob?” He was quiet for a while.

“Kikwang, I still think that if she loves you, then she will come back to you. But you need too need to change. Figure out what’s important in your life. Can I guarantee that she will come back, I’m not sure. But I’m going to protect her for you, don’t worry.”

“I’m going to get her back one day. When she realizes that I’m not just a phase in her life, she’ll come back to me. She’ll leave you brokenhearted and lonely, and you’ll be in more pain than you are in right now. When that day comes, I’m going to be standing next to her, loving her with all my heart. For now go to her. Before she cries to death.”

“You’re going to have to let go of my shirt first.”

I let go of my grip, and walked away.

‘I’m not walking away from you Jiyeon; I could never walk away from you.’ I held onto my necklace, the mate to her ring hung low on my chain. ‘Yes jiyeon, I have the other ring. Like I said, we’ll be together, even when we’re apart. Please cherish your ring Jiyeon, because I will be cherishing mine.’