It's Hard to Forgive and Forget

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

The hour-long plane ride seemed like the longest hour of my life. I tried to fall asleep on Yoseob’s shoulder, but I couldn’t help but think about the situation I was in. on my left was the boy who was my savoir, someone I had opened my heart too and who crushed it in a matter of days. Was I too quick to accept him back into my life? But the thing is I knew he genuinely loved me, no matter what happened, he would still look after me.

Then there is the boy on my right, who I’m pretty sure was starring at me the whole hour. The boy who I loved for 15 years, the one who never acknowledged me as more than a sister, but I foolishly lead myself to believe that there would be hope one day. But for some reason, I called out his name to come and save me; but he didn’t show up. Were his confessions really made out of pity and jealousy? Was I wasting my time thinking about him?

Then there was IU, why was she so cruel back at the airport? It’s not like I meant to fall into Kikwang’s lap on the bus, it just happened. How can she hold that against me? We’ve been friends forever, I’ve always put her first; How can she turn her back on me so fast? Was this friendship really just one sided, was I stupid for being by her side?

I didn’t even want to think about Suzy. She wasn’t worth my time.

Finally, the plane landed, and all I wanted to do was jump out of the plane and scream from the top of my lungs. As I was getting up, Yoseob grabbed my hand and walked with me down the aisles. I heard the whispers again, but I was done listening to them. Let them say whatever they wanted; it was all out of jealousy anyways.

The bus ride to the hotel was just as awkward and silent. It seemed like the Chunji situation had reached the ears of the entire student body and everyone was looking at me and judging me. I saw Chunji’s fan girls giving me the evil eye, and the boys were all giving me dirty looks. Yoseob managed to scare most of the boys, but they still starred…they will always stare. My reputation was slowly crumbling into dust…

“Yoseob.” I let out, still a little hesitant to talk to him after everything that had happened. But I knew he was the only one who would understand my feelings.

“You don’t have to say anything; I won’t stand for any of this. If anyone says anything other than the truth, that you were attacked, I’ll beat the out of them. Don’t worry about anything, arasso?”

“Thank you. Thank you for coming for me. For not letting me go when I asked you to. For wanting to be there for me…thank you.” I hugged his side; I’m not sure if he took this as me forgiving him or as a thank you…I needed to really talk to him. My train of though was broken as soon as the bus pulled into the hotel driveway.

“I told you. No matter what happens, I’ll be there for you. Whether we are together or..” he hesitated to say it..

“or not.” Did he think we were over? Were we? I honestly didn’t know, because if we were over why would he be holding me so tightly?

The bus stopped and everyone got off. As soon as I got off, I was overcome with a forceful embrace. It was Luna.

“Jiyeon-ah!!! Why didn’t you call me! I would’ve beaten the out of Chunji!!! Are you okay? He didn’t touch you, did he? My poor baby!!” she was on the brink of tears. I had to console her by patting her head.

“Luna, I’m okay. I’ll tell you what happened later.” Miss Park was gathering all the kids so she could read off the room assignments.

“All right, everyone settle down. I’m going to read off the room assignments. Please listen carefully!”

Sharing a room with IU is going to be really awkward…’ I thought to myself. Oh well, it gives me time to apologize for something that wasn’t even my fault.

“In room 301, we have: Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Dongwoon.”

“In room 302, we have: Niel and L.Joe”

“In room 303, we have: Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Sungyeol”

“in room 304, we have Krystal, Luna, and Amber”

“in room 305, we have IU, Goo Hara, and Suzy” ‘That’s not right…I’m supposed to be in that room…not Suzy’

“In room 306, we have: Wooyoung and Yoseob.” ‘Wait…that’s not my original room assignment…Kikwang’s supposed to be in that room.’

“In room 510, we have: Jiyeon and Kikwang. Are there any questions?”

“WHAT????????” I yelled

“WHAT?” IU yelled, shocked and pissed.

“WHAT?” Yoseob shouted.

“WHAT?” Kikwang said, with a shocked face.

“HAHA” laughed Suzy.

I heard the whispers start again. WHY ME? I ran to Miss Park, this couldn’t be happening.

“Miss Park, there has to be a mistake. Why am I in a room with a boy? This makes no sense?” I was in denial. I was looking at Yoseob and Kikwang who were standing next to each other. Yoseob just stood there with his mouth open, and Kikwang was wide eyed.

“I’m sorry Jiyeon, but I got the okay from your parents and the board. We were over this year, so it turned out this way. Besides, you two are like brother and sister; I trust you two.” Really Miss Park, you trust two 18 year old kids of the opposite to not do anything in a room, all alone…what are you thinking?

“Then, I’ll just pay for my own room.” I said. quick to pull out my debit card.

“I tried getting you two your own separate rooms, but the hotel is all booked. I’m sorry. I hope you won’t make this an inconvenience for me.” ISN’T THIS AN INCONVINENCE FOR ME, WOMAN?!?!

“ahh..” what do I say to her? I couldn’t yell at her, she’s my teacher after all…

“All right, everyone grab your stuff and come and get your keys. Since you’re here Jiyeon, you can take your and Kikwang’s keys and make your way towards your room.” I hesitantly took the keys and turned my back away from her.

“Arrasso..” I let out a defeated sigh as I walked over to Yoseob and gave him a look that everything was going to be okay. And then I walked up to Kikwang.

“Here’s your key. There’s no way we can change the rooms, the hotel is all booked.” I walked past him without giving him a chance to respond. I grabbed my luggage and went inside the hotel. It felt like everyone was watching me, but I didn’t look back, only cowards look back, I was going to be stronger than that.

As the elevator was about to close, I saw a hand make its way through the crack and set off the censors.

“Great…” I gave a pissed off face and re-pressed the ‘door close’ button. I was in no mood to converse with the boy I would be spending 2 nights and 3 days with.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to wait for the second elevator to come. I knew it would be crowded anyways.” Kikwang let out.

“It’s fine.” My tone hadn’t changed, and he knew I was no mood to talk to him.

When the door finally opened, I made my way out without even looking at him.

‘How could someone be so dense?’ I turned around and gave him one of my evil stares and walked away.

“Room 508, 509…510! Yay!” I reached for my keys, but my hands were full with stuff. Out of nowhere, my head rested on someone’s torso. The door opened and I looked over my shoulder and saw Kikwang. Our faces were just an inch away from each other.

I stumbled, and dropped my stuff, breaking eye contact as I tried picking everything up. He still stood there and watched.

“*cough *cough. Here you go. Do you need any help?”

“Don’t try to be nice to me.” I walked into the room and left him standing at the door. Before the door closed, he made his way through. I placed my suitcase and bag on the ground, only to look up and find that…

“There’s only one bed…” Kikwang said.

“Thank you, Mr. Obvious.” I said with a sarcastic tone.

“What are we going to do? I’ll sleep on the floor…” Kikwang hated sleeping on the floor. Especially since he had a bad back, I wasn’t going to put him through pain just because I was mad at him.

“It’s fine, I’ll sleep on the floor.” I made my way towards the balcony and opened up the curtains to let the sun come into the room. It was so pretty.

“Don’t be silly, you should sleep on the bed.” Don’t try to fix your wrongs right now Kikwang, a bed won’t make me forgive you.

“Listen, I really don’t want to fight with you.”

“Then why don’t we just share the bed?” ‘WHAT? Was he being serious?’

“You’re unbelievable.” I walked to my suitcase and grabbed a shirt and shorts to change into. My blouse had been ruined due to Chunji’s agressivnes. I walked to the bathroom, and he talked to me through the door.

“Why? It’s not like we haven’t done this before. Besides, we’re both in relationships and things look good with you and Yoseob..”

I walked out of the bathroom dressed in my new clothes and starred at him.

“You and IU look like you’re good too. So good, I think she’s totally worth treating me like over.”

“Listen, i—“

“I don’t want to fight. I’m just overreacting. You have the right to be annoyed; I ruined your moment with her. We’ll figure out the bed situation later. I’m going to go down to the lobby.” I walked towards the door and left the room. As I shut the door, I leaned against the door and glided down onto the floor.

Can I really do this without him sparking my feelings back? Ottokae!’

Kikwang’s P.O.V

I was more happy than shocked when I found out I would be sharing a room with Jiyeon, but I shouldn’t feel like this. Right? But the way she was treating me, it was like she couldn’t even treat me like a human being. She walked out without even giving me a second look, did I do this to her? Why won’t she ever let me get one sentence in? Why did she run away from me like I’m some sort of disease? Can’t she understand I did all of this so that she can become strong without me by her side, can she not see my heart racing when I’m next to her? My heart still yearns for her; no matter how much I want to deny it, the pain of letting her go has never left my chest. Does she really think I can forget about her that fast, is she that blinded by hatred to be so oblivious. I had a million questions, and no answers.

‘Jiyeon, I’ll try not to lead you on, but don’t stare at me with your eyes, or I might do something we both might regret.’

Suzy’s P.O.V

“Why did THEY have to share a room together? I’m the one with Kikwang, didn’t it make more sense for me and him to be in a room together?” IU vented out to Goo Hara, as I was listening intently.

 “They’ve been friends for 15 years IU, the teachers know that he’s with you and that she’s with Yoseob, they know that they won’t do anything…Unless you know something they don’t?” Goo Hara let out.

“Well..” IU shyly let out as she starred at the floor.

“You know something, don’t you?” Goo Hara sounded excited. Then IU looked at me, I reverted my attention back to unfolding my clothes, but continued to use my ears to listen to their whispers.

“Well…to be honest. I’m pretty sure Kikwang is in love with Jiyeon.”

“WHAT?” Goo Hara screamed in denial

“He is, in love with her that is” I said, as I stopped folding and looked at her.

“How--?” IU looked at me.

“I heard him tell Yoseob. Obviously he’s playing you; Jiyeon too. Didn’t she make the room assignments? Why do you think they’re in a room together?” Now that this question as implanted in her head, it will make her go insane...it’s working!

“That’s impossible…Jiyeon wouldn’t—“ Right then, IU had a sudden realization.

 “You’re right, she told me herself she was making the room arrangements…Why would she do this?”

“We don’t know Jiyeon’s side here IU, let’s not jump to conclusions.” Goo Hara was messing everything up! That needs to shut up!

“Goo Hara’s right. We don’t know if this is an accident, or if they’re doing this to throw everyone off…” I gave a little sigh.. These idiots believe anything I say.

“No, Jiyeon did this on purpose. I’m tired of coming in second. This is the final straw.”

“IU, you need to calm down. Kikwang nor Jiyeon would put you through this. They’re always looking out for you.” Goo Hara said. I wanted to glue shut. She was ruining all my hard work.

“It’s time I put him to the test. It’s either Jiyeon or me. He can’t have both.” IU was doing everything I planned.

“Aren’t you scared he’s going to choose Jiyeon?” I said. That got her thinking.

“He won’t if he knows what’s good for him.” Great answer IU.

ASSA! My plan is working smoothly! Haha it’s like taking candy from a baby. Yoseob will be mine in a matter of days. The last night of this trip will be the best, everything will go out with a bang.

Yoseob’s P.O.V

How can they be sharing a room? Is that even legal for a school to approve that?

“AISH!” I pulled my hair. “I’M LOSING MY MIND!”

“Don’t worry dude, the worst thing that could happen is they hook up and don’t tell you.”

“Thanks Wooyoung, that makes me feel SO MUCH better.” I threw a pillow at him.

“You have to trust your girl. Do you not trust Jiyeon?”

“I trust Jiyeon, it’s kikwang I don’t trust. This wouldn’t be the first time he tried stealing Jiyeon away from me…”

“Well you have to leave an impression on Jiyeon that will make her forever yours and never sway back to Kikwang.” Wooyoung making sense for once…

“How do I do that?” I asked puzzled.

“Think about it bro…” he raised his eyebrows. What was Wooyoung thinking?

“Well I was planning a surprise for her on the last night.” I let out. But that didn’t satisfy Wooyoung, he wanted a different answer.

“Well after the surprise, you can use our room to get a little, alone time with her… if you know what I’m talking about.”

“Huh?” What did he mean alone time? I would be alone with her for the surprise.

“DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU?!?”

“YAH, YOU DON’T NEED TO SHOUT!”

“Okay just think about it…how can you leave your mark on Jiyeon? What will make every guy back off her?”

“Wha—Ahhh I see…we’ll see…” I didn’t want to pressure Jiyeon into anything especially after everything she had been through today. I’d rather take things slow with her and never have any regrets.

“Come on guys, it’s time to go meet the rest of the seniors downstairs in the lobby.” Dongwoon knocked on our door.

In the Lobby

“Alright kids, we’re going to split you up into groups to explore the island. The first group is: Yoseob, Jiyeon, Kikwang, IU, Wooyoung, and Suzy.” Why did SHE have to be in our group? She was everywhere I turned, I couldn’t shake her off.

As we began walking, I noticed everyone drifted into pairs. IU and Kikwang in the front, Wooyoung and Suzy were following them, but Jiyeon looked hesitant to follow.

“Yoseob?” Ehh she’s talking to me…act cool Yoseob, act cool. Act like you’re not pissed at the idea of her and Kikwang sharing a room. Just. Act. Normal.

“Yah?”

“Can we get away from them and go somewhere to talk?” What did she want to talk about that she couldn’t tell me here?

“Sure, but I don’t know my way around here.”

“I do, don’t worry. My favorite hiding spot is right over there.” She pointed to an area full of trees.

“It doesn’t look like there’s a place to talk over there? Are you sure this is the right place?”

“This is right, trust me.” she grabbed my hand and lead my to the secluded area. It was beautiful, just like her. How did she know this place?

“How do you know this place?” I said as I sat on a rock.

“I used to come here once a year with my family for a while. Whenever I couldn’t handle it, I came here. It’s nice to just sit and think.” She sat across from me and looked me in the eyes. I missed her stare, I missed losing myself in her eyes, I never wanted to be separated from her ever again, I was stupid for letting her leave before.

“There’s so much I don’t know about you..” I let out; it was true. I wanted to know more.

“You’ll learn more about me. But what I really want to talk about is, Suzy.”

“What about Suzy?” I was afraid of this question the most.

“Everything about Suzy. Why is she here? Why did she kiss you? Why did she set me up with the whole Chunji thing? Why is she unwilling to let you go? Yoseob, if there’s something you know, please tell me!” Her eyes got teary eyed, I couldn’t hide the truth from her anymore, and she needed to know.

“Suzy’s my ex-girlfriend.” Jiyeon went quiet.

“Ahhh…” she finally let out. Good, she can still talk to me. “When were you guys together?”

“We dated the last year of middle school, then she left for the States without telling me, she left without saying goodbye. I thought we were still together, but I was wrong. When she left, I learned she cheated on me with a couple of other guys. I was heartbroken…” She cut me off, but I knew what she was going to ask.

“Are you sti—“

“No.” I said, confidently.

“No what?” she said

“if you’ll let me finish. I was heartbroken until I met you. As far as I know, Suzy is nothing to me anymore. I don’t want to have anything to do with her. Having her here is like having a bug you cant shake off or kill. She’s a nuiscance, and I more than anyone, want to see her gone”

“So , what about the kiss then?”

“She forced herself on me that night. I didn’t want to be there, but I had no choice.” , it was THAT night wasn’t it…

“But why were you with her, when you were supposed to be with me?” I still hadn’t told Jiyeon that I was engaged to Suzy, but right now wasn’t the time. Hopefully I would succeed in calling off the wedding before anyone found out.

“She called me unexpectedly and asked to meet me. I thought it would be short, but it wasn’t. I’m sorry. I really didn’t think you would be waiting for me all night. If I had known you didn’t have your phone and you were out in the cold I would have never met her. I would’ve run to you.” I hated lying to her. This was probably one of the worst feelings in the world. But I couldn’t lose her, not after I just got her back.

“None of this is a lie, right Yoseob?” Could she tell? Do I act cool? AISH, I wanted to pull all my hair out in frustration.

“None of it. I’m being honest.” ‘I lied again, sorry Jiyeon, I’m being selfish.’

“Okay. Well then I’m going to fight for you Oppa. I won’t let her take you away from me that easily!” She let out her aegyo voice. This was the Jiyeon I knew and loved.

“You don’t need to fight! When it comes to me, You’ll always win hands down. I don’t want anyone but you.” I smiled at her. She was turning red in the cheeks and hid her face with her hands.

“keke really?” she was all giddy! I loved her giddy face, I had missed it so much.

“Jiyeon, I have a surprise for you tomorrow night, will you meet me after dinner right here, at this exact spot?”

“A surprise?”

“Yah.”

“I’m not going to find you kissing another girl, am i?” she had her serious face on, but then it broke when she broke out laughing.

“hahahaha I’m just kidding Oppa. Of course I’ll meet you here!”

“Assa!” I let out, punching my fist in the air

“Ahh, my Oppa is so cute when things go his way! Don’t hurt me anymore Yoseob, I didn’t like fighting with you.”

“I will never hurt you anymore.” I pulled her in and kissed her forehead. I saw her cheeks get even redder. Now thinking about it, we’ve only had one kiss, and that was an accident…I pulled away from her and grabbed her hand as we made our way out of the hiding spot.

“Yoseob, about the Kikwang room thing, don’t be worried. I won’t let anything happen. I wouldn’t forgive myself if I did.”

“I know Jiyeon, I trust you.” I took my arm and put it around her waist and pulled her closer to me. At that moment, I was confident that I had her, and that no one else was in her heart but me.

‘I finally have my Jiyeon back in my arms, and I’m never letting her go. Thank you Jiyeon for giving me another chance. I’m going to end this thing with Suzy as soon as possible so your heart isn’t broken again because of me.’



 

Hello dearies!

Did any of this shock you? keke ^o^

So I tried putting all of the Jeju island stuff in one chapter, but I think it's impossible >.< so here is the first part. I will update again tomorrow with another portion of events, I promise you, it's all planned out! I have 8 pages of notes scribbled in my notebook! hehe! I hope you enjoy this update my lovely subscribers! 

<3