Jealousy vs. Greed

Time

 

Yoseob’s P.O.V

“please…don’t leave…Saranghe Jiyeon-ah…”

How come I couldn’t say it loud enough for her to hear? Why didn’t she just turn back and come into my embrace? The last thing I wanted was for her to leave. Had I just reached for her wrist one more time, and held onto her, I probably could have made her mine. But how would I explain to her that the sole reason I began seeing IU was only to get closer to herself. Jiyeon barely gave me the time of day, had I not been Kikwang’s friend, I doubt that she would ever steal a glance towards my direction. Now I have created such a tangled web filled with lies and betrayal, that even if she ever had an ounce of interest in me, the sudden look in my direction would disgust her. But what could I do, I like her, maybe even to the point of love. Does pretending to like your crush’s best friend really make me that much of a coward? My intensions were for the right reasons, am I a jerk for liking her to the point that all I want to do is protect her from anything potentially hurtful? I might not be in her heart now, but I will work my way there…Kikwang, mianeh, but this means war.

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

I was getting ready for the party tonight, but I wasn’t sure if this felt right anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I liked IU, but was I rushing things? Was it selfish of me to make Jiyeon do all of the romantic stuff for me? I am fortunate to have a friend like her by my side, but why did everything feel wrong? I glanced over at my desk as I was tying my tie, and saw the rings I had bought for me and Jiyeon. I knew she wanted her future boyfriend to buy her the ring, but I hope she would accept it as a friendship ring, I was really appreciative for all the things she did for me. But was friendship the only thing I had in mind when I bought the rings? Did I really buy those rings as friendship rings, or did I still have feelings for her. Did it matter anyways; she will she never look at me as a man ever again if I dated her best friend. Was that what was holding me back; either I take one or the other, but I will never be able to have both. What to do…

Jiyeon's P.O.V

It was 6:30, and I needed to be at IU’s house by 7 to help her finish setting up. The plan for Kikwang was for me to distract Yoseob on the dance floor as Kikwang grabbed IU’s hand and took her to the balcony where he would give her the couple rings and they would live happily ever after. Not only was this going to be extremely awkward for me, but extremely heartbreaking for Yoseob. He didn’t know what I knew, he wasn’t prepared for the heartbreak. I would have to be his shoulder for him to cry on tonight…great, IU get’s my prince charming, and I get stuck with the depressed date. How could my life get any better?

As I arrived, I felt like I should turn around and just let Kikwang do everything by himself, maybe I should just give him the rings and run? But it was my best friends birthday, so I had to be there no matter what. I gave her a hug and her present.

“I’m so happy you’re here! Why haven’t you answered any of my texts today?!?! I really needed you! it’s about Kikwang and Yoseob.”

I tried my best to avoid this conversation “you know, I’m really thirsty, where’s the water?”

“over there, come back quick! We need to talk!!”

“mhmm…” thankfully I saw Wooyoung enter the party and I quickly ran to him. I needed to stall somehow, and Kikwang still hadn’t arrived yet, Wooyoung was the only person I could turn to.

“Yah, why didn’t you answer my text?” he said. He tried to act angry, but his face was to cute to take seriously.

“mianeh… does your offer to dance still stand?” I smiled.

“hey, I’m not a toy. You can’t play with me as you please…but you are probably one of the prettiest girls I have ever met, and losing this opportunity would mean a lifetime of regret…so….It would be my honor!” he bowed and offered for my hand. I loved this, I wish boys could take a few lessons from him, at least he knew how to treat a lady...was he player by chance?

As we stepped onto the dance floor, I couldn’t help but notice Yoseob glancing over at me from time to time. He was talking to IU and her parents, but his eyes were occasionally wandering towards me. I looked around me, to see if my surroundings had anything to do with his constant glances, but when our eyes met a few times I knew that I wasn't over-exagerting, he was definitely looking at me, and me alone.

“you look beautiful tonight, I forgot to mention” Wooyoung said as he pulled me closer to him. I saw how hesitant he was to get to close; at any moment Kikwang could come and kick his . The song came to an end, and I saw Kikwang enter the party.

“thanks for the dance! I had a lot of fun, how about you save me another one for latter tonight?”

“ I will!” he pulled me close and gave me a hug. Hmmm this was nice, but I needed to keep my head in the game. I pulled away and waved bye. I ran to Kikwang, grabbed his arm and pulled him to the kitchen.

“why are you so late? Tesso, forget about it! Here are the rings. The plan is for me to distract Yoseob, while you grab IU and take her out to the balcony. Everything is prepared, you just have to do your part. Can you handle it? YAH! are you listening to me?” his face was solid, distant, he was not the person I spent hours thinking about.

“Why were you dancing with him? Did he take advantage of you? do I need to talk to him?” He said with a sharp tone...was he jealous?

“that’s not important right now! You can play big brother when tonight is over, but for now focus on IU please. Don’t screw this up, this is every girls dream confession! I have to go and begin the plan, once I’ve distracted Yoseob, go for it okay? Bye!”

he stood there, dumbstruck. I wondered if this really was what he wanted?

 

IU and Yoseob were dancing when I approached them. I asked IU if I could dance with Yoseob. She knew I had a little bit of interest in him, but I guess she didn’t see me as a threat. I sealed the deal with a little aegyo here and there and I finally got her approval. I asked her to get my phone out of my purse as Yoseob and I danced. She agreed, and there she went, she would come back the girlfriend to my Kikwang..if I even have the right to call him mine… will I be able to handle it? I forgot Yoseob was there. Just my luck, as we were about to dance, the DJ switched the song to a slow song.

“I’m sorry for today” he said.

“it’s okay. It would be a lie if I said I wasn’t tired of guys asking me for dating advice for my best friend. You know it’s funny, it seems like every guy I’ve ever liked has always preferred her over me.”

aish!!! Why did I just say that? What was I thinking? Stupid slow songs, the close proximity was making me nervous and who knows what else could slip!

“What do you mean EVERY guy?!”

“ha.ha. just..forget about it! it’s not important. So do you think you are going to…”

“I know what you are doing, don’t try to change the subject. Tell me what do you mean by every guy who’s liked her? Past and…current?”

“let’s just drop it.” I said, more liked begged.

“so there’s something to drop.” He said with a smirk, but maintained his confused facial expression.

“what’s in the past is in the past, I can’t change anyone’s mind. If they choose to like her, then I have to accept their decisions and just help them out I guess. What else am I supposed to do? Fight for their attention? I hate girls like that, I’d rather give up.”

“you would rather give up on love than fight for it? wow, that’s a sickness truly!” could he be right? Was that really wrong up to a point that it could potentianlly hurt me in the end?

“hey, I bet you’ve never had your heart broken before; whereas I have had it broken 2 times in the past 6 months. All because of my best friend. I would rather suffer however, than loose my friendship with her.”

“you know if you live like this, you’re going to die alone.”

“well at least I know she will be happy!”

“don’t you think you deserve to be happy?”

“if my friends are happy then I’m content.”

“Aish you make me crazy!” he pulled me closer towards his toned chest. His masculinity and handsomeness was impeccably displayed in his suit. Being closer to him made my heart race..why did he have to be so attractive?

“ehh?” I was shocked. What was he doing? And why was he doing it now, of all times?

 

 “Why can’t you admit that you like me? I like you. and see, I’m not afraid to take a chance.”

I stopped moving. It seems like the music stopped as well. Everyone was gone. It was just the two of us. Was he tricking me? should I laugh his confession off? Wait, why was he here with my best friend then?

“ are you serious? What about earlier today? Not to mention the fact that you are here with my best friend… this doesn’t make any sense.”

“How can anyone’s actions make sense when they are in love? So what do you think, will you accept me?”

“I…I have to go.” I began to ran, I didn’t know where I was going, the previous event kept on playing over and over again in my mind. He was following me, I knew it. I reached a door that I thought would lead me to the garden, but I was wrong.

By opening the door, I broke my heart. Not only did the door lead me to the balcony, but I made it right in time for the : the kiss. I began to fall, but Yoseob caught me, and pushed me up against his chest.

“I know you love him, but if you give me a chance I will catch you whenever you fall; I will never love anyone but you; and I will always be here.” He whispered these words into my ear. For the first time I felt comfort in a mans arms who wasn’t Kikwang. I felt safe, loved, and appreciated; I was greedy and stood there for more than I should have. But he didn’t mind. As I was finally gaining the strength to pull myself together and answer his confession, the door opened.

 

 

Hello my subscribers! Here is another update! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Right now I am working on the banner, so please stay tuned, and I encourage all of you silent readers to press the subscribe button and continue reading "Time."

Also, please comment! It puts a smile on my face when I see my readers shipping certain couples, or just telling me to update soon! Hehe! I might surprise you with another update tonight, but for now, I hope you enjoyed the third chapter to “Time!”

Peace, love, and bubblegum Chingus!

<3 Cutiepatootie