I Can't Let You Go

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

He pinned me against the lockers with such a strong force, that my back began to hurt.

“ahhh appa.” He blocked me with his hand next to my head.  It made such a loud noise that I screamed. There was an awkward silence, there was nothing to do but stare at each other. I finally broke contact, and he finally started speaking.

“Is it true?” I knew what he was talking about., but I didn’t want to talk to him about it.

“It’s none of your business. Move, I need to get to class.” He slammed the lockers again.

“Damnit Jiyeon. Just answer me.” Why was he being so demanding? He still wasn't fully recovered, he coul

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Please, just let me go to class.” I continued to push him, but he didn’t budge.

“DID YOU REALLY SLEEP WITH YOSEOB?” why was he shouting. It’s not like no one could hear him.

“Let’s not do this here Kikwang. Actually, let’s not do this at all. Let me leave. I told you, I just want you to forget me.” I couldn’t say those words and look into his eyes at the same time. I had to stare at the ground, and pray that my tears wouldn’t come down my face. He took his other hand, and raised my chin. I was now looking right at him, my heart felt like it would explode…keep calm Jiyeon, don’t let him have this control over you, you need to stay strong.

“How do you expect me to forget you Jiyeon? Can you answer that? do you want me to pretend like the past 15 years never happened? You’re the closest thing I have in this world, and you want me to give that up because we can’t seem to settle our feelings for each other?”

“Just. Please don’t say another word, and let me go easily. It’s not like this isn’t killing me Kikwang.”

“Why are you shutting me out? First I’m not worthy enough for your love, now I’m not even worth your friendship? Just tell me if the rumors are true.”

“YES, THEY’RE TRUE! ARE YOU HAPPY I’M A ? ARE YOU PROUD OF YOURSELF? There you go, now that I’m a , you won’t want me. Just let me walk away with the little pride I have left.” His grip on the lockers slowly eased, and I was now able to leave. But before I could make one step, he pulled my arm, and I felt my head resting on his sculpted chest.

“I’m not letting you go. Not if you’re a , , or with my best friend. I’m not letting my first love go without a fight. I know you; I know when you’re lying to me. I know you didn’t do anything with Yoseob, I know you love him, but I know you love me too. “

“Kikwang…let go. Before someone sees us.” I didn’t mean those words either. I wanted to stay in his embrace for as long as I could. But I was being selfish, what about IU, she deserved better.

“Jiyeon, You are my virus. 
When I look at you my heart hurts.
 But still I want you, even if I’m in pain after pain. Even if I might lose everything, I don’t want anyone but you. It’s only been you Jiyeon. I’m sorry it took me so long to realize it. the reason I’ve been so jealous over any guy who comes near you, the reason why I can’t let you go anywhere without me, it’s all because I can’t and won’t lose you.” I was still in his embrace. Why did his words make my heart hurt so bad. For once, everything he said was sincere, and I was proud of him for finally finding it in himself to do something like this.

Kikwang…what do you want me to do? You’ve left me with no choice. If I continue loving you, I look like a horrible friend and I will ruin anything I had with Yoseob. But your presence is enough to make me forget about them. For once, can’t I be selfish.

“Kikwang. For now, I need to figure out where my heart and head stand. I can’t just put one over the other. Please, give me time to think about us. But, you have to promise me something first.”

“What’s that?”

“Love IU. Be with her, and only her. Don’t waste your time on me when I don’t even know what the future may hold. Be by IU’s side, and no matter if it hurts me, display your affection for her whenever you can. And if you see me sad, depressed, teary eyed, or fragile, leave me the way I am. Don’t come looking for me to take care of me. Promise me that you won’t give me the time of day? Only when you promise will I consider the idea of us ever-exchanging feelings for each other. Starting from now...” I was quickly cut off.

“I don’t love her though. She knows that. Isn’t lying to her worse then telling her the truth? Wouldn’t the pain be less? Why are you so concerned with everyone else? Why don’t you want to be happy? I can make you happy. I can love you with everything I’ve got. I will never let you go. “

“I know you Kikwang. You can make that promise now, but when the next IU or Yoona comes along, you’ll go running to them. I’m not someone who you can play with. Our friendship is worth a lot more to me than a relationship. If our love can never be expressed as lovers, then I want to maintain that strong friendship we have. I can’t just let my heart make all my decisions. If that were the case, then I would I have done this a long time ago…” I put my arms around his neck and kissed his lips. Just as I remembered, the warmth of his lips felt comfortable, and fireworks were shooting through my mind.

I don’t know what has gotten over me. kissing him just felt right. I needed him more than he knew, and everything he said was true. But I still had a promise to keep with IU, and not to mention the words I said to Yoseob…why was I making myself go crazy? Why was love so hard? By the end of senior year I will be placed in an asylum for all the crazy I’ve done this year. Oh, right Jiyeon. A confused Kikwang is standing in front of you…time to explain yourself.

“ummm… that was…nice.” He finally smiled. His smile was worth giving up for.

“Remember that kiss okay? Wait for me for a little bit. One day, I will come back to you. I don’t know when that will be, and I can’t guarantee that you will still be single, but I will come back because, you too, are my first love.” I gave him one last hug, and walked away. Thank god no one was around to see that, if they did, then the rumors would be getting a lot worse.

 

Yoseob’s P.O.V

I heard that Yoona and her dumb friends were harassing Jiyeon. I couldn’t just sit in class while she was getting beaten up, especially because it was mostly my and Kikwang’s fault. I raced over to her classroom, but her classmates said that her and Kikwang left already…Kikwang? He wouldn’t do anything to her, would he?

I ran through the halls, looking for them everywhere, but I didn’t see them. Where did he take her? When I was about to give up, I saw two familiar figures in each other’s embrace. A sharp pain came through my chest...were they kissing? I saw her give him a hug and slowly break away. She was heading my way, and I didn’t want her to think I was spying on them. I quickly hid my body against the lockers as she just walked straight ahead. What were they now? Was everything she told me last night a lie? Why was she doing this to me? I know I gave her freedom to make her own decisions, and that I would respect them, but for some reason, I didn't want her to go back to Kikwang.

I couldn’t hold my anger in anymore, and once I heard the door to her classroom close, I walked towards Kikwang…Our war is just beginning.


Hi everyone! Here is another update! I hope you are not getting bored with the story, because I promise you it is going to get better! Please anticipate it ^.^