2-Minutes?

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

BUZZ BUZZ

‘Aish what’s that annoying sound? Is this apart of my dream?’ I was hesitant to open eyes. If It was a part of my dream, then I would be ruining my sleep for something as stupid as a false alarm. I was too comfortable to even think about opening my eyes. Somehow, I wasn’t cold anymore… ‘Did Kikwang fix the heater while I was asleep?’

BUZZ BUZZ

Okay so the noise is definitely not a part of dream.

“What is that sound?” I said as I attempted to wake up. With my eyes closed, I struggled to get up, but I was trapped.

“What the.” I managed to say as my eyes were beginning to open up.

I wish I hadn’t opened my eyes, because if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t be feeling like this. My heart wouldn’t be beating like this. I found what had been keeping me trapped: 1. Kikwang’s jacket (which was wrapped around the both of us). 2. Kikwang’s hold on my body. As his body was pushed up against mine, I was forcing breaths out, because my mind had shut off by itself.

BUZZ BUZZ

I was in a trance. As I saw him lying there, wrapped around me, I didn’t have the reflex to scream. Rather, I pretended that I hadn’t seen what I had. I curled up next to him, and lay there, in his arms. I didn’t know what kind of affect he had on my life until he was out of it, now that he was here, next to me, I wanted to be selfish and not let him go. Was I no better than him now? I still hadn’t settled my feelings for Yoseob, but here I am, in Kikwang’s embrace, and I was enjoying it.

BUZZ BUZZ

‘Please don’t wake up now. I want to stay like this for a little bit longer.’

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

 

I wasn’t sure if it was the excessive beeping or the sudden weight on my chest that woke me up, but when I opened my eyes I saw that Jiyeon was wrapped around me.

‘Was she still sleeping? Aish if she woke up and saw this, she would blame it all on me and we wouldn’t be able to be friends…’ as I tried to move her I heard another beeping sound. Where was that coming from? It felt like I was forgetting something…

… What was it?

..

“! The Hotel!” I quickly lifted Jiyeon and placed her head on her pillow and ran to my phone.

8:45am

We had 10 minutes to get to the hotel and pretend like nothing happened. I glanced over at Jiyeon, she looked so peaceful. I didn’t want to wake her up. I quickly put out the fire and wrapped up the blankets and pillows whilst leaving my jacket around Jiyeon. I turned all the lights off, and checked the clock again.

8:52am

There was no way I could wake Jiyeon up in one minute, every second counts. I bent down and picked her up and placed her on my back.

“Aish, when did you get so heavy?!” I said as I made my way to the door. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in the back of my leg, like someone had kicked me.

“OUCH! Are you awake?” I looked behind me to see a peaceful Jiyeon…’weird.’

If I wasn’t so determined to get to the hotel as soon as possible, I probably would have over thought the idea of having Jiyeon on my back. But that was the last thing on my mind. If Jiyeon and I had been caught by either one of the teachers, there was no way we would be able to graduate. Graduating would be Jiyeon's only escape from this cruel High School experience, she had to graduate, even if I got in trouble, Jiyeon had to stay safe.

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

Did he call me fat? Ohhh payback is a b***h! I lifted my foot and gave a good kick to the back of his leg. He almost fell on the ground, in which case, I too would’ve fallen, so I hadn’t really planned this out very well. But luckily, he had some strong stamina that made him catch himself. As he ran back to the hotel with me on his back, I wondered what made him so determined to get back on time. The old Kikwang wouldn’t have cared if we got caught, actually he would probably boost the fact that he was out with a girl all night (and of course would’ve left my name out of it.) But this Kikwang was racing, panting along the way, for something that would seem unimportant. I was impressed…had the time we had spent apart really have that big of an impact on him?

There was no time to go into a deep conversation with myself on the topic of Kikwang’s changed personality. I needed to wake up, or at least fake wake up.

“aaahhhh” I let out a fake yawn as we were half way to the hotel.

“Oh, you’re up?”

“Yah, you can put me down. I know I must be heavy.” He better not say yes if he wanted to live!

“No! You’re light as a feather.”

“liar…” I said under my breath.

“Did you say something?”

“oh, nothing. Come on, let’s go.” I grabbed a hold of his hand and continued to run towards the hotel.

As we got closer, we could see everyone gathered outside with their suitcases, as the teachers were getting ready to take role.

“, I forgot about our luggage…what are we going to do? We’re going to be late for role call anyways….” I let out as we were observing everyone through the hotels garden.

“Come on.” He grabbed my hand and we headed towards the back entrance of the hotel. We almost made it to the elevator until we saw Miss Park. Kikwang thought on his feet and pulled me into an abandoned room, pushing me against the wall whilst his body was hovering mine. I could feel his hot breath on my lips, and it felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. At that moment I really didn’t want to be ‘just friends.’

“I don’t think she saw us.” He let out as he began to pull away. It took me a while to break through from the trance he had put me in.

“Oh. Oh. Good thinking!” I fumbled with my words. My face felt red. This was definitely hell!

“Are you okay?” he looked concerned. Could he tell I was blushing?!?!?

“Yah. I’m fine? Why wouldn’t I be?” Act cool Jiyeon, act cool!

“You’re all red…you’re not blushing, are you?”

‘.’

“NO!”

“oh really?” he began moving closer, putting me back in the position we had been in before. But this time, he leaned in. My face was on fire.

‘aish, why!!!!’

“HAHA! Oh my god! You’re totally blushing! Well who could blame you, if I was you I’d be dead by now!” There he goes again, opening his mouth and ruining the moment.

“You’re full of it! I’m just red because of the adrenaline rush! ”

“you know you love it when I get this close.”

“Oh, mhmmm, yah, sure.”

“Okay okay! Let’s get out of here, we need to get up to our room and grab our stuff.”

“There is no way the two of us can go up to the room together. We will definitely get caught. How about this, you go up and clean out the drawers and just throw the clothes into the suitcases, and I’ll distract Miss Park? It doesn’t matter whose suitcase things go into, we can just sort it out when we get back to Seoul.”

“Okay sounds good.”

“Alright! Now stop blocking the door! You’re going to have to move so I can leave.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to make you hot again?”

“I’M NOT HOT FOR YOU, NOW MOVE BASTARD!” I said as I pushed him with all my force.

By yelling it out, was I trying to convince myself that I wasn’t attracted to him....?

‘”hahaha okay! Calm down. It’s just a joke! You know, friend-to-friend jokes are meant to be laughed at! Don’t take things so seriously.”

That was right, we were friends. I had to deal with his erted, pig style jokes again…something I didn’t miss when we weren’t talking.

“OH! Don’t forget the stuff in the bathroom like my flat iron and makeup, arrasso?”

“How could I forget your face? I mean without that stuff, you would look like a witch everyday!”

“What are you talking about? I’m a natural beauty. The makeup just helps extenuate my natural beauty.”

“HAHAHAH Natural beauty? Are you joking with me right now?”

I kicked him hard in the knee.

“OWWW!!! Okay okay natural beauty. I won’t forget. Now go before we’re both in trouble!”

“Be quick.”

“Do I need to remind you of my nickname? Done in 2-minutes Kikwang…I can do a lot in 2 minutes.” He let out a smirk and raised his eyebrows.

‘Pig’

“You’re gross.” I said as I walked past him.

“And you love it!” did i? I definitely missed him, just not his nasty jokes.. ‘was his nickname a joke, though?’

“I’m leaving!” I said as I pushed the door open.

“See you soon!” he waved as the door shut behind me.

as I leaned against the wall, some 10 feet away from where I just was, far from anyone’s sight, I put my hand to my chest…why was I feeling dizzy all of a sudden…

‘hmmm 2 minute Kikwang? How many girls has he been with?’

I was now walking to where the groups of high school seniors were.

“Okay everyone settle down. It’s time to take roll. As usual we will start with the lowest ranking students and work our way up to our class president, Miss Park Jiyeon.

“HERE!” I yelled. Everyone broke out in laughter.

“Sid I do something funny?” I said in a whisper.

“That’s great, but wait until you’re called.”

“Ahh. Deh!”

I turned to my right and saw Wooyoung. I quickly ran to him.

“Hey you made it back in time. Where’s Kikwang?” Wooyoung said, as he attempted to lock eyes with mine, but I was too focused on Miss Park to pay any attention.

“He’s getting our luggage. What have we missed?” I finally was able to make eye contact with him. Why did he look so sad?

“You guys missed out on a lot last night…have you talked to Yoseob since yesterday?”

With everything that had happened with Kikwang, I had forgotten about Yoseob…was he really engaged to Suzy? Were they really getting married? Was he planning on keeping it a secret from me until the papers were signed?

“No. I haven’t talked to him.” I turned my attention back at Miss Park.

“Do you plan to?” His question took me by surprise.

‘I don’t know, do you Jiyeon?’

“I--I don’t know yet.”

“Will you just hear him out?” Was he really taking Yoseob’s side in all of this? Wasn’t he also my friend?

“What can he tell me that Suzy hasn’t? Aren’t you a little bit pissed off at him for doing this to me? How can you only think of Yoseob?”

“Listen, I’m not taking sides here, but the only reason I am saying anything is because I know how he feels about you. There’s got to be a good explanation for his behavior. I just don’t think you should shut him out before you let him explain what’s going on.”

Miss Park broke his sentence.

“Jang Wooyoung.” She yelled through the megaphone.

“Here.”

He had a point, there had to be a reason for Yoseob’s behavior. But he promised no more lies, and I asked him point blank, what his relationship with Suzy was, and he just let the part of him being engaged to her slip his memory.

“I didn’t know you were so smart, how did you end up near the end of the list.” I tried to change the topic. I knew Wooyoung only meant well, but this only concerned three people: Yoseob, me, and unfortunately, Suzy.

“I’ve been working really hard. It’s going to take more than my dancing for me to succeed at Yonsei University next year!”

“Congrats! When did you get in?”

“Like, a month ago. But things have been really…crazy…to say the least.”

“Well we should celebrate your acceptance…and mine!”

“Yah, Yah we all know you got into Seoul University!”

“You didn’t think I would only get into one school, did you?”

“I didn’t know you applied anywhere else? Where else did you apply?”

“Just a couple schools in California. I got into all of them, and also got a full scholarship to them, so I’m not sure where I will be heading off to next year.” Secretly I wanted to stay in Seoul for the soul purpose of going to school with Kikwang again, but I hadn’t told him about California, and although it seemed like I was dead set on Seoul, the idea of leaving sounded way better than staying and engrossing myself in more drama. I needed a clean state, and college out of Korea sounded refreshing.

“Lee Kikwang?” Miss Park yelled.

‘Where are you Kikwang?!?! It’s almost been 2 minutes… Kikwang, where the hell are you?’

“HERE!!!!” he yelled from across the hotel lobby.

‘wahhh, he really does live up to his name…does that mean it really only takes him two minutes too…’

“Park Jiyeon”

“deh? Ahhh Here.”

“Okay, it seems like we are all here. Let’s get into our original groups and head home!”

“whewww! That was a close one! Now you see “2-minute Kikwang” isn’t a lie.”

“Let’s just be happy we didn’t get caught! I’m ready to head home and just sleep!”

“That’s what airplanes are for! Want to sit next to each other?”

“Do you think that’s a good idea?”

“I think you need to start living your life, and stop thinking about other people. If you think it’s not a good idea because other people will be talking, then that’s just really stupid. If you want to sit with me, sit with me; but if you don’t, I’m not holding you hostage.”

“Okay. Let’s sit together, like old times!” I let out a laugh and grabbed onto his arm and headed to the bus. As we were getting on, I could see glares, like lasers, shooting at us from every angle. I held onto his arm tighter and made my way to an empty seat. My heart froze as we approached IU, but we continued to walk without acknowledging her. I wanted to tell her that my standing up for her the night before was all from the bottom of my heart, and that I meant every word, but she was still glaring at me, as if I had taken everything she ever wanted and needed away from her. Was Kikwang really THAT important?

The bus ride to the airport was loud, but I tuned out with my music. High School was really getting old.

As we made our way onto the plane, Kikwang and I began looking for our seats together.

“Our seats are here.” He said, as he made his way to the window seat.

“Why do you get the window seat?”

“Because just an hour ago I had to: 1) Carry some heavy girl on my back. 2) Pack up all her clothes and makeup. I even had to go through her undergarment drawer…. wait…that was more of a pleasure than a chore…scratch that. Also when did you start wearing y undergarments, and how come I’ve never seen them?”

“YAH! AND YOU NEVER WILL!!! YOU !” I didn’t realize I had yelled that loud, because everyone was now looking at us. Like we needed any more attention. I began to sink in my seat and cover my head with my pillow pet.

“Hey I’m not a , you asked me to put away your stuff. Unless you wanted to replace every single Bra and underwear you own, then you kind of owe me for having to pack them for you…maybe it’s worth a sneak peek?” He gave out a smirk, but I punched his arm real hard.

“OW!”

“You really want a sneak peek? Consider this as a thank you present. Here” as I was lowering my sleeve, I saw his eyes pop out of their sockets. He quickly grabbed my hand and pulled my sleeve back up, covering up the shoulder that was once there.

“Hah, see even you can’t handle it.” I began laughing uncontrollably! The look on his face was priceless!

“I was just joking. I didn’t know you would do that here?”

“I guess you don’t know me as well as you thought you did.”

“I guess not. Now let me sleep, I’m really tired.” He took his head and leaned on my shoulder.

‘Sweet dreams Kikwang. I hope that when you wake up, everything will be as good as they are now…well everything except for one thing…’


It took a while subbies, but we are finally out of Jeju!!!!YAY!!! keke ^.^

It feels like it's been FOREVER!!!! I wanted to get it all over with in one chapter, so I hope you liked it! There are more suprises to come, so please stay tuned!

 

<3