You Can't Always be Happy

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

Slap

All of a sudden, I felt a large sting on my right cheek. I slowly raised my head to look at my attacker. As my hair slowly made it’s way back to it’s original position, I got a clear sight.

“Goo Hara…why?”

“Why? Why? You have the right to ask me why? How could you do this, to your best friend? How do you have the guts to show up here in front of her?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You and Kikwang deserve each other. Both of you are nothing but scum. Poor Yoseob, he fell in love with a…” she stopped.

“With a what? Huh? What exactly did he fall in love with?”

“Just get lost, and don’t show up in front of us ever again.”

“Let me see IU. I don’t care what you think, I need to see my friend.”

“Do you think IU wants to see the girl who stole her boyfriend?”

“Stole her what?”

“ So you’re going to play like you don’t know anything? How long do we have to deal with this fake Jiyeon? Don’t you know you’ve already shown your true colors?”

“Why is all of this my fault, when I gave up on Kikwang for IU?”

“haha. Did you really give up? Because it doesn’t seem like it, if he’s not willing to chase after IU. I bet this was all a part of your plan, to push IU until she couldn’t take it anymore, and try to do what she did today.”

“What did she do today?”

“Huh, like you don’t really know. You and Kikwang must be extremely pissed your plan didn’t follow through.”

“If I knew what she did, I wouldn’t be asking you.”

““She tried…she--- she let out a couple of tears

“She tried… she tried to commit suicide…ARE YOU HAPPY?”

“No…No she didn’t. You’re lying. Let me see her.”

“I’m not lying.” She wiped the tears off her face.

I was at loss of words. I pushed Goo Hara out of the doorway and made my way to IU’s bed. There she lay, asleep, with puffy cheeks and wet hair. I fell onto my knees.

“See. I told you. Get out before she wakes up.”

“You can’t really think this is all my fault, can you?”

“Goodbye Jiyeon…This is how it has to be, IU won’t want to see you when she wakes up. Please, just leave.”

Tears started to form in my eyes as I tried to get back onto my feet. “Will you tell her…I’m sorry.”

“Bye Jiyeon… oh, also. I want you to stay away from Junhyung from now on. Your friendship with him is over, I don’t want to lose him like IU lost Kikwang.”

“You’re kidding me? I thought we were friends, why are you only looking at IU’s side, and not even trying to understand how I feel?”

“Because IU’s side is the right side. I think it’s best if you just left our circle of friends. When you step out of this room, you step into a world without us. This is what you made of your life, don’t even try to hate anyone of us.”

“I could never hate my friends. It’s too bad you guys don’t feel the same way. I’m leaving.”

As I stepped into the hallway, all of a sudden everything was cold. I clenched my chest; it was as though someone had walked all over me. How could everyone turn on me so easily? It was as though no one even cared to stay by my side.

I made my way to my room, and unlocked the door. I found a half- kikwang lying on the ground. I ran to his side.

“Kikwang, are you alright?” I felt his forhead, he was burning with a fever. I placed his arm onto my shoulder and tried to lift him.

“Aish, why are you so heavy.” I cried as I struggled to get his balance together.

“You---you came for me?” Kikwang let out as I was trying to flop him onto the bed.

“I came because I had nowhere else to go, now help me out a little bit.” He started walking, but kept on tripping. When did my life turn into this? I finally placed him on the bed.

“Now what to do, you had to pass out half ?”

“There’s a shirt on the floor. Hand it to me, I can put it on.”

I grabbed the shirt and threw it to him, but it only fell on his chest. As I saw him try to put it on, I felt bad.

“Here let me help. Put your arms through.” I was touching his muscles…why was my heart beating fast again? I thought this feeling for him was over…?

“How can you help me after everything I’ve put you through?” It’s true. Because of him, I’ve lost my friends, I almost lost Yoseob, and I’ve lost a little bit of myself. Why was I always helping him, when all he’s done for me is hurt me? But it was a no brainer, the question answered itself.

“I can’t watch you suffer.” I said as I motioned him to put his head through the t-shirt hole.

“I’m going to get some medicine.” As I was about to walk away, I felt a familiar grip on my hand

“Don’t leave. Just stay here, next to me, that’s all the medicine I need.” Why were his words make my heart hurt?

‘NO, Jiyeon! He can’t have this affect on you anymore!’

“Kikwang, why are you doing this?”

“The only thing that will make me feel better is knowing you’re sitting here, next to me.”

“No, why are you pretending like your actions won’t hurt anyone? Do you know how hurt IU is? She almost…” I couldn’t tell him, not when he was like this.

“IU?” he managed to cough out.

“Never mind.”

“Can’t you just stay by my side like a friend for tonight?”

“But we’re not—“ I looked at his eyes; he looked like he was in more pain than he was showing.

“Arasso. I’ll stay by your side tonight.” I didn’t really have a choice…he and I are sharing a room anyways.

“Komawo, Jiyeon.”

“Let me go get some water and a towel, don’t move okay? I’ll order you some chicken soup from room service.”

Kikwang’s P.O.V

It felt as though my angel was looking after me again. She had been absent in my life for to long. Why did I let her just leave without putting up a fight. She was worth more than any girlfriend I ever had, but I couldn’t express that to her. Especially since things with Yoseob seemed to be going well…unfortunately…

She came back to the room with water and a towel; with her caring and loving nature, would help even her worst enemies.

knock knock

There was someone at the door. ‘Who could that be? Jiyeon hasn’t ordered room service yet...’ Jiyeon walked to the door and opened it.

“Yoseob.” She said. My heart fell; why did he have to show up every time?

“Are you ready for dinner?” he walked in with a smile on his face. He looked at me and gave me a nod.

‘Can’t you tell I’m sick, stupid! No, she’s not going anywhere with you tonight. She’s staying with me.’ I wanted to say badly

“Actually…I think I’m going to stay in tonight. Kikwang isn’t feeing well and I promised him I would stay by his side, just in case he got worse.”

‘HAH! Take that Yoseob.’

“Do you want to stay in with me and watch a movie? We can order room service?” ‘NO! Jiyeon, WHY?’

“Sure. Why not!” Yoseob said, enthusiastically. Great, just what I wanted; The girl who I couldn’t get off my mind and her boyfriend acting all lovey dovey while I’m sick…

“Actually, you know what, I promised Wooyoung that I would go to this club with him in 30 min. We’ll just eat dinner together tomorrow.” He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the lips.

BARF!

‘Those lips are mine.’ I wanted so much to grab him and punch the smirk off his face.

“Okay, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” Why was she so giddy? It’s not like that’s the first time she’s been kissed; she’s acting like a kid. If only she knew…

Jiyeon finally closed the door on him, and made her way to the bed. She began patting my forehead with a damp towel. Her stare was intoxicating; the way she took care of me so patiently and angelically, made me go crazy.

“So, you and Yoseob…everything good there?”

“mhmmm.” That’s all she could say?

“are you—“ I began before she cut me off.

“Let’s not talk about me and Yoseob. Why don’t I order your dinner and then you can sleep.”

“Jiyeon.”

“What?”

“Do you hate me that much?”

“Kikwang, I waited 15 years for you to just look at me, and you never did. You had 15 years to care about my love life, maybe not even care about my love life, but be in it. However, you chose to care for yourself instead. So instead of me hating you, I think you hate yourself for letting me go.”

she dropped the towel on my face and walked onto the balcony.

‘How much longer am I going to hate myself for hurting you?’

Suzy’s P.O.V

As Goo Hara closed the door on Jiyeon, I knew the coast was clear.  Goo Hara looked like she was on the verge of tears, and not the fake tears she had just shed for IU in front of Jiyeon.

“Good job, you and Junhyung are safe.” I let out a laugh.

“You’re something else. Why are you doing this to Jiyeon? Why did you make me hurt her like that, it’s not like she stole Yoseob away from you. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! CAN’T YOU JUST LET THEM BE?”

“Then that wouldn’t be fun! I’d watch your temper, or else I will go back on my promise. I wonder what the teachers will say when I tell them that the only reason you’re not failing this year is because you have been cheating off of Junhyung?”

“You’re a .”

“Thank you.” I pushed past her and made my way out the door.

“Were are you going?”

“I’m going to the club. If Miss Park comes looking for me, tell her I’m in the bathroom.”

“You’ll never get him back, you know that right? He loves her?”

“Love is weaker than hate. Hate always wins.” I turned my back at her and walked away.

‘You have no friends, a bad reputation; time to go find Yoseob and make him mine again. Park Jiyeon, you don’t deserve to be happy now, or ever.’

 


 

It's been a while my lovely subbies! I've been having internet troubles/writers block >.<

I hope you guys like Chapter 29!

 

I bet most of you were shocked when you saw who slapped her, but now you know the story behind it! keke!

<3