Will You Ever Smile Again?

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

I was beginning to fear that this was the new “normal” running home everyday with tears in my eyes, wishing that everything was some kind of nightmare that I wasn’t waking up from. But even nightmares have a happy ending, so I new this couldn’t be a dream. I guess I could ask myself “why me?” but that would be the 100th time I’ve used those words.

My world was beginning to feel empty, all the happiness that was in my life before, had become the reason for my sadness. What were supposed to be the happiest days of my high school life, are becoming the days that I wish I could erase from my memory. Could college come a little faster? The thought of going on my senior trip the day after tomorrow seemed unrealistic, and truthfully, it sounded painful. I had to gain all my strength, and fight for myself because there was no one else to fight for me.

I went to bed that night with the mindset that going to school the next day was going to be normal…hopeful the old term for normal…was I too hopeful?

 

The next day

Kikwang’s P.O.V

I sat in homeroom, and waited for her to come.

‘Where was she?’

“I bet Jiyeon’s not coming to school today. With all those rumors going around school, I wouldn’t want to show up if I was her…” one of the annoying girls who sits behind me gossiped to her friend.

“Yah. Will you two shut up?” I didn’t care about my popularity at that point; no one should talk about anyone behind their back, especially if it’s about Jiyeon.

“Mianhae…” the girl let out. ‘Yah that’s right!’ I gave myself a little pat on the back for doing something good.

Suddenly the door opened, and I saw a frazzled Jiyeon walk to her seat. Her eyes were red, and her cheeks looked puffy.

‘Had she been crying all night?’ the question was, was she crying for me or for Yoseob?...THAT’S RIGHT! Yoseob..I still need to give him a piece of my mind.

As I pulled my phone out to send Yoseob a strongly worded text message, asking him to meet me after school, the teacher walked in.

“Good morning class.” Miss Park, our homeroom teacher and Korean teacher greeted us.

“Good Morning Miss Park.” The class said in unison.

“Are all of you seniors ready for the class trip tomorrow to Jeju? The airplane leaves at 8:00am sharp! So don’t be late! As all of you know, we will meet here and then take a bus to the airport. So plan on being here at 7:00! Also, before I forget, we have a new student joining our class today. Please come in.”

I saw a familiar figure walk in. hmmm, her face was so familiar, where have I seen her before?

“Anneyeong everyone. My name is Bae Suzy, please watch over me.” the boys all let out whistles, and the girls whispered about her appearance, but I couldn’t put my finger on where I had seen her.

“Why don’t you take a seat…hmmm…it looks like the only empty seat is next to our class president. Park Jiyeon, will you please raise your hand so Bae Suzy knows where her seat is.”

 I glanced at Jiyeon, normally she loves greeting new students, but this time her expression went from a frown to a shocked face when the teacher had the new girl sit next to her. Does Jiyeon know who she is?

 Hmmm…as I was contemplating where I had seen this girl before, last night popped back into my head.

Flashback

“Yoseob?”

I remember glancing at Yoseob and seeing him with a girl…was that?

End of flashback

“YOU!” I stood up in front of the whole class pointing at Suzy. Aish, Kikwang what are you doing right now? Jiyeon and Suzy both glanced at my direction.

“Yes Mr. lee. Do you have something to add?” Miss Park asked, startled I might add.

“Ahh..Ani. Mianhae for disrupting your lecture.”

“Do you need to go to the nurses office?”

“Ani, I’m fine. Again sorry.” I sat back down, but Suzy was still looking at me.

She was the girl who was with Yoseob last night, and now she’s sitting next to Jiyeon. This must be killing her; I wanted to drag Jiyeon out of the classroom as soon as possible, but I was in no position to interfere…right?

I sent Yoseob a text message to meet me after school on the soccer field at break. I didn’t give Jiyeon up only for him to go and cheat on her.

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

I recognized the new girl as soon as she walked through the door. Who wouldn’t remember the face of the girl who her boyfriend cheated on her with? I was even more shocked when the teacher assigned her to the seat next to me. Was this really happening right now?

“Annyeong, you’re Park Jiyeon right? I’m Bae Suzy.” I didn’t want to make small talk with her. I truly didn’t care about her at all, but being class president, I represented the whole student body, so I had no choice but to be nice and welcoming.

“Annyeong. Yes I am Park Jiyeon, welcome to classroom A-1. I hope we can be friends in the future.” No, I really don’t want to be your friend.. but she stole those words right out of my head…

“Ani, I don’t want to be friends. But I do want to be close with you.”

“Bwoh?” what the hell was she saying? Not my friend, but she wants to be close to me? was this some kind of sick joke?

“Why would I want to be friends with someone who is trying to steal my Yoseob Oppa away from me? That’s just stupid in dumb!” how is she saying all of this with a smile on her face? Who does this chick think she is?

“YOU!” I hear Kikwang yell out. I looked behind me and saw him pointing at Suzy. ‘What’s wrong with him?’ he got scolded by the teacher for disrupting class…what has gotten into him, and everyone else for that matter? Now that the class was back to normal, I wanted to finish what Suzy had started.

“I think there’s a little misunderstanding. You see, I’m not trying to steal anyone. If there’s anyone here trying to steal something that belongs to someone else, it is you.” Suddenly I was overcome with energy and confidence, I liked this feeling and had missed it for some time now.

“We’ll see who’s stealing what from whom!” What was she saying, she doesn’t even make any sense. I decided to leave the conversation at that, and looked back at my textbook. Annoying girls like her weren’t worth my time.

Yoseob’s P.O.V

I wanted school to be over so I could run to Jiyeon and maybe get another chance to talk to her. She might be willing to listen to what I have to say now, after she has had some time to think about last night.

“Yo, dude, apparently there’s this new hot chick in class A-1” I heard Dong Woon say to Hyunseung.

“Ahh really? A senior? Just like us? I wonder why she transferred here, especially at the end of the year.” Senior? Transfer? Who could that be…

“She’s from America, and she already finished high school there, she’s only here to brush up on her Korean and literature. She’s so hot. You’ve got to see her.” They weren’t talking about…

“What’s her name?” Hyunseung asked.

‘Please don’t let it be her…Please don’t let it be her.’ But let’s be realistic Yoseob, how many girls are there who come from America and join THIS high school after they’ve already graduated?

“Ahh her name? B…Bea Suzy I think..”

.

“Let’s go check her out. Her seat is right next to that pretty class president… What’s her name…Park Jiyeon? Yah, I think that’s it… So we can get a good look at both of them. Kaja.” Dong Woon and Hyunseung ran out the classroom.

They were sitting next to each other? What if Suzy messes everything up between Jiyeon and me. This can’t be happening…I had to find someway to explain last night to Jiyeon, I couldn’t let her leave me this fast, especially if the reason is Suzy. Suzy was in no position to interfere with my life, she was the one who walked out of it willingly, she just can’t invite herself back in.

Should I text Jiyeon? She probably wouldn’t answer she’s pretty good about following school rules… Should I stop by her room at break? Would that be too late? As I was thinking to myself I got a text from Kikwang.

“Hey Cheater-We need to talk. Meet me at break on the soccer field. Also, you should know your has been running to Jiyeon all morning long…Who is she? And why is she here? You made this mess, now you need to clean it up before Jiyeon gets hurt anymore than she already has been.”

What was Suzy saying to Jiyeon? I didn’t have time to think about what was right or wrong anymore, I just ran for classroom A-1.

I opened the door and they were already in lecture. Kikwang looked at me, but I was only looking for one person, and one person only, Jiyeon.

I saw her. She was so frail and red. I walked over to their desk.

“Oppa Annyeong! Did you miss me?” Suzy said as she stood up and walked towards me. I didn’t acknowledge her and only saw Jiyeon’s puffy face starring at me. I grabbed Jiyeon’s hand and took her with me. But before we even got out of the classroom she escaped my grasp.

“Yoseob. Please go back to class. I don’t want to go anywhere with you right now.”

“Can’t you just talk to me Jiyeon? Please.” I was begging her at this point.

“I’m done talking for the time being…” she was so cold, I had never seen this side of her before.

I could only hear the laughter of the whole class. Why did I create such a big scene? Yoseob you idiot.

“You heard her, Mr. Yang. Please yourself out of my classroom, and into the principles office.” Miss Park said.

“ahhh. Dehh.” I bowed to Miss Park. I don’t know what had come over me. i looked at Jiyeon again and she had engrossed herself into her Korean text book and completely forgot I was there. Was this what public humiliation felt like?

“Jiyeon will you ever smile again?” I spoke to her. She glanced up, and then looked back at her textbook.

I could still her laughs and people mocking me as I exited the classroom. As I walked to the principles office, I punched the locker next to me.

‘Yoseob, what are you doing to yourself? And what have you done to her?’

 


YAY! No more writers block! I was scared for a while, I thought I was going to dissapoint my readers! Anyways, anticipate the next chapter! I promise it's going to be a lot better ^^