Anyone listening?

Time

 

 

I need you baby, baby, baby

Annyeongiran mareun hajimara

I want you Babe Babe Babe

Wae iri sarangi himdeungeonji

Neo jebal

 

Jiyeons P.O.V

As I was walking out of the gym, I received a text from an interesting person…

“I know Kikwang wanted me to stay away from you, but I just wanted you to save a dance for me tonight ;) is that too much to ask as a friend?” the text read.

My heart skipped a beat, but I wished the text came from someone else. I wasn’t sure where my feelings stood anymore. Other than kikwang, the only other boys I have shown interest towards have been Wooyoung and Yoseob. Wooyoung has been nothing but a gentlemen since I have met him, but Kikwang refuses to let me date him because apparently he knows the “real” wooyoung… And Yoseob is interesting. Different I guess, but It doesn’t matter since he was also in love with my best friend…

For the first time though, It was nice to know that I could like someone other than Kikwang. I understood why both of them kept their distance, had they not, Kikwang would have already beaten them up…he needs to work on his overprotective characteristic. I had no choice but to turn my feelings towards them into friendship. That didn’t bother me with Wooyoung, but for some reason, I couldn’t forget Yoseob. I didn’t have deep feelings for him, but I was curious. Even after I heard Yoseob was in love with IU, people told me he liked me, they told me we were good for each other and that he was determined to ask me out. But, how come I always come in second when it comes to her? It hurts. No matter who it is, IU manages to receive love from all ends of the earth, was it so difficult for me to once, experience that love that she has received numerous times?

 Be that as it may, I wasn’t going to let my feelings ruin what could be the best day of her life. Tonight I had to but everything aside, I needed to distract Yoseob in order for Kikwang to make his move, if Yoseob noticed me before, he will definitely notice me more tonight, and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

As I walked through the streets, I thought about what kind of present I would want to receive from Kikwang. I had a sudden flashback of me and him walking the street not to long ago, and stopping at a jewelry store that had the prettiest couple rings. I expressed to him how much I wanted to be in a relationship and for someone to buy me a ring like the one I saw on display. He only laughed it off and dragged me into the arcade. Had I had known then that I would be walking into the same store to buy Kikwang and his crush their own pair of couple rings, I wouldn’t have acted so desperate in front of him. Did he really not get any of my hints? Or the numerous times I had attempted to flirt with him? Or how about spending every waking moment I could with him…did he really never notice me, or did he just not acknowledge the fact that I am a girl. I walked into the store with an unclear mind and a broken heart.

 

 “Excuse me?” I approached the salesperson behind the counter. “I was wondering if you still had the couple rings that were on display last week?”

“I’m sorry, someone just came and bought them from us, not to long ago actually, maybe an hour ago? Anyways those were one of a kind rings, but if you’re still interested, there are tons of other rings to choose from.” She led me to a display that had an array of couple rings. I pointed to a random pair and asked her to wrap them up. It felt wrong. I didn’t want to be at the jewelry store, I wanted to be anywhere but there. Wasn’t this something that they should be doing together? I must be insane to be encouraging their relationship, but what else can I do?

“ I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy these rings! Congratulations!”

“ahh..deh. thank you..” what could I say “oh this isn’t for me, but for the boy I love and his new soon to be girlfriend who happens to be my best friend….do you guys have gift receipts??” I underestimated the amount of pride I had, I thought I could really do this, but maybe I’m not that strong.  I walked out of the store with the little pride I had left.

I walked through the streets, but I wasn’t truly myself. Images of Kikwang and IU together made me cringe and teary eyed. I wasn’t okay, how could I be okay. His eyes only looking at her, could I handle the site of them? I couldn’t afford loosing them, but I didn’t want to hurt my heart more than I already did. I have to do, what I have to do, I have to let go of him, without a fight. It was clear, he was no longer mine, he was no longer an option. As I was about to fall on my knees, I bumped into someone.

“are you okay? Are you hurt, why are you crying…wait…Jiyeon?”  Yoseob said as he brought me back to my feet.

“oh. I’m sorry, I should really watch where I’m going! I’m sorry for inconveniencing you. thanks for helping.” I tried to run, but he caught my wrist.

“you’re not okay. Come on, let’s go get some coffee, my treat.” His smile was innocent and inviting. I smiled but I really didn’t want to accept, I wanted to go home and cry into my pillow, but he wasn’t going to let me go. I nodded, and he led the way.

We got to the coffee shop, yet the atmosphere was so awkward that I just wanted to bury my face in my hands, and wish that spontaneously my magic powers would appear and I could get myself out of the worst situation ever… my mind kept on planning escape routes when …

“you know who’s in her heart right?” he broke the silence. I placed my coffee on the table and let out a huge sigh. I know who he was talking about. IU of course, had she not been the topic for discussion of the day, I probably could have given Yoseob a better answer, but I was getting annoyed.

“ I wish I did. But I’m not her, she’s the only one who can know the answer to that question. If that’s all, I have to get going. Thank you for helping me, and for the coffee.” I grabbed my bag, and walked towards the exit. I paused at the door, and really wanted to look behind me. Was he looking towards my direction or did he not even care about me? Did anyone care? I didn’t look back though, I gathered all the strength I had left and kept moving. I pushed the door open and kept walking. As I opened the door a huge gust of wind came in and blocked all the sound coming from inside the café.

“please…don’t leave…” he said. but the words were lost in the sound of the wind. If only I had heard them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wahhh...two updates in one night! YES! i'm keeping my promise! Thanks for reading, and I hope all of you silent readers click the subscribe button!