If This is a Dream I Don't Want To Wake Up.

Time

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

I walked back to school with my head hung low. Between this morning sudden kiss with Jiyeon, to Yoseob’s begging me to let her go, I just became lost. I had to come to terms with reality, and that is that I really had to let go of Jiyeon for her to be happy. Although that is the right thing to do, why am I so hesitant to do it? Couldn’t I just hold onto her for now, and not let her go? Why did it have to be like this? Why was this killing me…I really can’t do this. I reached for my phone and searched for Jiyeon’s number.

“Hey, Want to hang out after school? Actually it’s not a question, it’s an order. Meet me outside by the gates when you’re done cleaning. I’ll wait for you.”  Did that sound harsh enough? Was I starting out on the wrong foot?

I finally reached the school gates, and realized that school was already over. I waited outside for Jiyeon. I saw her, her smiling face and bubbly personality brightening up IU and Wooyoung’s day…this made it that much harder to let go, don’t smile like that Jiyeon, please…. I reached into my pocket and felt the jewelry box ‘Jiyeon, with this ring, you’ll always be close to me, even when we are apart.’

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

‘Aish, where is that Pabo? He said he would pick me up when I was done cleaning, but he’s not even here.’ I had to admit, I was really confused about his text. It had a mixed tone, and I wasn’t sure how I should read into it. Was this considered our first date? JIYEON HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT WHEN YOU ARE WITH YOSEOB!!! PABO!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit myself in the head…he probably just wants to hang out like old times. Aish kikwang ppali! What’s taking you so long? I saw IU and Wooyoung talking on the lawn, so I decided to join them. We were talking about the senior trip to Jeju Island and how it was only a week away. I was so excited; the last time I was at Jeju was when I first tried to confess to Kikwang…hahaha that ended up being a disaster… So much has changed since then, I don’t feel like that Jiyeon anymore, I feel different. I focused my attention back to IU and Wooyoung.

“ughhh what if they put me in a room with Yoona? That will be so awkward! I have to room with Jiyeon, I just have to!!!” IU said. I laughed, of course we were going to room together, I was in charge of the room arrangements anyways ;) I couldn’t help but feel like someone was staring at me. A stalker? I looked behind me, and saw Kikwang waiting for me at the gate. I tried to leave IU and Wooyoung quietly so IU didn’t notice I was going off with her boyfriend, so I sent a text message to Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung, I need to hang out with Kikwang for a little bit this afternoon. Do you think you can keep IU preoccupied? Please oppa?!?! SARANGHE! Keke ^^” I looked at him as he read the text.

“Of course my little Jiyeonie!!! Just…please be careful with him, I don’t want you or IU to get hurt. You leave first, I’ll keep her distracted.” Wooyoung gave me a smile.

I waited for a second, so IU didn’t suspect that Wooyoung and I were texting each other.

“Okay, I’ll leave first everyone! Have a nice day!” I bowed to them.

“Oh, Jiyeon you’re leaving? Wooyoung wanted to watch a movie, and I was going to invite you, Yoseob and Kikwang?”

“Ani, you two go, I think Kikwang went to go pick up Sohyun, and Yoseob is busy recording his song, and i…i…I have to walk my dog…okay bye!” I ran away towards the gates. WALK YOUR DOG JIYEON! YOU DON’T HAVE A FREAKING DOG!!!! Was that the best I could come up with? I hated lying to her, her clueless face made me like this.

“ohhh annyeong!...wait, she doesn’t have a dog? Does she?” a confused IU said to an equally confused Wooyoung.

“Oh yeah, she got it, yesterday! Let’s go!” Wooyoung said to her, and they walked the opposite direction. Thank you Wooyoung!

 

“YAH! PABO! WHY ARE YOU SO LATE! I’ve been waiting forever! And why didn’t you come back to class?”

“Mianhae. Don’t worry about it, let’s go.” he grabbed my hand and led me to his car.

“Where are we going? To what do I owe this pleasure of being graced with your presence?” WHAT WAS I SAYING??? Now I’m really not making any sense.

“Pogo shipo seo…” he said

“ehhh?” I gave a shocked face.

“Is that what you wanted to hear?” he let out a chuckle.

“Hack! I could slap you right now!” that playboy.

“just get into the car, or else you won’t get any surprises today!” I loved it when he played with me. it reminded me of when we were young. I missed his childish ways sometimes.

“Okay I’ll shut up! Just don’t take my surprise away from me!!!”

“Arrasso, now buckle up!”

“Arasso!” I stuck my tongue out at him and buckled the seat belt. I wonder where he was taking me? hmmmm…There were so many questions I had for him, but right now wasn’t the time for them. I’ll just enjoy the ride to wherever.

“Kikwang, this isn’t like those scary movies where the best friend turns out to be a serial killer and dumps my body into the Han River…right?”

“This is exactly like one of those movies….”

“BOH?”

“And you call me stupid. Just shut up and enjoy the ride.”

He turned the radio on, and f(x)’s Beautiful Stranger came on.

Beautiful Stranger, I’ve fallen into your big eyes


To the mysterious feeling, the language, I open my heart

Beautiful stranger, people say that you’re dangerous

They don’t try to see the you that I see, no.

 

This was the story of my life. People didn’t see the Kikwang I saw, they were to quick to judge him. Even if, one day, I’m not by his side protecting him, I’ll always remember the Kikwang I loved and the one who was always there for me.

“Yah, what are you day dreaming about now?” he broke my train of thought.

“Nothing, just thinking about where you’re taking me! can you tell me now please?????” I pouted my lips and gave him my puppy dog eyes.

“nope, we’re almost there anyways! Just be patient!”

Kikwang’s P.O.V

Jiyeon, for today I want to pretend we are a couple and do things that you’ve always wanted to do with a boyfriend. Please cherish the memories we are going to make today, and don’t shed tears when I break your heart.

“We’re here! Kaja Jiyeon” I didn’t notice that she had fallen asleep. She looked like a fallen angel. Everything from her head to her feet were perfect, especially her irresistible lips. Her bangs were covering her beautiful face, so I pushed them back. I began her cheeks. ‘What was coming over me?’ I began to lean closer to her, closer to her lips… I almost placed a kiss on her when she opened her eyes. I was taken a back…what do I tell her? I stayed there quiet. I expected her to stand up and kick the crap out of me, but she didn’t. She closed her eyes like nothing happened. Did she want me to kiss her? I reached for her chin, and held It up, as I guided my lips towards hers…they were almost there...When...

BEEP BEEP.

! My damn phone! Just my luck. Why must you go off now? I sat back down in my seat, and she rubbed her eyes.

“ahhh, I fell asleep..ha..ha.”

“Yah, you did. *cough. Umm we’re here!”

“LOTTE WORLD?!?!?NO WAY! I’ve been dying to come back here, but school has been so hectic!!! Well what are you waiting for? KAJA!!!!”

I love her enthusiasm. Jiyeon, after today I only hope you hold onto your innocence and continue to act childish whenever you want to.

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

I didn’t notice that I had fallen asleep. Everything has put such a huge strain on my life, that sleep has become difficult. At night, I find myself just thinking about Kikwang, and then Yoseob, and then IU, up to the point where I just can’t sleep anymore. But there was something about being next to Kikwang that brought back that comfort I was used to.

The motion of the car stopped, so I forced myself to open my eyes and see what was going on. I didn’t know I would be seeing Kikwang’s lips so close to mine…was this just a dream? If it was, then I really didn’t want to wake up. I closed my eyes again, and just waited. Waited for the fireworks that I had felt earlier on that day. But, they never came, instead I heard beeps…damnit Kikwang, you’re such a player, you should know better than to take your phone off vibrate when you’re with a girl…