Only One

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

The only place I knew I would feel safe was the one spot where I had the best memories. But why did those memories have to be with Kikwang? There were so many questions left unanswered, I was beginning to fear things wouldn’t be able to go back to normal anymore. As I continued running, all the tears I had shed because of Yoseob had dried up, was this symbolizing our relationship as well? Why didn’t he want to explain anything to me? Was I not worth it, even after all we had been through…why was he so quick to run away?

The sound of the waves were familiar, I was getting closer to my summerhouse. This was the fastest I had ever ran, not only was I out of breath because of the excessive amount of running I had been doing over the past month, but because my heart had become so weak from these stupid boys that even something as little as a run made me out of breath.

I finally saw the patch of grass that looked so familiar; as I walked closer, the memories of me and Kikwang here, together, played in my head. If he had just accepted my confession here, would things be different now? All of a sudden, a different set of tears were coming. Why was I having so many emotional breakdowns? None of these guys felt my pain; I was going through it all alone. As I approached the grass, I looked at my hand, I was still holding onto the song Yoseob had given me.

I glanced at the paper, and the lyrics. Everything was a lie.

“You left me here with your lies and expect me to hold onto this…bastard” I crumpled the paper and threw it towards the ocean. Only to realize that what I had done was stupid. I ran after the flying paper. It was getting closer and closer to the ocean. No matter how fast I ran, I was no match to my competitor, Mother Nature. As soon as the paper touched the water, I felt a sharp pain in my heart.

“Why.Is.This.Happening.To.Me?” I began crying. Everything in my life had gotten so screwed up; I just wanted the pain, the heartache, to go away. I wanted to live a normal high school life while I still could. Instead, I was being played like a puppet, and no one bothered to cut off my strings and let me free. I was being played by everyone: Kikwang, Yoseob, Suzy and IU. When did I get so vulnerable?

Kikwang’s P.O.V

It was dark out. I wondered how she could run so fast when she couldn’t see anything in front of her. If she was going to where I think she’s going, what exactly is she getting at?

I stopped playing situations in my head, to bring my hopes up and then to have her crush them in an instant, was something I didn’t want to experience again. After she saw that picture, of me kissing her, I doubt she will forgive me…maybe it’s better if I left Korea and went to school in the states, that way, she can start anew; she deserves that.

Right now wasn’t the time to figure out my future, however, there were more important things to deal with. One of them being Yoseob. That bastard, if I ever see him again, I will give him a piece of my mind and my fist.

I finally saw her. That familiar figure, even in the darkness I could find her. What was she doing though? I saw her throw a piece of paper, but then she began running after it like no other.

“She’s not going to…?” I said out loud before my instincts kicked in and I ran to her. Before she hit the water, she fell on the sand. As she was crying, I heard her let out

“Why.Is.This.Happening.To.Me ?” suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. There was a difference between seeing her sad, and hearing her tears. The more she cried, the more I wanted to grab onto her and never let her go. That’s what I should’ve done that day…that day she confessed to me, I should’ve claimed her as mine and never looked back. Now here we are, both in pain. Her hating me, and me loving her with all of my heart…

The tide was coming up, and with one wave, this frail girl would be picked up and taken away from me, I couldn’t let that happen. I ran to her, like my life depended on it. I knew what I was doing, and I knew she probably wouldn’t want me holding her, but I couldn’t lose her. Right now, she was the only one who I wanted to protect and look after.

When I lifted her up, it was as though she didn’t even realize I was there. She cupped her body into my chest and cried. She didn’t fight me or question my presence, she just held onto me and cried.

As I approached the grass, I laid her down and fell next to her. Tears were still streaming down her face.

“How’d you know I’d be here?” she finally let out.

“I had a feeling you’d come here. Believe it or not, I know a lot about you. I know you wouldn’t run away to a place where you weren’t familiar with the area.” I said with a smile; I really did know her better than anyone else.

“Am I really that predictable? Am I really this stupid and easy to be played with?”

I was taken aback by her response. I wanted to know how she was feeling, but I had never been in this kind of situation before, so how was I supposed to make her feel better?

“Why is it easy for me to give my heart away? And why is it as easily broken?” I turned my head to look at her. She was staring at the stars, but I saw a tear escape the side of her face.

“I don’t even want to see his face anymore. I’m done. There are no more tears for me to shed anymore. If you guys really wanted my heart broken, you got what you wanted. I don’t know who I am anymore, I don’t know what to fight for anymore, I’m just lying here, idle, because everything has been taken away and all that’s left is a body without a soul.”

I got up and pulled her into my arms.

“I never wanted you to be like this. I’m here, your friend Kikwang is here. We don’t have to be anything more or less than friends. I want to be here, by your side.”

“I—I just want my old life back. I miss being excited to see my friends; I miss laughing with them and crying with them. Now I’m crying because of them. I don’t know how much more my body can take.”

I pulled away from the hug and looked into her eyes. “I’ll get your old life back for you; please stop crying.”

“How are you going to do that? Can you turn back time and change my feelings for you and Yoseob? Can you change your feelings and his? Can you change IU’s? Even if you turned back time you would still chose IU over me any day. And I would still chose Yoseob, because I know the love you have for me isn’t what you think it is.” She began to lose eye contact, but I turned her head so that our eyes were back in a lock.

“How do you know what and who’s I my heart? I know my feelings Jiyeon. I promised to put all my feelings for you away, so that we can be friends again. But you need to know, my confession was thought out and not something I said out of jealousy. After tonight, you can erase what I’m going to say right now out of your memory, but I can’t sit here and let you think that I wouldn’t chose you if I was given another chance. You’re the only one I have in my heart. The other girls were all mistakes, and I was an idiot for not going after you when you were right here, next to me. “

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

Was right now really the time for him to be so sincere…

“Even if you had accepted my heart, I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t of lasted. We are best friends who know each others flaws and mistakes, what kind of relationship would we have been able to build off of that.”

I had to brutally honest. The reason why I didn’t confess earlier was partly due to the fear that we wouldn’t work out and in the process we would ruin our strong friendship. That’s why I was able to give him up to all the other girls, because I knew that, by the end of the day, he would always come back to me.

“How can you say that? Even if things didn’t work out, I wouldn’t have blamed it on our friendship. Is that why you never confessed to me? Because you were afraid of us not working out? Haven’t you heard that the strong friendships make the best relationships? I think the best thing to do is…” The last thing I wanted to do was lead Kikwang on when I didn’t know my true heart right now. I needed to set things clear, so he could continue being my friend and not expect anything from me, even if I ended up changing my mind later, I would have to stick with the decision I was making right now.

“The best thing to do right now is to forget this ever happened. Let’s forget I ever said anything, and you ever grew feelings for me. Let’s forget me kissing you, and you kissing me back. Let’s forget our feelings for each other…okay?”

he grew silent and laid back down. I did the same.

“Staring at the stars was fun when we were friends, let’s just do that again, right now, together. I need a friend right now, and you’re the only one who wants to be next to me…I’ve pushed everyone else away because of my problems.”

‘I only need you, Kikwang, right here, next to me, holding my hand like you used to.’

Kikwang’s P.O.V

“If all you need is someone to hold your hand through this, I’m here for you.”

‘Even though I want to do more for you, Jiyeon, I’ll do as you say and just stay by your side.’

Later that night…

We stayed quiet for a while; just looking up and admiring the stars. I occasionally glanced at her, her face was still red, and she would let out a few tears here and there. As the night became darker, I remembered that we weren’t here alone with Jiyeons parents, but we were here ith the school…I got frantic, what time was it?

“What time is it?” Jiyeon said, it was like she heard my thoughts…that would be embarrassing.

I reached for my phone and was shocked to see what time it was.

“It’s 2:30 am”

“WHAT? WE MISSED CURFEW? How are we supposed to get into the hotel now, there are teachers everywhere? Do you think they know we are missing…?”

“Hold on, let me text Wooyoung.”

‘Hey Wooyoung. Do you know if the teachers know Jiyeon and I are out?

I waited patiently for his answer, but Jiyeon was freaking out. Finally I got a text back.

‘No, they’ve been so busy with the whole Yoseob and Suzy situation, trying to do damage control that they haven’t even done room check ups. They said they will just take role tomorrow morning at 9. You guys are good, but how are you going to get in? All the teachers are downstairs and they are really pissed?’

“He said that they didn’t do room checkups tonight and that we will have role call tomorrow at 9am. But it’s impossible to get into the hotel now, the teachers are really mad for some reason.” I knew the reason, but telling her would only make her cry more, so I reframed.

“Oh really? What should we do?”

I glanced behind me, and Jiyeon’s head followed my lead. There was the summerhouse; Unoccupied, waiting for someone to open it’s doors.

“Do you think your parents would mind if we used the house for tonight?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea…”

“Well unless you want to sleep out here in the cold, it’s the only option we have.” I got up and reached my hand out for hers.

“okay…let me go find the spare key.”

‘Hey dude, Jiyeon and I are going to stay at her parents summerhouse for tonight. Text me tomorrow and give me the heads-up so we can sneak in, okay?’

‘Alright dude. But remember she’s Yoseob’s girl…don’t do anything stupid.’

I didn’t text back. That text meant nothing to me. The words “Yoseob’s girl” meant nothing anymore.

“Found it!” Jiyeon yelled and gestured me to come over.

I ran over to her with a big smile on my face…Why was I so excited?

don’t do anything stupid…’ those words were glued to my mind…

‘What would happen if I did do something stupid…’



 

Hello everyone!

Writing this update was a little challenging because I burnt two of my fingers while cooking...just trying to be a good sister to my unnie, but I ended up hurting myself >.<

But anyways, here it is! I hope you're liking it so far! Please stay tuned for the next chapter...will Kikwang and Jiyeon get caught? What will happen to Yoseob and Jiyeon? Will Yoseob really marry Suzy? IS THE SUSPENSE KILLING YOU???? keke <3 m(^.^)m