My Heart is Mine, Not Yours.

Time

 

Suzy’s P.O.V

‘Did he—did he just ignore me? humph. I can’t let this happen.’

I glanced at Jiyeon, and she was working on something. She finally got her head out of the Korean textbook. But what was she working on? I moved a little bit closer to her without her realizing, and was finally able to read the title.

Room Arrangements for the Senior Trip to Jeju Island

Is that what I think it is? Hmmm…I could have fun with this, I just have to get my hands on it first… but how? I glanced behind me and saw the class vice president…

time to put your game face on Suzy, no one is going to steal Yoseob Oppa away from you!’

DING DONG

YES! Break time, time to dig up some dirt!

I followed Chunji, the class vice president outside, I still wasn’t familiar with the campus, but I’m pretty sure we were near the soccer field... I might not be the smartest, or brightest girl out there, but my seduction skills got me far, it’s something I know best.

“Annyeong. My name is Suzy. What’s yours cutie?”

“uhhh…Chunji. Nice to meet you.” I already knew that, there was no point in asking, but I needed to seem innocent.

“Awww what a cute name!” hah I’m such a good liar.

“Ummm thanks? Can I help you with something?” Why did he seem uninterested? Was my appeal wearing off?

 “I’m just trying to get familiar with everything here, and I wanted to know what the story was behind Yoseob and Jiyeon?”

“Oh, they’re dating. Actually are they still? After this morning I’m not really sure. Plus Kikwang has been a huge problem in their relationship.”

“Kikwang? Who’s that?”

“haha you know the person who yelled out “YOU” in class today…hey, wasn’t he pointing at you? I thought you knew him...” so that’s Kikwang...he’s kind of cute, I wouldn’t mind getting on a first name bases with him...AISH SUZY FOCUS!

“Ahh so that’s Kikwang.”

“Yah, Kikwang is Yoseob’s best friend, and he’s also Jiyeon’s best friend..” Aish Jiyeon again, what do I have to do to get rid of her?

“So Jiyeon’s pretty popular with the guys at this school? Is she like the school or something,” I tried to make that comment seem funny, but all of a sudden I saw Chunji’s face go from happy to serious in 5 seconds.

“JIYEON? THE SCHOOL ? HAH those words don’t belong next to each other…haha yeah right. She’s never had a boyfriend before Yoseob. But, there’s a rumor that Kikwang was her first love, but he never felt the same way. He’s actually dating her best friend IU.” Hmmm IU, I have to get close to her.

“Ah I see.” So she isn’t a , she’s the toy everyone wants.

 “Yah it’s a weird friendship because he’s always been protective over Jiyeon, I’ve never been able to just meet with her alone because he always just tags along. It’s like he’s afraid of losing her or something…it’s kind of freaky and weird. Especially since he gives more of his time to her than to his girlfriends.” From what I’m hearing, it doesn’t sound like this Kikwang person isn’t interested in Jiyeon…

“ too, I’ve liked her for a long time, that’s the reason I ran for Vice president, because I knew she was a shoe in for president… haha I’m rambling now.” Yah, you are. I don’t care about your problems you stupid boy. 

“Oppa.. I can call you that right, cutie?” he started to blush, almost there Suzy.

“Yah sure.”

“Do you think I can see the room list for the trip tomorrow? I want to know who I’m rooming with and get to know them a little bit more?”

“Uhh, I think Jiyeon has it..” I gave him puppy dog eyes.

“Okay, just wait here, I’ll be right back.” ASSA! Works every time.

I waited 5 minutes, but he finally ran back to me, he was breathing really hard. Good he’s loyal; I can use him for a while.

“Ahhh komawo oppa! I’ll return it to Jiyeon when I’m done with it! You’re the best, Cutie!” I gave him a peck on the cheek. Success! He just stood there shocked.

“Annyeong!” I need to do this for a profession. Time to have a little fun…but first

 ‘I need to go wash my mouth now.’

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

DING DONG * break time *

ASSA! Finally done with the room arrangements! I hope putting Yoseob and Kikwang in the same room won’t be a problem. I have nowhere else to put them. Thank god I have IU, or else I would have to stay with Suzy. It’s okay, I gave her the single room, she’ll like that, she can bring other peoples boyfriends over without them knowing…

‘That .’ I thought to myself. ‘Jiyeon, you can’t just blame her. It takes two to kiss. You’re boyfriend (are we still together?) is to blame too...unfortunately. I just wish I could put all my hate on her and be done with it….wait, when did I get like this? Why am I so mean and horrible?’

“AISH! STUPID BOYS I HATE YOU FOR DOING THIS TO ME!” Did I just say scream that out loud? I looked around and everyone was starring. Like I needed to attract more attention to myself.

“Hey Jiyeon?” Oh great, Chunji. What did he want now?

“Yes?” I said with a pissed off tone.

“I was wondering if...” GREAT NOT AGAIN!

“For the last time Chunji, I don’t want to get ice cream with you after school.” Was I being too mean?

…Awkward pause… he just starred at me with puppy dog eyes. WOW JIYEON WAY TO GO!

“Actually, I was wondering if I could take a look at the room assignments?”

“Oh.” ! Poor Chunji.

“Yah, here. Just give it back by the end of the day, I need it to give it to the office, this in my only copy.”

“Arasso.”

“Mianhae…for yelling at you for no reason. I don’t know what’s been going on with me lately…” I needed to do more than just apologize. Poor Chunji is a good kid, cute too, just not my type.

“It’s okay, I understand. I’m sorry for approaching you at a bad time, I know things are pretty messed up in your life..”

How did he know? Did everyone already figure out what happened last night? MY IMAGE IS RUINEDDDDDDDDDDD. (Insert anime character running around the school crying and yelling at the world! Keke)

“Ahh well. I’ll see you later in class, I’m going for a walk..” I managed to let out before I brushed past him.

“Okay, thanks for this!” his eye smile was cute, I wonder why I never noticed it before?

“No problem.” I smiled and waved goodbye to him.

I walked outside to the soccer field. There was that one spot on the bench where I absolutely loved. It was the one spot where I could see everyone and no one could see me. With everything going on, I needed to be alone. As I lay down, I was about to put my headphones in, when, I heard two familiar voices.

“Who is she?” this persons voice was strong and assertive.

“No one.” Shy, yet masculine…could these two be?

“Don’t lie to me Yoseob, I know when you’re lying.” Yoseob? Then the other one is..

“Did you bring her back to hurt Jiyeon more?” Kikwang?

“You don’t know anything about my situation Kikwang, please just stay out of it. This has nothing to do with you.”

“I didn’t lose my friendship, or hide my feelings for Jiyeon so you could go around and cheat on her. Was this all just a joke for you? Did you want to see us hurt?”

“You know that’s not true. I can’t even look at myself, let alone Jiyeon right now. That girl, Suzy, is my past, but Jiyeon will forever and always be my present and future. Don’t speak as though you know what I’m going through, because you don’t. you only ever like to make the conversation about yourself. Do you not know how much I’m hurting seeing Jiyeon like this? Having Suzy back here? Do you know how much I wish I could turn back time and wish things didn’t happen the way they happened. I regret the day I begged you to let go of Jiyeon; I regret asking you to pretend like you never had feelings for her. Because, you know what? Now I think maybe you would have treated her better than I am treating her. She deserves more than me.”

What was Yoseob talking about? He begged Kikwang to let go of me? And Kikwang just agreed, selfishly without even thinking about me first. And what was Yoseob’s relationship with Suzy anyways? I didn’t know this was eating him up this much. When did things get so complicated that we had to result to these drastic measures?

It was time for me to be independent, for me to stick up for myself, I needed to do this not just for me, but for every girl out there who was in pain because of a boy. I left my spot on the bench, and made my way towards the voices. For once in my life, I wasn’t going to have any regrets for the words I was about to say; everything from this point on is on the table, I’m not leaving anything behind.

“So, that’s what happened?” I walked up to them. The shocked faces I had seen the night before, were still there, plastered on.

“Jiyeon” was this Déjà vu, their ability to speak in unison has now becoming impeccable.

“Did you guys ever consider me when you went behind my back so many times? Or did you think that I was okay with the idea of you two playing with my heart?” while speaking, I took turns when it came to eye contact. One look at Yoseob, then at Kikwang, and then the cycle started over again.

“That’s---“ Kikwang tried to get a word in, but I wasn’t going to let him

“You,” I looked at Kikwang.

 “You knew very well how I felt about you. I told you I was willing to wait for you to try it out with IU, but you just ended up crushing my heart in the end. Were your feelings that easy to let go off, that the first chance someone gave you to run, you ran like the wind?”

“Jiyeon, it’s---“ Yoseob tried to comfort me, but I wasn’t going to let him this time.

“You’re no better. How could you ask him to forget me after you saw how much it hurt when IU put me in the same posi—“

“IU did what?” , Kikwang didn’t know.

“Never mind. The bottom line is, you guys did all of this without putting me into consideration. Was it easy to speak for me?”

“Jiyeon we weren’t doing it to be self---“ Kikwang was cut off again by my rage.

“Selfish? You guys weren’t even considering me, and you don’t think that’s not selfish? If I looked up the word ‘selfish’ in the dictionary, I’m sure I would find both of your faces as the definition.”

“We didn’t want to hurt you.” Yoseob said, he tried to approach me but I put my hand out.

“You didn’t want to hurt me? Should we recall what happened last night? The one person I thought understood me through all this ended up cheating on me in the end. And you’re trying to convince me that this was all done to protect me?”

“Jiyeon, why won’t you let us explain any---“ poor Kikwang, he’s getting cut off the most today...oh well, I’m tired of listening to his bull anyways.

“Kikwang, you’re not apart of this. You left my life when you decided that your feelings for me weren’t strong enough to hold onto me. I’m not your best friend or your sister, so just leave.” I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kikwang be so quiet in my life. I think he was waiting to hear what I would say to Yoseob, maybe he wanted me to be a lot harsher to Yoseob so that he didn’t take the words I said to him to heart.

“Yoseob, you promised me time to understand my feelings and to get my head back on straight, but today you come out of nowhere and expected me to leave class with you. Were you trying to make a scene in front of everyone? Do you know how many rumors are circling around school right now? How could you do this to me?”

“Mianhae.” Yoseob let out.

“Neither of you deserve me. You both deserve each other. I could expect this from two people who I didn’t know, but from the two closest people in my life? Do you guys know how messed I am just from both of you combined. Have fun with each other, because I think you might have lost me…” I walked away with my head held high. This felt nice, but why did I still feel broken inside. I was beginning to think that nothing could ease the pain in my chest.

Suzy’s P.O.V

I didn’t know that I would have the best seat to a full on battle. Why did I ever leave Seoul, everything here is like a drama. I have so much on all of them now, it’ll be impossible for me not to use this stuff to my advantage!

So, Kikwang does have feelings for her? Hmmm… all this information at once, I don’t think I can handle it. hahaha, I’ll live. Time to fix this room assignment…should I make this scandalous?

I reached for my phone and dialed the schools phone number.

“Ahhh. Miss Park. I’m Park Jiyeon’s mother, and I noticed she’s been having difficulty deciding the room assignments. I think it would be better if we let Jiyeon’s vice president do the assignments, don’t you?” please agree, please agree.

“Ahhh…deh that works. As long as it’s turned in by today.” ASSA!

“Arasso, thank you for being so understanding Miss Park! Also I wanted to let you know that if there is any difficulty assigning people to rooms, you know an odd number of boys or girls, I don’t mind letting Kikwang and Jiyeon share a room. They are basically brother and sister, and there is no relationship other than friendship there, I promise you.” keke let’s see you try to steal my oppa away from me you !

“Arasso. I’m sure we won’t have to resort to that, but it’s nice to know you approve of this arrangement. I’ll let you know if we have to take such drastic measures.”

“Arrasso. Komawo miss Park, have a nice day.” Everything is falling into place.

“You as well, Mrs. Park.” Miss Park let out, and hung up the phone.

ASSA!!! I’ve got control now, let’s see you try to stop me, all mighty Jiyeon!


YAY! Chapter 22 is up! Please anticipate the next chapter, the good stuff is coming soon so please stay tuned!

Thank you lovely subscribers, your coments always make me smile :)