Wide Awake

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

As we pulled up to my house, the events from the night were taking over my brain. As Yoseob walked me to my door, I handed him his jacket and reached for the doorknob. As I was about to step in, he grabbed my wrist and faced me towards him. He slowly moved his lip towards my forehead, a move that would make any girl swoon. I have been waiting, for what seems to be ages, for a boy to treat me as well as Yoseob has in one night. The idea of spending the day with him tomorrow seemed better and better. He slowly pulled away.

“Go in, I’ll wait till you’re inside. Goodnight”

I was dumbstruck. The kiss still had me shocked, but I managed to let out a quiet “night.”

I couldn’t fall asleep. For some reason my heart just cuoldn’t stop beating. When I closed my eyes all I could see was Kikwang’s sad face as I walked away with Yoseob, but then a sudden smile appeared when I remembered how much Yoseob truly liked me, and appreciated me. It didn’t make any sense to me, how I was completely ignoring my feelings for Kikwang, and just sparked up more feelings for Yoseob, but for some reason, it felt right.

 

Yoseob’s P.O.V

I couldn’t shake the warm feeling of her forehead on my lips off of me. She had now entered her house, but I refused to leave until I saw her turn her bedroom light on. Ah, there it goes. I stayed in my car for a while, processing everything that had happened tonight, only to find myself giddy and smiling. Was everything finally falling into place? I must have stayed there for a good half an hour, because I truly lost track of time. My happiness was interrupted by a sudden text from Junhyung. He wanted to meet up and finish up the song I wrote so that we could record it. I was on cloud nine so there is no doubt that I would be able to fall asleep anytime soon. I texted back a simple “sure” and then started my car. As I glanced at my rear view mirrors, I saw what looked like a familiar figure, but who knows, everyone has the same shadow in the dark…right?

Kikwang’s P.O.V

After I gave IU a goodnight kiss, I drove home. Ignoring my parents in the living room, I walked upstairs and quickly slammed the door. I flopped on my bed and stayed there, looking at the ceiling and spacing out.

Was I overreacting? She never showed interest in any of my friends, so why was she so close to two of them tonight? Pshh. How could I not care, does she expect me to watch her it up with my friends. What was up with Yoseob’s jacket on her anyways, are they official? Aish, instead of celebrating my new relationship I have to worry about her. My train of thought was blocked when my little sister Sohyun came into the room.

 “you were out of line tonight. Jiyeon just texted me, and told me what happened. After everything she did to get you and IU together you call her a and yell at her for having feelings for someone other than you.”

What did she mean by “feelings for someone other than you?” this couldn’t mean…nah I refuse to believe that..

“why do people keep on saying that she has feelings for me? first Yoseob and now you. IF SHE LIKED ME SHE WOULDN’T OF HELPED ME GET WITH HER BESTFRIEND!”

“it’s like talking to a wall. SHE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY, EVEN IF IT’S NOT WITH HER. SHE HAS ALWAYS PUT YOU FIRST, SO WHY WOULDN’T SHE HELP YOU? I’m actually happy for her, she found someone that won’t brush her off like dust, rather he will cherish her and hold her. Something you could never do for her. I hope you and her IU live happily ever after, because you did Jiyeon a solid by not accepting her feelings. P.s. if you never liked her, why are you so protective over her. You’ve never shown that kind of protectiveness when it came to me and L.Joe, yet when she is 2 inches away from a boy, you are quick to jump in. I would think about that. Night.”

It hurt. My heart hurt. The sight of those two together, the thought that Jiyeon might have liked me had I not been so selfish, the thought that I might not be able to repair the friendship that I had just ruined. I needed to see her, I ran out of my room, grabbed my car keys and left. Would she even look at me after everything I just put her through?

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

I still couldn’t sleep. I the lights and grabbed my iPad. I began reading Romeo and Juliet. Oh forbidden love was something I was used to. Stupid romance, like there is any boy out there that would risk everything to come to your rescue; or a boy who will throw rocks at your window because he couldn’t live without seeing you every 5 minutes. *Tap *tap. I heard sounds coming by the window.

“Jiyeon-ah, Jiyeon-ah” that sounds like… I ran towards the window. Kikwang?

“Please, talk to me. I need to see you. I’m sorry, I’m sorry for everything. Just please, come down and talk to me. I can’t live without you, just please, please talk to me!” Kikwang yelled (stuttering to say all of this, I had to put his words into a coherent sentence.)

“Are you drunk?” I yelled from my bedroom window.

“I had one or two bottles of soju before coming here. I needed something to convince me to come over here and ruin my pride.”

“See. This is what I’m talking about. it’s always about pride and masculinity, just the fact that you had to get drunk in order to apologize to me should show you how much of a bastard you are. Just leave, please. I’ve moved on, and you should too.”

“But you love me, you want me. just come down and you will never know what will happen.”

“What makes you so sure that I love you? you’ve done nothing but take me for granted and insult me. more than anything, I want you out of my life…indefinitely. Go home, go love your girlfriend, and don’t ever talk to me again.” I felt a drop of water hit my lips, that’s when I realized that I was crying. He was my best friend, the person who I would turn to after a fight like this, but today I would have to seek the comfort of my teddy bear and a carton of ice cream. I left the window-side, I couldn’t stand to look at him anymore. When I returned to the window five minute later, he was still there, stumbling to leave. Could I just leave him there? Did I have the heart to do that? I found myself succumbing to his need, and ran downstairs.

 

Here is the first update of the day chingus! I hope all of you are still interested in the plotline! I’m working real hard to make it sound interestingsmileyPlease continue to support “Time.”