Why Now?

Time

 

 

Here is the first update of the day! I'm feeling a lot better, so I think I had a 24 hour bug >.< oh well! I'm just happy I was able to update for my wonderful subscribers. This chapter is an eventful one, so be prepared! I hope all of you are having(and or had) a wonderful day! Talk to you later chingus!



 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

“Kikwang?”

“Yah, let go. what are you doing right now?” I said as I attempted to pull my hand away from his. But his strength overpowered mine, so I failed. “I need to get back to my date, let go!” I was tired of his sudden mood swings, he needs to learn that I’m not his sister, he can’t treat me the way he has been treating me. I was about to tell him all of that, but then I looked at his eyes. The eyes that I was looking at were not the ones I had fallen in love with. He was different. I continued to pull my hand away from his, but then he began yelling.

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME? WHY DO I FEEL LIKE THIS WHEN I SEE YOU?” he said. I looked into his eyes again and found someone who was tortured and confused.

“what are you talking about? Are you drunk again? I haven’t done anything to you!”

“HOW COME I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY? WHY CAN’T I GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD?” I stood there, shocked. What was he saying, and why was he saying all this now, here of all places. Didn’t I deserve better than this, especially timing wise. Wasn’t it just last night that he confessed to my best fried, and now he is confessing to me. something must really be wrong with him. I still couldn’t manage to get any words out to him though. It was like I forgot how to talk.

“ANSWER ME? YOU ALWAYS KNOW THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING. TELL ME WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME, FIX ME, PLEASE!” I can’t fix him, if I could I would’ve done it a long time ago. It was my turn to speak, and I had a lot to say.

“WHY DO YOU THINK IT’S MY FAULT YOU HAVE FEELINGS? WHY DO I HAVE TO FIX YOU, WHEN APPARENTLY YOU’RE NOT BROKEN ANYWHERE. THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS BROKEN HERE IS ME AND MY HEART!”

“feelings? Your heart?” he looked confused, I shouldn’t have even brought my heart into this. It seems like forgetting really isn’t that easy. It was now or never, either I told him that I have liked him for 10 years, or I just brush past him and move, I’m going to end up broken anyways.

“YES FEELINGS! YOU LIKE ME, YET YOU DON’T WANT TO BELIEVE IT BECAUSE, LET’S FACE IT, WHO COULD EVER LIKE ME. OR BETTER YET HOW COULD YOU EVER LIKE ME? MY HEART HURTS EVERYTIME I SEE YOU LOOKING AT HER, WHEN YOU’RE NOT WITH ME OR TALKING TO ME MY HEART HURTS, I FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING TO ME IS SLOWLY BREAKING ME, BUT YOU DON’T EVEN NOTICE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF AFFECT YOU HAVE ON ME. SO JUST LEAVE, GO BACK TO YOUR DATE, AND LEAVE ME HERE, BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT YOU ARE BEST AT.” I tried to hold back my tears, but it became nearly impossible. For once in his life, he stood there silent with nothing to say. I brushed a couple tears off my cheeks, and then spoke again.

“If we’re done here, I need to go back inside, my date is waiting for me.” I turned my body towards the door, only to be stopped by the grasp of his hand once again.

“Don’t go….” he paused. “Don’t go back to him. It hurts, here.” He pointed to his heart. “It hurts when I see you two. Please, don’t go.”

“you can’t stop me i---“ he grabbed my face and closed his eyes. Before I knew it, our lips were touching. He tried to deepen the kiss, but I wanted to pull away. This wasn’t right, it didn’t feel right, it didn’t feel romantic. I felt dirty and all I wanted to do was run to Yoseob, however, Kikwang was much stronger than me, and wouldn’t let my lips leave his. When he thought he had made his point, he pulled away slowly.

“let’s get out of here. You and me. we can be together. What do you say.” What could I say? What words could possibly make this situation seem okay. Every moment I was falling out of love with Kikwang, and into love with Yoseob, how could I ever tell him that without losing our friendship?

“I uh—“ before I could make up an excuse Yoseob came out from nowhere and punched Kikwang in the face. He lay there, holding his hand to his cheek, looking at me. He was expecting me to go to him, comfort him, take care of him. But I was shocked. I couldn’t move. How was I supposed to pick which side to be on? Why would they even put me in that position. As I began to ponder which boy I should run to, Yoseob started yelling.

“I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER! SHE’S MY GIRL NOW. YOU LOST YOUR CHANCE! DON’T EVER TOUCH HER LIPS EVER AGAIN!” wahhh, I’ve never seen Yoseob this angry before. Was he really my knight in shinning armor?

“I think that’s up to her to decide, don’t you?” Kikwang brushed a little bit of blood off his lips with the back of his hand. My motherly instincts told me to go to him and help him, but my heart told me to stay put.

Kikwang looked at me. He was expecting me to say something. Something that would get rid of Yoseob, he wanted me to tell him my feelings. But at that moment, I was confused. I couldn’t whole-heartedly express my love for Kikwang anymore, my heart had begun to change courses, and I had let Yoseob in without a fight. I finally had the courage to say something, but I wasn’t sure what the outcome of my words would lead to.

“YAH! Pabo! That was my first kiss! How could you do that, when you sure as hell know I have been saving it for the right person? Not someone who is dating my best friend! What are you thinking right now? Just because you have suddenly come to terms as to why you’re so jealous, you think it’s okay to kiss someone who isn’t your girlfriend; better yet, I’m your BEST friend, how am I supposed to react to something like this? Have you ever once thought about me and not just yourself?”

“I THOUGHT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED HUH? Now all of a sudden Yoseob is here, and your heart has pushed me out completely? What changed?” he had me thinking…what did change Jiyeon?

I couldn’t stay calm anymore. “ YES I LOVE YOU. I HAVE LOVED YOU FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS, AND NOT ONCE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ME AS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOUR BESTFRIEND. FOR THOSE 10 YEARS I HAVE HELPED YOU WITH COUNTLESS RELATIONSHIPS, BREAKUPS, AND I HAVE BOUGHTEN OVER 100 GIFTS FOR YOUR S. I KNOW ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, BUT HAVE YOU EVER EVEN BOTHERED TO LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT ME? EVERYTIME I SEE YOU, IT HURTS- I WOULD TELL MY BESTFRIEND ABOUT THIS BUT SHE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND, HOW COULD I EVER LIVE WITH MYSELF IF I DEPRIVED HER OF LOVE? FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS I HAVE WONDERED WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, I HAVE FILLED BUCKETS WITH THE AMOUNT OF TEARS I HAVE LOST, AND YET NOW THAT I HAVE STARTED TO DEVELOP FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT ME A LOT BETTER THAN YOU, YOU CAN’T STAND THAT. I NEED TO BE HAPPY, I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY, AND I GET THAT WITH YOSEOB. WITH YOU ALL I GET IS HEARTACHE AND SADNESS, AND I’M OVER IT. I NEVER WANTED TO JEOPORDIZE OUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NO CHOICE. YOU CAN’T EXPECT ME TO WAIT FOR YOU FOREVER, I’M NOT GOING TO STAND AND WAIT ANYMORE, IT’S NOT FAIR TO ME!”I couldn’t breath anymore. All the tears I had managed to hold back while giving my speech started flowing down my face. I managed to let out my final words in a quiet whisper; I was to tired to continue this conversation anymore.

“Please, just go back to her. Forget about everything that’s happened tonight, forget about me, just…just leave.” Yoseob gave a good look at Kikwang, and then took my hand. He walked me to his car, and we just sat there, quiet.

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

Why did seeing them together hurt me so much! What kind of control did she have over me? As IU and I were making our way over to them, all I could focus on were their hands intertwined. I assumed their date went well; they might as well call themselves a couple and be done with it. What does Jiyeon see in him anyways? I’m way better looking, smarter, and manlier than Yoseob will ever be. Why him?

I tried to enjoy the dance, IU looked beautiful and all, but I still couldn’t take my eyes off of her, Jiyeon. Had I messed up completely, and ruined our relationship in the process of trying to act cool? Would she ever forgive me? I had to know. When IU left to use the rest room, I knew this would be my only chance to drag Jiyeon away and talk to her. What we were going to talk about still remained a mystery to me, but I just couldn’t stand seeing those two so close, they were practically kissing distance away. Kissing? Has he already kissed her? Her first kiss shouldn’t be with him, just the thought of it made me cringe. Those irresistible lips are going to have to touch mine before his, maybe a kiss might change her mind. Mianhe Jiyeon, but I’m going to get even more selfish.

I walked up to them unnoticed and pulled her away from him. She didn’t know what was going on, and constantly fought me off, but I wouldn’t budge. She didn’t even know who her abductor was, how could she be so clueless? What’s more interesting to know is that Yoseob didn’t chase after her. Why was he willing to let me talk to her, it’s like he had no fear that I would be able to win her heart again…we’ll see.

I didn’t know what to say, the words leaving my mouth were even shocking to me. Had I known they were going to have such a detrimental affect on her, I would have gone about the situation differently, but even then I still don’t know what anyone would do in my situation. Nothing turned out the way I wanted it to, she didn’t love me anymore, she didn’t want me anymore, and she didn’t want anything to do with me. Our kiss proved that; she tried to pull away, but I was selfish again. It was there, fireworks, I’ve kissed millions of girls but none of them gave me this feeling that Jiyeon has. Why? Why did it take me this long to see what was right before my eyes. Just her embrace was enough to get me drunk; our kiss could make me die. I wanted her, I’ve always wanted her, but it took me 10 years to finally convince myself that it’s okay. I pulled away from the kiss; I wanted to run away with her. Go far away from here, from IU and Yoseob, from school, somewhere where we could start over and be together, was that so hard? She couldn’t respond, however, and the next thing I knew I was on the ground bleeding. I looked up and saw an angry Yoseob. I touched my lips with the back of my hand and felt blood. I deserved this. I did my best friend wrong; I was nothing more than a piece of scum. Why did I even think that she would chose me if I gave her an ultimatum?

“I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER! SHE’S MY GIRL NOW. YOU LOST YOUR CHANCE! DON’T EVER TOUCH HER LIPS EVER AGAIN!” His girl?

“I think that’s up to her to decide, don’t you?” I kept on cleaning the blood off of my lips.

I looked at her, expecting her to accept me over him. I was still hopeful. All hope was lost, though, when she began speaking.

 “YAH! Pabo! That was my first kiss! How could you do that, when you sure as hell know I have been saving it for the right person? Not someone who is dating my best friend! What are you thinking right now? Just because you have suddenly come to terms as to why you’re so jealous, you think it’s okay to kiss someone who isn’t your girlfriend; better yet, I’m your BEST friend, how am I supposed to react to something like this? Have you ever once thought about me and not just yourself?” It was then that I realized that Yoseob had made his way into her heart. Now I was really getting angry.

“I THOUGHT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED HUH? Now all of a sudden Yoseob is here, and your heart has pushed me out completely? What changed?” I wasn’t prepared for her response. Not one bit.

 “ YES I LOVE YOU. I HAVE LOVED YOU FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS, AND NOT ONCE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ME AS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOUR BESTFRIEND. FOR THOSE 10 YEARS I HAVE HELPED YOU WITH COUNTLESS RELATIONSHIPS, BREAKUPS, AND I HAVE BOUGHTEN OVER 100 GIFTS FOR YOUR S. I KNOW ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, BUT HAVE YOU EVER EVEN BOTHERED TO LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT ME? EVERYTIME I SEE YOU, IT HURTS- I WOULD TELL MY BESTFRIEND ABOUT THIS BUT SHE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND, HOW COULD I EVER LIVE WITH MYSELF IF I DEPRIVED HER OF LOVE? FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS I HAVE WONDERED WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, I HAVE FILLED BUCKETS WITH THE AMOUNT OF TEARS I HAVE LOST, AND YET NOW THAT I HAVE STARTED TO DEVELOP FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT ME A LOT BETTER THAN YOU, YOU CAN’T STAND THAT. I NEED TO BE HAPPY, I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY, AND I GET THAT WITH YOSEOB. WITH YOU ALL I GET IS HEARTACHE AND SADNESS, AND I’M OVER IT. I NEVER WANTED TO JEOPORDIZE OUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NO CHOICE. YOU CAN’T EXPECT ME TO WAIT FOR YOU FOREVER, I’M NOT GOING TO STAND AND WAIT ANYMORE, IT’S NOT FAIR TO ME!”

“Please, just go back to her. Forget about everything that’s happened tonight, forget about me, just…just leave.” I-I made her cry. I hated myself.