Why Me?

Time

 

Hello my beautiful subscribers! So i've reached a point in my story where I probably won't produce more than one update a day :'( I know this might dissapoint some of you, but I will try my hardest to make the updates as good as they can be! For now, enjoy the chapter! ^.^



 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

Before today, I had always felt like something was missing. I thought I wasn’t perfect enough, smart enough, or pretty enough to compete with all the girls in Kikwang’s life. Maybe the problem was never me, but maybe the problem was him all along. Was he the right person for me? After tonight’s events I think that the world produces more than one soul mate for everyone. You’ll be lucky to find just one of them, but I have found two. My thought process was broken when Yoseob started talking.

“You were cool back there.” He managed to say. I couldn’t do anything but laugh.

“haha..I was wasn’t I? You don’t know how long I have wanted to get everything off my chest!”

“I’m proud of you…but..where exactly do we stand after all of this?”

I wasn’t ready to answer that question. I wanted at least a little more time to think about what I wanted, and who would make me happy. The last thing I wanted to do was address this issue after everything in my life had just changed.

“I don’t want to pressure you, or anything, if you need time to think about..well..us..then take as long as you’d like, I just want you to know that I’m on the other side of that door whenever you are ready to open it.”

“Right now, I think what I need more than anything else is someone who will accept me with an open heart, be that as a friend or a boyfriend. Do you think we can start from there? To be honest…I’m leaning more towards a boyfriend.” Truthfully, I wanted a boyfriend. I want someone who will always be there for me, and to comfort me when I’m sad or celebrate with me when I’m happy. I think I could get that with Yoseob.

He let out a small smirk and began talking. “Right now, the most important thing is that you are sharing your memories with someone who wants to be there for you. I can be that person, you can give me whatever title you want, just as long as I can be a part of your life.” How did he always know the right things to say?

“I want you here. Right beside me for as long as you’ll have me. I’m warning you now, I’m going to be selfish and not let you go.” He turned me towards him and stared into my eyes. Ahhh his face when he smiles is so cute.

“Well then, let’s get back into that dance and show everyone there that MY girl is the best girl in the world. Kaja.” He put his arm around my waist and led me back into the auditorium. As we were about to open the gate, IU beat us to it and ran towards Kikwang. I didn’t notice that he was still lying on the ground…was he okay? AISH JIYEON! You shouldn’t care about him anymore! I DON’T NOW STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF! I’m seriously going crazy!

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH. HELP SOMEBODAY HELP! HE NEEDS HELP.” IU screamed.

What? Kikwang!!!

Kikwang’s P.O.V

I hated myself. Words couldn’t describe how much pain I was in. my heart was killing me and all I wanted to do was make it stop. I laid back down on the cold ground, and starred at the stars. It reminded me of when Jiyeon and I spent the summer at Jeju island with her parents..

**FLASHBACK**

“YAH stop!!! PUT ME DOWN KIKWANG! I’M BEING SERIOUS!” I didn’t listen to her, I never did. I loved playing with her; she was just so fun to mess with.

“YAH KIKWANG, PUT MY SISTER DOWN!” Doojoon yelled from inside their summerhouse. I was surprised to hear his voice; he almost never gets out of his room.

“hmmmm? Should I?” I looked at jiyeons face. She gave me the puppy dog stare she is known for. “hahah NO!!” I continued to run with her in my arms.

“KIMWANG, please put me down, I have something to show you.” I guess I should respect her. I placed her down on the grass, and she fell on her back. She started laughing. I loved watching her laugh, just the sight of her adorable dimples made my day. She patted on the grass next to her, inviting me to sit. We laid there for a good five minutes just staring at the stars, when she broke the silence.

“Kikwang-ah…have you ever been in love before?” That’s random, we’ve never really talked about things like this before.

“Love? What kind of question is that? Are you in love Jiyeon?” she couldn’t be..

“ANI! I’m just wondering if it exists. I heard that when you love someone, you never want them to leave your side, and when they do, they feel pain here.” She pointed to her chest. I truly didn’t know anything about love, out of all people; I should be the one asking her. She’s the genius. I guess I could attempt to explain it to her.

“Well you’re right. When you’re in love, the other person becomes a part of you. So leaving them or letting them go becomes one of the hardest things to do in life. Are you really not in love Jiyeon..?” hmmm I wonder who the guy could be. I should beat him up, he doesn’t deserve Jiyeon, no one was good enough for her.

“Of course I’m in love.” She said. I was shocked and my mouth dropped for dramatic effect.

“ahhh..really? Who is the lucky man?” I’m going to beat him up.

“Hmmm….should I tell you? You might go beat him up!”

“Yah, I’m your best friend! Of course you should tell me! I won’t beat him up.”

“I’ll give you a hint. His name begins with a K.”

“K…K…KEY? FROM SHINEE? THAT PLAYBOY?”

She stood up. “Not Key stupid! Keke you should’ve seen the look on your face! Hahaha pabo, who else’s name starts with a K? And he’s really close to me…” think Kikwang, think…K…K…

“ME?!?!?YAH!!!” she ran away laughing. “YAHHHH JIEYON!!! that’s not funny! I thought you were being serious.” I chased after her.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

“I love you too..jiyeon-ah. I’m sorry”

“KIKWANG!!!” After that everything went black.

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

We waited outside as the doctors tried to figure out what was wrong with him. Yoseob held onto my hand tight, and didn’t let me go. I felt bad for IU, she had no one to comfort her, and her own boyfriend had been nothing but a jerk to her since they started dating. I could see the distress in her eyes.

“Yoseob, I’m going to go comfort IU, do you think you can go get us some coffee?”

“Yah, sure. I’ll be right back.”

“IU-ah, are you alright?” I sat next to her, and began rubbing her back. She did nothing but stare at the floor.

“He doesn’t love me, does he?” I was shocked. What made her think that?

“No, he does. He’s just been really preoccupied the past few days. I’m sure he still loves you. I don’t think anything could change that.”

“You can change that.” did I just hear right? “I see the way he stares at you. He’s never once looked at me like that.” This was what I was afraid of, I never wanted either of my friendships to be jeopardized by my feelings. She broke my train of thought.

“Jiyeon, you’re happy with Yoseob right?”

“Yes..” where was she going with this?

 “If you really don’t need Kikwang, can you just tell him to forget you, and let him come to me? I need him Jiyeon, I don’t think I can live without him.” Why were the people around me so selfish? I gave up my feelings for him in order for her to have him, now I can’t even have a normal friendship with either one of them? Maybe this is for the best though…maybe Yoseob is all I need.

“IU-ah..” she looked up, hopeful. Her eyes were so sad; I couldn’t break her even more. I have been in her position, loving someone so much that it kills you inside.

“I’ll ask him to forget about me.” I think I did the right thing…right? All of a sudden, Yoseob appeared out of nowhere and handed me a coffee. He smiled at me and nodded, he knew what IU asked me to do, and in his own way he was telling me that everything was going to be okay. The doctor came out of Kikwang’s room and headed our way.

“Are you guys the friends of Lee Kikwang?” The doctor asked us.

“Yes, we are his best friends. What’s wrong with him doctor?” Yoseob asked.

“It seems as though he fainted due to exhaustion and lack of nutrition. We have hooked an IV to him so that we can get him back to normal, but he will have to stay the night. He has woken up and has asked to speak to one of you…I believe he said Ji…” IU was about to head towards the room before the doctor could finish his sentence.

“Ji…yeon”

IU stopped. She turned around and looked at me. Yoseob did the same. I stood there shocked. Why me Kikwang? Why was he making my life more difficult? Forgetting him will be hard enough, now why do I have to go through this?