I Knew It

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

"Can we talk?"

That was the text I got from Yoseob once the plane landed in Seoul. Honestly, I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to hear what he wanted to stay. Instead of clearing up things before he left with Suzy, he decided to wait until I got back home. I glanced over at Kikwang who was reading the text over my shoulder.

I was now stuck in a position that I didn’t want to be in, one that I never even imagined myself in. What was there left for me to do? I needed some guidance.

 

"What should I do?" It was as though I was now begging for help.

 

He looked hesitant to answer. Would his response determine where our relationship stood? If he told me to talk to him, did that mean he was really over whatever he was feeling before… however, I had to think about what would happen if he told me to forget him, did that mean he possibly had real feelings for me?

"I think..."

Come on Kikwang

"you"

My heart was racing.

"need to let him..."

Just say it. I was breathing heavily.

"explain himself."

 

Ouch. Why did that hurt? Was that not the response my heart really wanted from him? Is that why was I so nervous before.

"Do you think there is any viable reason to accept him back into my life after what he did to me last night?"

"We won't know unless you talk to him..." he looked out the window as the plane was entering the gate.

I needed to make the decision for myself, if I relied on other people the rest of my life, then what was the purpose of life?

“Do you know what you’re going to do?” He said as he looked at me.

I let out a deep sigh…

“Not yet.” I looked down at my phone and just starred at his text…

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

 

I wanted so badly to tell her to forget about Yoseob. There was no point in her listening to what he had to say. He was only going to break her heart again once he marries Suzy, he was worthless and not worth her time. But I told that to her, she would probably think I was saying it because I still had feelings for her…which I still do and probably always will.

‘Yang Yoseob, I’m not letting you enter Jiyeon’s life so easily. You need to prove to me that you aren’t going to go through with this stupid wedding, and you’re going to do all it takes to make Jiyeon happy.’

 

Yoseob’s P.O.V

 

It had been a week since I had last spoken to Jiyeon. I had left her at JeJu with more questions than answers. I didn’t deserve to hear back from her; she hated me and I very well knew that. But I couldn’t let myself come to terms with the thought of our relationship just falling apart. It had only been a week, but my heart had trouble beating, my lungs had trouble breathing, and my mind had to force my tears back. This was her affect on me. Without her next to me, it felt like I was going to die. The more she prolonged our talk, the more I realized how much of an I was for having left her there, by herself, crying. Was she trying to get over me? Did she not want to know why I really left that night? I left her behind that night was because I had no choice; that was the only possible way I could have protected her from Suzy’s men. But how could I tell her the truth when she wouldn’t answer my calls, texts or emails? Everything was getting out of hand, and to make the situation worse, the preparations for Suzy and mine’s wedding were almost complete, and I still hadn’t come up with a plan to get out of this stupid arrangement.

Jiyeon was the one, and only, girl I wanted to be with. The only girl I wanted next to me from now until I left this world. But what could I do to make that dream a reality? If I talked to my parents they would only say: “Love is not real. You’ll learn to adore your wife after marriage, but you will never love, because it doesn’t exist.”

They were wrong. Love did exist. I was experiencing it at the present. The feelings I have for Jiyeon surpass anything that could be explained in this world. I don’t need to do anything but look at her and my heart skips beats. My parents don’t understand that emotions can’t be created through arrangements; I can’t be forced to like Suzy again, I will probably hate her for the rest of my life if we end up going through this marriage.

‘It’s either Jiyeon or no one. And now, I have to find a way to make that happen…’ My phone interrupted my thoughts.

“Let’s talk.” I looked at the caller ID, hoping it was Jiyeon. But to my surprise and dissapointment, it was Kikwang.

What did he need to tell me that I didn’t already know. Was he going to confirm Jiyeon’s hatred for me? and if he was why would he need to rub it in my face. The last person I wanted to talk to was the guy back in Jiyeon’s life.’

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

It had been a week since I had last spoken to him. Every time he called, I wanted so badly to pick up the phone and talk to him, but there was always something holding me back. It seemed like forever since I had left my living room couch, just staring mindlessly at the TV waiting for some kind of sign to tell me what to do.

‘was all of this really happening?’ I thought to myself. Maybe everything was just a joke, and I was too stupid to let him say “gotcha.”

As I slowly reached for my cell phone to call him back, the doorbell rang. I jumped up and fell on the floor due to shock.

“Who is it?” I yelled, trying to get up and rubbed my head that had hit the coffee table.

“It’s me, Kikwang. I brought breakfast! And your mail!”

the only person who was supportive and comforting to me during this whole mess had been Kikwang. Surprisingly, things were slowly getting back to normal. I had missed his spontaneity; showing up unexpected was his trait.

“Coming!” I ran to the door and opened the door. He greeted me with his beautiful eye smile. I still swooned over that smile of his…

“Let’s eat!” he said as he raised the bag of food next to his face, still smiling. Ever since we got off the plane from JeJu, he hasn’t left my side except for at nights when he would leave my house at 2am and come back the next day to pick me up for school. Our graduation was only 2 days away and I hadn’t seen Yoseob once since JeJu. He didn’t even bother coming to school anymore since all that was left was cleaning out lockers and yearbook signing. I didn’t even want to go to school, but at least it was an escape from the couch…

“Okay come in! Go put the food on the table while I look through today’s mail.” As I slowly looked through the mail as I closed the door behind him.

“I hope you’re hungry, I bought a lot of food—“ I didn’t hear what he said after that. There was an interesting letter, or should I say invitation in my hand addressed to me. It looked too fancy to be an invitation to a party, that’s when a sudden gush of cold wind came across me. I was too afraid to look at where the letter had originally came from. I didn’t want to prove my assumption. I opened the envelope without looking at the sender.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Yang 

and

Mr. and Mrs. Bae

request the honour of your

presence at the marriage of

their children

Yang Yoseob

and

Bae Suzy

as they happily unite their

hearts, their lives and their cultures through marriage

on Sunday, the second of September

two thousand twelve

at four o'clock in the evening

At the Ritz Carlton Seoul

 

“I knew it” I let out as I fell to the floor. Suddenly, a tear fell.

“Jiyeon!” Kikwang rushed to me and lifted me up.

“What’s wrong?” he held onto my waist, because without his support, I’m pretty sure I would’ve fallen again. I think he knew that, that’s why his hold was so strong.

“it’s really happening, isn’t it?”

“What’s happening? What’s going on, you’re scaring me!”

I glanced at the card and then back at him. He took the card away from me and read the whole thing out loud. As he did, it only became more real to me. My tears began flowing more freely.

“I knew this was coming…I don’t know why I can’t stop crying. I’m sorry, I’m not very hungry right now, and I just want to sleep.” I reached for his hands that were on my waist and gently took them off of me. I walked back to the couch and put the blanket over me. It felt like someone was suffocating me, I couldn’t breath and all I wanted to do was cry the pain away. The sharp pain coming from my chest wasn’t budging, I just wanted the pain gone.

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

 

I should’ve looked through her mail before I gave it to her. Of course this would happen, just when I thought she was slowly getting to a point where she could talk about her feelings, this has to appear in her life again. I was now getting really pissed off at Yoseob’s lack of sympathy. While he was planning his wedding, I was trying to console the girl who wasn’t over him.

My anger couldn’t be held in anymore, as I grabbed my phone and found him in my contacts.

“Let’s talk.”

That was the best I could tell him without cussing him out then and there. The nerve of this guy; he thinks he can break Jiyeon’s heart and send her an invitation to his wedding with the she-devil, all in one week,. Like Jiyeon’s not affected by this at all. Is there any way he can justify himself now? If I were Jiyeon, I wouldn’t even give him the time of day after this; but then again, I couldn’t speak for her. It was her life, and I was only her friend…sometimes, I wish I had a bigger impact on her life, my title lacked any importance. It was either friend or boyfriend, and the later option would never happen. But at least if I was her boyfriend, I would be able to make her happy instantly, as her friend, I can only wish she will be happy every day, I’m not guaranteed anything.

“ah ahhh uhhh.” The sound of Jiyeon’s tears made my heart hurt.

“Where do you want to talk?” I got a response from Yoseob.

“Meet me at the park near Jiyeon’s house in 10 minutes.” I texted him back before he had the chance to forget my text. He needed a piece of my mind.

“Okay. I’ll meet you there.”

Since I was only 2 minutes away from the park, I sat on the chair next to the couch and Jiyeon’s head as I calmed her down. This was what I normally did whenever she cried, it was soothing. I felt bad for her, the one person she needed the most, her mother, was in America and couldn’t even console her own daughter. Jiyeon’s mom had told me that by Jiyeon’s hair she becomes soothed and comforted; I was grateful for that piece of advice. As 5 minutes had passed, I bent down and stared at a sleeping Jiyeon. I leaned in and gave her a kiss on her head before I headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” I heard the fragile girl laying on the couch let out.

“I’ll be back in a half an hour. I need to take care of some business. If you get hungry there’s a lot of food on the table. I promise I’ll be back soon. Don’t go anywhere and keep your phone next to you.”

“You’re coming back soon, right? Promise you’re only going to be gone for 30 minutes?” She was so used to people leaving her, the thought of me leaving her too would kill her.

“I promise. Now go back to sleep. I’ll lock the door behind me.”

‘Yang Yoseob, you better have a good excuse for all of this. You’re the reason why my first love is slowly dying inside, and all I can do is watch because of you.’


Wahhh! It's been 9 days since I last updated?!?!!?!? I'm losing my touch! Mianhae subscribers! I've been busy >.< I promise to do better since I think this FF might be coming to an end soon because of University! =P But stay tuned, I think i've got a few more chapters to go before I end this fanfic!

Thank you all for your support, I appreciate all your coments and your love for this Fanfic! I promise to be consistant with my updates from now on! Sorry for being a bad authornim! I'll work harder in the future! keke ^.~ 

I hope you all liked this update! It's slow right now, but it's only going to get more interesting from here...who will Jiyeon chose? Do you know? ^^