Come Back To Me

Time

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

“Yoseob?” I said. He pulled away from his kiss with an unfamiliar girl, and he looked at me, shocked. I didn’t notice that when I said Yoseob’s name, Kikwang also reacted. He looked at Yoseob and then me.

“Jiyeon.” Yoseob and Kikwang said in unison. I could feel it. My heart was gone; the pain and tears were coming to take its place.

“Jiyeon. Let me explain.” Yoseob said as he made his way towards me. Tears started falling as I glanced at Kikwang then at Yoseob.

I couldn’t just stand there like a fool. I had to run like a coward, I didn’t want to hear what his explanation was. I expected this from Kikwang, but I never expected this from Yoseob. I was running, aimlessly, knocking into couples as I tried to make my escape from this stupid park. I reached a point where I didn’t know where I was and I didn’t care. As I ran, I brushed the tears out of my face and just continued until I fell. I fell and broke down. ‘What did I do to deserve all this bad luck?’ I couldn’t breath anymore; the pain had absorbed every last part of me.

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

I pulled away from my kiss with IU when I heard a familiar voice, and a very familiar name.

“Yoseob?” I looked behind me to find the guy I left the girl I loved to, kissing another girl, and the girl I loved watching hopelessly.

“Jiyeon?” I was shocked. Did she see me and IU? She must have….

“Jiyeon, let me explain.” I heard Yoseob say as he made his way to her, but she didn’t stay. She ran as fast as the tears that were leaving her eyes. I was about to chase after her when someone held onto my arm.

“Kajima…” said the girl standing next to me.

“IU, let me go.” I tried to brush her off, but she was determined to keep me by her side.

“Andwea. You just came back to me. I’m not letting you go after her.”

“IU, She needs me.”

 “Kikwang, this has nothing to do with you; she’s with Yoseob, you need to let them figure this out themselves. She’s not your responsibility, I am.”

“She’s my best friend IU, I can’t just let her leave in her state.”

“You can if you want me to stay by your side.” Was she setting herself up for an ultimatum? I hoped not, because I would chose Jiyeon, I will always choose Jiyeon.

“How can you be so selfish? She’s your best friend, don’t you want to make sure she’s okay?”

At that point, I felt a huge gust of wind brush past me. It was Yoseob, he was finally running after her…why did it take him so long?

“Oppa, Jiyeon’s strong. Besides Yoseob just went after her.” She was right. I couldn’t take care of Jiyeon like I used to. For now, she was Yoseob’s responsibility.

‘Please find her Yoseob; I’ll deal with what you did later…’

Yoseob’s P.O.V

Why was I allowing this kiss to go on for longer than it should? I was about to pull away and scold Suzy for her actions when..

“Yoseob?” my heart dropped; I knew that voice. I pulled away from Suzy and saw Jiyeon standing right in front of me….

“Jiyeon, let me explain.” I tried to walk towards her, but she ran away instead. I was about to run and chase her, when Suzy grabbed my hand.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Let go, Suzy.”

 “Was that your girlfriend? Hmmmm.. Your taste has gotten worse oppa.”

“Shut up. Don’t ever talk about Jiyeon. You coming back was a mistake, and I’m going to prove that to you.” I gave her a face of disgust, and tried to shake her had off of mine. But she wouldn’t budge.

“ahhh what to do oppa? I bet our dad’s are finalizing the marriage proposal right now..it’s better she found out this way, now she’ll remember you as the cheater you are, she’ll forget you faster, trust me.”

The cheater I AM? I couldn’t hold the truth in anymore.

“You don’t know what it’s like to be cheated on, do you? Do you think it was easy for me to forget you when I found out you cheated on me with Taemin?”

She stood there, frozen and shocked. “I bet you thought I didn’t know? Yah, the truth came out about 2 months after you left. Forgetting you became harder, because all I wanted to do was break your heart as badly as you broke mine. Let me go, I need to go find Jiyeon.”

I shoved my hand away from hers.

“By the way, Jiyeon is a million times better than you, from looks to intelligence. Don’t ever talk about her ever again, or I don’t know what I will do with you.”

 I turned my back towards her, and ran like the wind. To my surprise, Kikwang was still with IU. I thought he would be the first one to chase after her. Maybe he’s finally over it?

The park was so big, and crowded, there was no way I would be able to find her. I ran past a million couples, but no sign of a frail girl.

“JIYEON!”

“JIYEON??? WHERE ARE YOU?” everyone was starring at me, but I didn’t care. Where was she?

I jumped onto a bench, and could see everything clearly. I saw a bundled up body on the grass, and I knew exactly who it was.

“MOVE, MOVE, EXCUSE ME.” I yelled at the poor bystanders. But at that point, I didn’t care. I needed to clear this misunderstanding up with Jiyeon.

I ran to my jiyeon who was now curled up on the field with her knees pressed to her chest. By her breathing, I could tell she was crying. I crouched down onto the grass next to her, and shook her shoulder.

“Jiyeon-ah. Please let me explain.” She looked up, and was startled. She was playing with her necklace as tears began escaping her eyes. I had never seen a ring next to her pendant…what was that? She broke my train of thought when she finally moved and got up. Her eyes were red and swollen. I can’t believe I did this to her, I can never forgive myself.

“Go away, I don’t want to see you ever again.” She began walking away. I reached for her wrist; I wasn’t going to let her go that easily.

“Please. Let me explain.” She turned around and looked me in the eyes with her evil stare.

“LET ME GO YOSEOB.” She’s never yelled at me before.

“Jiyeon, this isn’t what you think. Please, just let me explain myself. Please.” Please Jiyeon, just give me five minutes of your time… please…

“OKAY! EXPLAIN. Why did you leave me here all by myself? Was she worth it? Was she worth ruining our relationship? I hope she was Yoseob. I truly, honestly, whole heartedly, don’t want to see you anymore.” She tried to escape my hold, but I needed to get my words out.

“JIYEON, SHE MEANS NOTHING TO ME ANYMORE.” I found myself yelling. That was the only way she would listen to me. But why did I have to phrase it like that? Would she catch onto my word choice?

“Anymore? So she did mean something to you before? Hah. You played me like a fool, just like every one else. I thought you were different, I thought you were my knight in shinning armor, but you’re no better than all the other guys who have broken girls’ hearts. Go be happy with her. I’m giving you a free out. GO. LEAVE!” She was now hitting my chest and crying her heart out.

“ Jiyeon, please, stop this.” She continued hitting my chest until she collapsed into my arms.

“Out of everyone out there in this world, you are the one person who understands how much pain I’ve been through. Why are you adding onto this pain? Huh? Why Yoseob?” Her words sent a sharp pain into my heart.

“Jiyeon, she’s my past, you’re my present and future. I don’t want anyone but you. Can you please believe that?”

“How can I believe you after I saw you kiss her?” she pulled away from my chest and was now looking into my eyes.

“She kissed me. I tried to pull away, but...”

“But you couldn’t? I saw her Yoseob, she’s weak, you could have pulled away at any time. You didn’t want to pull away, huh?

“uhh..” I thought I pulled away fast enough, but did I not?

“I wanted—“ I was cut off.

“I don’t think we should see each other for the time being.” She let out. My heart stopped. Was this really happening?

“I think, I think I need some time to myself. I need some time to think about what my head and heart want. In that time, you can figure out why you didn’t pull away from her sooner.” How was she so strong after just breaking down?

“Jiyeon, I love you. I don’t need time to figure things out. I want you and only you.” At this point I was begging her to stay by my side, but it wasn’t going to work, was it?

“Well, Yoseob, I’m not sure if I want you right now.” Jiyeon let out in a whisper. As soon as she finished her sentence I felt a stinging on my face.

“YAH! DOJOON! Why did you punch him?” she yelled towards the direction that punched me.

“JIYEON DON’T LET THIS SCUMBAG MAKE YOU CRY. WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU? I’M GOING TO KILL HIM! GET UP YOU COWARD!”

“OPPA! STOP! Leave him alone.” Everything was a little blurry. I could see Jiyeon crouch down and analyze my face. At least I knew she still cared. She pulled me up. Her embrace was so warm; I didn’t want to let her go, never.

“Are you okay Yoseob?” she said. Was I okay? No I wasn’t Jiyeon. I couldn’t tell her that though, I was in no position to tell her that. I broke her, now what do I say to her?

“I’ll give you all the time you want Jiyeon. Just, please, try to come back to me soon.”

She just stood there, and let out a slight nod. She turned around and looked at Doojoon.

“Oppa. Let’s go.”

“We’re not done here Yoseob. If you make my sister cry like this one more time, you’ll be lying down on a hospital bed. Come on Jiyeon.”

“Dehh oppa.” She walked away from me, and all I wanted to do was scream her name out to the world, and tell her not to leave me.

As they were walking away I could hear Doojoon’s voice scolding Jiyeon.
“oh by the way, here’s your phone, you have a million missed texts and calls. Why would you leave something so important at home? It’s a good thing you told me where you were going, or else how would I have found you?”

‘so that’s where her phone was. It was never with her…’

She got in the car and drove away. I could only stand there, like the scum I was.

‘Mianhae, I never wanted to hurt you, ever. I broke my promise to you, and I’ll have to live with that for the rest of my life. Please find in your heart to hear me out. Saranghe…’

 


I'm alreay on chapter 20! wahh deabak! keke! Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad my readers are still interested in my story! You guys are all AMAZING!! thank you for showing your love for "Time" and I hope I'm returning the favor with some good updates! ^.^ 

Also I hope none of you mind the swear words in my story. At first, I rated the chapters M, but I think it's kind of pointless because the swear words are very rare and not a big part of the storyline. So if i'm offending anyone, mianhae! Let me know and I can change it!