You Have GOT to be Kidding Me?

Time

Hello my wonderful subbies~ Have I made you wait too long for an update? I'm sorry!!! Between starting University and doing class work, i haven't had the chance to finish up my update! I promise to start updating more whenever I have the chance!!! Don't give up on me or the story just yet! But for now, please enjoy chapter 39!!! <3


 

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

Today is the day. The day I’ve been waiting 19 years for. Graduation.

For some reason,  something was missing. Someone was missing.

“Hey you!” Kikwang broke my train of thought.

“hey!” I tried to make my voice sound like I was happy…was it convincing?

“You’re not convincing anyone. But I want you to know that your speech was really good, and that I’m proud of you for getting through this past week. I know it’s been tough.”

“Thanks, I couldn’t have made it this far without you.” and that was true. Without Kikwang there, my life would be different, I would be different. But could you really tell I was in pain?

He didn’t show up, not even for his own graduation. I got it; he didn’t want to clear things up with me-I could live with that. But why would he miss such an important day? Was it that hard to look at me?

“Let’s go out tonight and celebrate?” Kikwang broke my thoughts once more.

“I don’t think I’m up for it tonight…”

“How long are you going to just sulk in your living room for? You need to get out of this slump! You need to get out! Come on, I promise you it’ll be the best night of your life…see you can’t turn that offer? Now come on! Please?”

How could I refuse. He had been so understanding, I couldn’t just turn down his offer…even if my heart still hadn’t recovered.

“pick me up at 7?” I  gave in, like I always did when he broke out the puppy eyes.

“ASSA! Yes! You got it- wear something pretty and fancy okay?”

“Why?” this wasn’t one of his dinner and a movie things?...

“Because I said so! It’s a surprise, just do it!”

“arasso! But this better not be a trick!”

“what kind of trick would I pull? I’ll pick you up at 7, okay? See you then.”

As he walked away, I felt alone again. My heart cried a little. I looked behind me and took one final look at the building I had spent that past 3 years of my life- the tears I shed, the amount of times I laughed, the friends I made, and the long lasting memories imprinted on me- they were all because of this place…and now, it was time to say goodbye. But why was my heart hesitant to let go? I slowly walked away from the precious building.

‘today’s the day I let go of two things…one of them is you and the other is him…goodbye.’

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V

 

Between packing up for school in California, consoling Jiyeon, and helping Yoseob get out of his marriage, I had wondered how the past few days had passed by. It was finally D-day, the day I would get Jiyeon and Yoseob back together, and the day I finally let go of her.

Letting go is weird…I could physically let go of her, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to mentally let go of her. But seeing her happy again was worth my misery. I had been so selfish in the past, that it was time to do something selfless, especially if it was for her. I guess going to college in California was both a blessing and a curse. I would be able to fully let go, but I would never be able to change my mind.

As I sat in the audience, and watched Jiyeon give her valedictorian speech, a flashback of the past three years came to me.

 

Flashback

“YAH, LEE KIKWANG!!! WHERE’S MY TEXTBOOK????” an angry Jiyeon stormed into my classroom. Even as a freshman, Jiyeon didn’t care about people accepting her into the school, she was still as scary and angry as ever!

“I left it at home..mianhae…”

“I HAVE A TEST IN AN HOUR AND IT’S OPEN BOOK, AND YOU LEFT IT AT HOME?!?!”

I quickly got out of my seat and started running, but to no avail, she caught up to me and pushed me onto the ground and started slapping me… For the rest of the year I was known as the boy who got beaten up by the pretty girl in classroom A-1. And Jiyeon was known as the girl who no boy should ever cheat on…great way to start off high school!

 

“ I l-li-like you” the girl put her hands in front of me, motioning me to take her letter, and I just walked past her….this was the first confession I got in high school. Her name was Sohee, looking back, I had acted so cold to her, and I just let Jiyeon pick up the pieces.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he gets the letter. Don’t give up! Hwaiting!” Jiyeon tried to console the girl who was crying.

“YAH LEE KIKWANG!!!!! CAN’T YOU SEE THIS PRETTY GIRL LIKES YOU, HOW CAN YOU BE SO ARRAGONT AND JUST IGNORE HER! YOU BASTARD. WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS? HUH!” Jiyeon beat the out of me that day. All misunderstandings of our relationship were cleared that day, when Jiyeon was known as the girl to go to in order to win my heart. I would never know what kind of affect that title would give her until today…mianhae.

 

 “Hey guys, I want to introduce you to my girlfriend, Im Yoona.” As I glanced at Jiyeon it looked like she didn’t even want to acknowledge her, or me…

“Jieyon, say hi.” I stood there holding onto Yoona’s waist.

“Can we talk outside?” Jiyeon didn’t look happy at all, she looked like tears were going to fall from her eyes any moment.

“uhhh..Sure. Wait one second Yoona.”

As we reached outside, I felt a strong force on my arm.

“YOU BASTARD! HOW CAN YOU DATE MY NUMBER ONE BULLY! WHERE IS YOUR HEAD? ARE THINKING WITH YOUR OTHER BODY PARTS AGAIN?” she continued to hit me…I’m beginning to think that Jiyeon has an anger problem.

“I didn’t think she affected you that much!”

“You’re not stupid, but why do you make stupid decisions when it comes to choosing a girlfriend?”

“Can you just give her a chance? You know how much I need both your support and your event planning skills. I can’t live without you!”

she stood there frozen.

“I can’t do that. You be happy with her, I’m just going to stay and watch from the sidelines. I can’t…no I won’t help you with this one.”

As she walked away, I began regretting ever upsetting her or getting her involved in the first place. But, why was it so hard for me to breath as she got further and further away from me?

*end of flashback*

 

“ And as we leave this place, if there is something we need to take away with us, it is the friendships we have made here-new friendships and old.” Jiyeon then looked at me and smiled.

How could I have been so stupid. The only girl who was genuinely smiling for me was standing next to me all my life…if there was one mistake I ever made in high school, it wasn’t making Jiyeon angry, or ignoring confessions, or dating es-my mistake was not appreciating the only person who I shared those memories with.

Suddenly, my phone lit up.

“Hey, is everything set up for tonight? I just need to show up at the restaurant right? She’s coming right?”

Part of me wanted to keep Jiyeon for myself tonight, and just let Yoseob have her tomorrow. But that wasn’t fare to anyone.

“Yeah, just show up. I’ll make sure she’s there. Don’t screw this up, it’s probably your last chance. How’s everything going with your parents? Are you still on house arrest?”

“unfortunately, yes. But I told them that I’m taking Suzy out tonight to celebrate my graduation, and they bought it. I really hope your plan works Kikwang, I can’t marry that she-devil.”

“I know it will work, just stay optimistic!”

“I don’t know how much more optomism I can include in my diet…How’s her speech going?”

“She’s killing it. I’m sure she wishes you were here…even though she won’t admit it, I can see it in her eyes.”

“I wish I was there too. Tell her good job from me…even though she probably won’t want to hear that right now.”

“okay. I’ll talk to you later, it’s time for me to go pick up my diploma.”

“Congrats Bro! It’s time for college! Talk to you later.”

“Lee Kikwang”

Being second in the class, I received my diploma right after Jiyeon, I looked at her and smiled as we looked at the crowd…

‘everyone, this will be one of my last memories in Korea…Thank you for letting me share it with you…especially with you, Jiyeon…Saranghe.’

 

Yoseob’s P.O.V

 

I wanted, more than anything, to share the stage with Jiyeon and Kikwang today. But I was stuck at the bridal store instead, as Suzy was trying on her dresses, I couldn’t help but roam around the store and imagine Jiyeon in a wedding dress… “beautiful” I thought to myself by the sheer image of my lovely Jiyeon standing next to me at the alter.

“You like it?” . Did I say that out loud? Suzy better not think I was saying it to her. Nothing could make her beautiful. I turned around to face her.

“No, I don’t like it. I don’t like how you are willing to just go along with this, especially since you know I’m in love with someone else? How can you even cope with the idea that your husband is in love with another woman?”

“By the fact that she is categorized as “the other woman” is all the satisfaction I need. You will be MINE and not HERS. SHE won’t be able to take you or anything else away from me. You can love her all you want, but let’s be honest, you loved me first, right? You can’t think that Jiyeon was your first love! Haha”

“As a matter of fact, no, I didn’t love you. And yes, Jiyeon is my first love. What I felt for you wasn’t love; don’t ever think that the words “love” and “you” will ever come out of my mouth unless I’m talking about how much I DON’T LOVE YOU!”

it looked like she was taken aback by my response, but it was the truth. Question was, however, where this competition between her and Jiyeon came from? It made no sense…

“Did my leaving you really affect you that much?”

“No, I just love being cheated on, and having my heart torn when you left without a single word. That’s every guys dream.”

“We we’re young, can’t you just…forgive me? I didn’t like him how I liked you, if that makes up for anything.”

“That makes up for absolutely nothing. When you left, and I found out you cheated, I promised myself that I would never forgive you. I’ll be civil with you, but don’t expect our relationship to be anything but business.”

Suddenly, the next few words that came out of would change my life, her life, Jiyeon’s life, and Kikwang’s life forever….

 

“Let’s call off this wedding.”

“WHAT?”

Suzy stood there nodding her head, like all this was just some kind of game to her, and now the ball was in her court. The ball had always been in her court, now what kind of pass would she make?

 “Are you serious?” I wasn’t sure how I should react to this. Was she playing a trick on me? I was half irritated by the fact that she is only NOW saying this, and half hesitant to believe her…

“I don’t want to wear this dress, and stand next to someone who will never end up forgiving me and will remind me of the past until the day I die. It’s not fair, and I finally see that. When my dad said that he wanted me to get married, I didn’t want to. I still love someone else, someone from my past. But when he said your name, I tried to make the best of it, but when I heard you had a girlfriend…I got really jealous. Especially when I found out that your girlfriend was Park Jiyeon. I promise you, I’m not the same girl I was four years ago when I left Korea. But seeing you, happy, it seemed like you were never affected by me leaving at all, and it just made me…irritated…”

“You can’t expect me to hold on to those emotions from 4 years? Yes. I was greatly hurt when you left. But if I had stayed hurt, then I knew that would give you the satisfaction you so desperately wanted. So I tried to look for why you left Korea in the first place. That’s when I found out about the whole Taemin situation and that’s when my tears turned into anger.”

“You have to understand though, the Taemin thing was blown way out of proportion. We only kissed, and that’s because he forced himself on me. I’m not sure who told you what happened, but I never meant to cheat on you…I liked you, a lot..”

 “ But The person from that past, who you still love, it isn’t me…is it?” please say no, please say no!

“no.” huh…I was a little sad that, that really was her answer…but okay?

“Then who is it?” I was curious. Why had she been going to such an extent to get me to marry her, when she doesn’t even love me at all?

“Does it matter? He doesn’t even remember me. And I barely remembered him until the trip at Jeju.”

“So I know him?”

“You want to know why I hate Jiyeon so much? Well this isn’t the first time she stole a boy from me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Lee Kikwang..you know him right? Well he was my first friend, and my first love.”

“WHAT?” how many of these sudden attacks would I have in the course of one day? Did those words seriously just come out of ? As if our lives weren’t complicated enough…now this?

“Wait, how is that possible? How come he’s never mentioned you? or you him? It didn’t even look like he recognized you?”

“I didn’t recognize him at first either. The last time I saw him, we were in elementary school, him, Jiyeon, and me. That’s when he told me he was going to America to study after middle school, he wanted me to know where he was going because we were going to two different middle schools. At that time, I thought he liked me and that’s why he was telling me that. So, I begged my parents to let me go to America once middle school was over. But…”

“ but…?”

“I never found him. I thought we were going to finally be together. But he stayed back…for her.”

“Her?”

“Are you seriously that dumb and can’t connect the dots for yourself? Okay let me go change and then we can talk this out.”

I had so many questions, and so little answers. By the end of the day, I wasn’t sure how things would unravel…

 


 

Did you guys like it? Are things getting too complicated?!? keke^^

I want to keep my readers interested, so I threw in a couple of curb balls! Let me know what you guys think!!