Birthday Boy

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hands off! You eat too much!” Minzy slapped Seung Hyun’s hand the moment she saw him trying to get another scoop of bibimbap she cooked for Yoochun. She just sent him a picture message of the newly cooked bibimbap that’ll be waiting for him as soon as he gets home. Seung Hyun scowled while nursing the part where he was hit by Minzy.

 

 

“I’m still hungry! You’ve got to feed me it’s my birthday!” Seung Hyun demanded.

 

 

“You eat like a bear. Don’t be greedy!” Minzy scolded.

 

 

Just then, Jaejoong entered Yoochun’s unit. Jaejoong was walking absentmindedly like he was floating as if he was unaware of his surroundings. He just tapped Seung Hyun’s shoulder after greeting him a happy birthday and then sat beside him while loosening his tie and ing the first three buttons of his white polo shirt. He removed his coat and placed it on the back of his chair. Seung Hyun and Minzy silently observed him as he stared at nowhere and then he sighed.

 

 

“What the hell happened to you hyung? Looks like The Ice Queen got you real good.” Seung Hyun murmured while sneakily taking a scoop off of the bibimbap.

 

 

“She laughed and smiled today Seung Hyun…The Ice Queen laughed and smiled…” Jaejoong snatched the spoon and bowl of bibimbap Seung Hyun was eating and got and wolfed it down absentmindedly, sighing and looking at nothingness.

 

 

“…when she smiled, it felt like the room lit up…and when she laughed…it just knocked my socks off and blew me away and my world stopped…” Jaejoong said in a soft whisper.

 

 

“Yah! Hyung, that’s my bowl. Get your own.” Seung Hyun ignored his hyung’s revelation and tried snatching the bowl from him but Jaejoong was able to dodge it. Jaejoong emptied down the bowl of bibimbap in a matter of seconds.

 

 

Jaejoong just looked pass Seung Hyun and noticed Minzy standing across the room.

 

 

“Hello! I’m Minzy…” Minzy bowed and introduce herself politely.

 

 

“I’m Yoochun oppa’s…”

 

 

“His girlfriend…I know you’re his girlfriend…I’m Jaejoong. You can call me Jaejoong oppa…” Jaejoong interrupted.

 

 

“But…I’m not…” Before Minzy could correct Jaejoong, Hyun Joong came dashing inside Yoochun’s unit with two huge paper bags and he placed it on the countertop of the kitchen.  His eyes were dark and fierce and so Jaejoong and Seung Hyun just kept their mouths shut, not wanting to piss him off. He looked like he could snap at any unfavorable remark.

 

 

Hyun Joong started taking out each liquor bottle from the paper bag. Minzy, Jaejoong and Seung Hyun were just stealing glances from each other as Hyun Joong silently took out the bottles. Seung Hyun started inspecting each bottle that came out of the paper bag.

 

 

“Whoa!!! Dom Perignon White Gold Jeroboam…Perrier-Jouet Champagne…French Beaujolais…Italian Chianti…French Bordeaux…The Brunello di Montalcino…” Seung Hyun whispered in awe as he grazed his fingers on the bottles of the expensive liquors.

 

 

“You guys really went all out on the alcohol…I am deeply touched…” Seung Hyun’s eyes were sparkling as he looked at Hyun Joong and Jaejoong.

 

 

“Wait wait wait….” Jaejoong said in a panicky voice as he examined the familiar bottles of wine and champagne.

 

 

“Hyun Joong, you brought my liquor collection!!! We’re not supposed to drink this…this costs thousands of dollars!!!” Jaejoong raised his voice as he went towards Hyun Joong to stop him from opening the Dom Perignon White Gold Jeroboam bottle. He gripped on Hyun Joong’s wrist and the latter just looked at Jaejoong icily and then towards his wrist and he shot him a warning look.

 

 

Jaejoong knew better not to piss off an already pissed off Hyun Joong. So, Jaejoong just fell back on his seat and watched Hyun Joong open the bottle.

 

 

“My liquor collection…” Jaejoong said as he mourned the demise of his collection…Hyun Joong got four champagne glasses and poured each. He gave Jaejoong and Seung Hyun each glass and then he stood in front of Minzy and handed her one glass.

 

 

“I’m Hyun Joong…it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Hyun Joong greeted with a stoic face, offering Minzy the glass. The latter hesitated taking the glass.

 

 

“I’m only 20 years old…I don’t think I can…” Minzy stuttered.

 

 

“It’s just champagne…a glass wouldn’t hurt. I’m sure your boyfriend wouldn’t mind. You’re in good hands. Don’t worry.” Hyun Joong coaxed.

 

 

“But Yoochun oppa is not…” Minzy stopped abruptly as she got the ice cold glance of Hyun Joong. And like Jaejoong, she was utterly terrified. So she just smiled and took the glass. Hyun Joong walked back to where he stood and raised the glass.

 

 

“To Seung Hyun…and my revenge at the despicable woman named Bom Park…” Hyun Joong drank his glass on one go and abruptly stopped as he sniffed the aroma in the kitchen. He walked towards the bowl of bibimbap and took the spoon neatly placed beside it. Minzy wanted to protest and stop him from eating but she was afraid to cross Hyun Joong.

 

 

After some time at the kitchen, Jaejoong was still sulking over his collection; Seung Hyun was happily drinking the expensive champagne and he was pouring Minzy another glass of champagne while Hyun Joong was just eating the bibimbap.

 

 

“Oh by the way, Yoochun called me a while ago…he told me to specifically tell Seung Hyun to keep his hands off the bibimbap…” Hyun Joong said absentmindedly and it took him a minute to realize that he just finished off the bibimbap Yoochun was referring to.

 

 

And just right on queue, Yoochun came straight towards the kitchen. He was panting heavily as if he just ran a mile and the horror on his face was undeniable.

 

 

“Oh man, I ate your bibimbap…sorry…you can ask your girlfriend to make you another one.” Hyun Joong mumbled, looking like he wasn’t the least bit sorry for what he did. He looked straight at Yoochun while he off the spoon.

 

 

What horrified Yoochun was not the fact that his bibimbap was gone but by the fact that Seung Hyun and Minzy were acting as if they knew each other for years. Seung Hyun was making a toast with Minzy and she was pursing her lips as he pinched her cheek.

 

 

Yoochun felt the surge to just shave Seung Hyun’s head off. He walked towards them and immediately grabbed on to Seung Hyun’s collar.

 

 

“Do you want to die on your birthday?” Yoochun’s expression was grim.

 

 

“Hyung…” Seung Hyun gulped and looked at his hyung helplessly.

 

 

“…Your girlfriend and I are just talking…” Seung Hyun said sheepishly.

 

 

“YAHHHHH!!!! I AM NOT YOOCHUN OPPA’s GIRLFRIEND!” Minzy screamed in frustration. Everyone looked at her in shock of her outburst. Yoochun slowly lets go of Seung Hyun’s collar and looks at her as did everyone else.

 

 

“Your friends seem to think I’m your girlfriend. It’s frustrating the hell out of me.” Minzy gritted her teeth as she spoke to Yoochun.

 

 

“I’m sorry…I’ve been telling them that you’re too young to be my girlfriend and you probably have someone your age you like already but they wouldn’t believe me.” Yoochun sighed heavily and looked away. He couldn’t deny the disappointment he felt upon seeing how much Minzy is upset just being called his girlfriend.

 

 

“Oppa…it’s not that…it’s just that…” Minzy mumbled. “…I mean, I’m just someone you took pity on…it’s not like someone like you would even take a double look at me…I’m just me…and you’re this big shot actor… I wouldn’t want to give them the wrong impression…” Minzy looked away blushing and Yoochun couldn’t help but touch her chin and make her look directly at him.

 

 

“I didn’t just take pity on you…I just get this satisfaction of being your knight in shining armor…and I know you don’t look at me like the big shot actor that you say I am because you didn’t even know me when we first met.” Yoochun smiled at her warmly.

 

 

Both Minzy and Yoochun were distracted from the noise of the background. They turned to look at the three guys and saw Seung Hyun giggling as he took a video of them on his phone, while Jaejoong was smiling giving Yoochun a knowing look and an okay sign while Hyun Joong was scoffing, feeling awkward with seein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter