All That Matters

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As per the doctor’s advice, Hyun Joong brought Sandara to a nearby hospital and stayed all night to make sure she’s fine. Sandara kept to herself and Hyun Joong respected that. He didn’t say anything and just offered his comforting silence. He opted not to let Jaejoong know because he could tell that Sandara badly needed time to herself.

 

 

He sat beside Sandara’s hospital bed all night that he didn’t realize it was already morning. He woke up from the rays of sunlight that gleamed through the window. When he opened his eyes, he saw that Sandara was already awake. Her face was expressionless, her eyes staring in to space…it was as if she was there with him but isn’t really there.

 

 

Just then, the doctor along with a couple of other interns entered the room. Hyun Joong stood up to greet the doctor.

 

 

“How is she?” Hyun Joong looked tired and worried as he gave the doctor a polite bow. The doctor bowed in response and then looked at his chart.

 

 

“Ms. Park is going to be okay. We still need to keep her until the end of the day to run some test.” The doctor replied, his eyes trained on Sandara.

 

 

“How are you feeling Ms. Park?” The doctor asked Sandara gently.

 

 

She didn’t even blink. She didn’t say anything at all. Hyun Joong just gave the doctor a meaningful look.

 

 

“She hasn’t said anything since last night doctor…” Hyun Joong said grimly.

 

 

“That’s perfectly understandable. We’ll have to check for trauma…like I said, we still have to run some test…” The doctor nodded.

 

 

After the interns got Sandara’s blood pressure and vitals, they left with the doctor. Hyun Joong sat back on the chair and checked his watch.

 

 

“Dara…I have to go to work. I have meetings…” Hyun Joong’s voice was low as if he was treading on water, trying to gauge Sandara’s reaction. She slowly turned her head and looked at him.

 

 

“I’ll be back later this evening to help you check out. Will you be fine alone here? Shall I call Chaerin or Jaejoong?” Hyun Joong asked slowly. She immediately got hold of his wrist as he was about to get his phone. Hyun Joong raised his head and looked at Sandara, he saw her gently shaking her head.

 

 

“No. Don’t.” Her voice was weak and shaky.

 

 

“But Dara…” Hyun Joong made a sound of protest but her refusal was steady.

 

 

“Promise me not to tell anyone…don't tell anyone….” Sandara’s eyes pierced on to Hyun Joong’s, making him swear not to tell a single soul of what happened and Hyun Joong couldn’t refuse her request.

 

 

*****

 

 

Hyun Joong dropped by to his villa to wash up and then he headed straight to his office. When he got in to their building, his secretary greeted him with a bow. He walked straight ahead and his secretary followed behind him, giving him a rundown of his itinerary for the day.

 

 

Hyun Joong’s phone beeped and checked it. A smile formed his lips upon knowing that it was Bom who sent him a message. It was nothing but a simple good morning with various cute emoticons. He typed in his reply and within seconds, Bom sends another reply asking if he had breakfast already.

 

 

He walked straight in to his office and sat on his chair, his attention still on his phone. He told Bom that he hasn’t eaten anything yet but his usual caffeine fix is already at his desk. As he exchanged messages with Bom, the smile on his lips never left and his secretary’s babbles long ignored.

 

 

“Uhm, Sir Hyun Joong…” his secretary called his name for the third time. Hyun Joong got out of his reverie and looked at his secretary, the smile on his lips instantly forming in to a thin line.

 

 

“What?” Hyun Joong asked, a bit irritated with his secretary’s knowing look.

 

 

“Your father’s assistant has called you several times this morning. He says that it is imperative that you give your father a call as soon as you got in.” Hyun Joong felt a chill upon hearing his secretary. He checked the calendar on his desk; he didn’t realize that it’s his brother’s death anniversary.

 

 

He gave out a silent nod, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He dreaded calling his father…he had this eerie feeling that he wouldn’t like whatever it is that his father is going to say. He always dreaded talking to his father.

 

 

“You can go now.” Hyun Joong dismissed his secretary.

 

 

The moment his secretary went out, Hyun Joong bent his head down and grunted. He wanted to scream but he couldn’t.

 

 

“Sir…your father is on the phone. He sounds really mad…shall I put him through?” Hyun Joong’s secretary asked hesitantly.

 

 

“Put him on the line…” Hyun Joong said coldly and within seconds, the phone on his office rang. He had a firm grip on the receiver, almost crushing it in his hand.

 

 

“Hyun Joong…”

 

 

“Yes father…” Hyun Joong replied. A moment of silence filled the air. He could hear his father taking a deep breath.

 

 

“It’s time to meet your fiancé.” His father said grimly.

 

 

“What are you talking about? I told you before I’m not getting married. I never plan to marry anyone!” Hyun Joong said immediately, surprise was evident in his voice. He shook his head and stood up from his chair.

 

 

“No…I won’t agree to this…It’s preposterous to agree in to this farce arranged marriage!” Hyun Joong protested, his hand forming into a fist, his knuckles turning white.

 

 

“Your mother arranged this. She chose your bride. It would make her really happy.” His father’s words were grim and cruel, cutting through Hyun Joong.

 

 

“I can’t. I just can’t.” Hyun Joong kept on shaking his head.

 

 

“You don’t have a choice…this is for your mother…” His father paused, giving Hyun Joong the opportunity to digest his words.

 

 

“My assistant will coordinate with your secretary about the details of the dinner tonight. You’re going to meet your fiancé and I trust that you will act accordingly Hyun Joong.” Before Hyun Joong could protest, his father already disconnected the call.

 

 

At what lengths will he have to go through just to please his mother? Until when does he have to suffer?

 

 

Hyun Joong shook his head vehemently. He will not allow himself to be a puppet anymore. He can’t do it. He can’t live forever in his twin brother’s shadow. He can’t agree to this. He deserves to live his own life. He has the right to be happy…He’s in love with Bom and if he has to defy his family then so be it.

 

 

He grabbed his mobile phone and dialed Bom’s number.

 

 

“Hey baby…” Bom greeted cheerfully.

 

 

“Hey…” Hyun Joong said softly. He leaned on his chair and closed his eyes…just the sound of Bom’s voice makes him feel better in an instant.

 

 

“We’ll have dinner tonight. I’ll pick you up at your shop…” Hyun Joong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter