Nonchalance

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Come in…” Seung Hyun uttered upon hearing Chaerin knock on his office. It’s her first day in the GQ Korea office. She donned a black pencil skirt that hugged her hips, a white button down shirt and a sharp tailored jacket. Seung Hyun eyed her outfit and tried to hide his impressed expression of her sense of style. Crisp and Fashionable was how he described her.

 

 

“Have a seat.” Seung Hyun gave out a curt smile as he looked at her briefly. Chaerin took a deep breath when he wasn’t looking. She was extremely nervous. She was expecting him to immediately fire her right that moment.

 

 

“I’m pleased to meet you Chaerin-shi…I’m sorry I couldn’t interview you personally. I had matters to attend to. Gummy noona, our HR manager,briefed you of what your role is in GQ Korea.” Seung Hyun looked up at her which startled Chaerin and made her hold her breath. Their eyes met and Chaerin felt like the world stopped for a brief moment. She opened and her lips quivered at the intake of oxygen. Being under his gaze paralyzed her senses and all she could do was nod.

 

 

“How’s your first day in the office so far? Everybody been treating you well?” Seung Hyun asked. Chaerin blinked a couple of times. She was deeply bothered that he hadn’t even mentioned their previous encounter when she asked him to take off his clothes at the fashion show last Saturday. She was pretty sure that after the encounter, she’s going to be axed before she even properly started.

 

 

Silenced enveloped the room. She was waiting for him to drop the bomb but he didn’t.

 

 

“Uhmmm…Everyone on the floor is busy…” Chaerin spoke softly. She wanted to smack herself in the head for answering dumbly.

 

 

“Yes. We’re on a tight schedule for the next issue. Are you comfortable in the office? I hope no one is bothering you.” Seung Hyun said in response.

 

 

“I haven’t really had the chance to get to know them. I was wondering why except for Gummy unnie, I’m the only…uhm…only female employee here.” Chaerin wanted to retract her question but it was too late. Seung Hyun could already see the flush on her cheeks.

 

 

“There’s no reason in particular. I guess you should ask Gummy noona about that.” Seung Hyun chuckled. The deep sound of his voice made Chaerin’s heart lurched. If this is the way she’d react around him all the time then she wouldn’t last long in the office.

 

 

“If there’s anything you need, questions, concerns, violent reactions…don’t hesitate to come in my office. And if you could kindly submit your style concept for the next issue by the end of today, I’d really appreciate it.”

 

 

“Yes Sir.” Chaerin answered softly.

 

 

“Uhmmm…may I go now?” Chaerin asked after a moment of eerie silence. Seung Hyun just gave her a lazy smile and nodded. Chaerin stood up and just as she was about to walk out the door, Seung Hyun called her name again.

 

 

“Chaerin-shi…” Chaerin took a deep breath before looking back at him.

 

 

“Yes Sir?” She asked.

 

 

“Did you get all the outfits from the fashion show back?” Chaerin wanted the ground to swallow her whole. Seung Hyun’s eyes flickered with mischief. Her face grew beat red as she recalled her behavior a couple of days ago.

 

 

“Uhm yes sir. You already sent the Suit No.  24 back.” Chaerin looked away upon seeing Seung Hyun smile and she immediately excused herself before she could embarrass herself more.

 

 

*****

 

 

It was already lunch time when a guy popped in her cubicle.

 

 

“Hi there Chaerin. Want to grab some lunch?” He wiggled his eyebrows and his baggy eyes twinkled.

 

 

“No thank you.” Chaerin dismissed the guy. Just then, another guy popped into her cubicle and brushed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter