Revival

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jaejoong, Yoochun, Hyun Joong and the girls decided it was time to go back to Seoul. They all had to go back to their respective realities the following Monday morning. Seung Hyun messaged them that he’d be arriving that Sunday evening too. Seung Hyun went ballistic when he found out what happened to Minzy. He called Yoochun the minute he found out on the plane on their way home to Seoul.

 

 

When Jaejoong and Yoochun dropped Sandara and Minzy off to their apartment, they couldn’t get in because there were too many reporters waiting. Yoochun couldn’t bring the girls to his place either because there were reporters waiting for them too.

 

 

“Let’s just go to my place.” Jaejoong decided that it’d be better if they stay at his place. 

 

 

Yoochun was pretty disappointed because he wasn’t able to talk to Minzy alone. Somehow, she always had someone with her all throughout their stay in Jeju. Hyun Joong had to split because he had to bring Bom home.

 

 

“Yoochun, you know where your room is. Dara and Minzy, I hope you guys don’t mind, you’ll be sharing one room. It’s pretty big so it can accommodate both of you.” Jaejoong looked over his shoulder as they entered his place.

 

 

“Thank you so much Jaejoong oppa…I’m sorry to cause you so much trouble.” Minzy apologized profusely. Jaejoong opened the door for them and led them to the living room.

 

 

“Don’t worry about it Minzy. I get to be with Dara day in and day out. What could be better than that?” Jaejoong winked. He got Minzy and Sandara’s things and threw them a happy smile.

 

 

“Make yourself comfortable. I’ll just bring your things to your room and make sure that everything’s all sorted.” Jaejoong turned his back and started walking towards the hallway leading to the guest rooms.

 

 

“Let me help you with my bag.” Sandara got her bag back.

 

 

“I can carry it for you.” Jaejoong refused. Sandara gave him a meaningful look and then looked over Minzy and Yoochun as if telling Jaejoong that they should leave Yoochun and Minzy alone so they can talk.

 

 

“Let me help you…” Sandara repeated, squaring her shoulders and looking at Jaejoong directly.

 

 

“Come on, let me show you to your room.” Jaejoong replied, finally understanding her.

 

 

Yoochun stood in the middle of the living room, his silence is bringing this uncertain tremor to Minzy. She’s been feeling guilty for disrupting everyone’s schedule just because of her rash actions. Minzy fixed her gaze on the ground, responding to Yoochun with equal silence.

 

 

“Minzy…”

 

 

“Yoochun oppa…”

 

 

They both spoke at the same time and held each other’s gaze.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” they said in unison.

 

 

“Hey…” Yoochun said gently upon noticing Minzy sniffing. He walked towards her and held her hand, squeezing it…His other hand cupping her cheek, his thumb gently brushing against her soft skin.

 

 

“It’s all my fault…because of my stupidity, everyone had to go out of their way just to sort out the mess I made…” Minzy felt like the world was on her shoulders. Yoochun gathered her in his arms and caressed her back, soothing her.

 

 

“It’s no one’s fault. I’m just so happy that nothing bad happened to you…” Yoochun murmured in her ear and then kissed the top of her head. Minzy slowly placed her arms around Yoochun’s waist and embraced him.

 

"Everything's going to be fine Minzy...I promise..." Yoochun whispered, tightening his embrace on Minzy.

                                                                                                                                                               

 

*****

 

 

The following day, Minzy was left alone in Jaejoong’s apartment. Jaejoong and Sandara had to go to work while Yoochun had an emergency meeting with his agency regarding his official statement about the incident.

 

 

Minzy couldn’t get out of the house because she’s afraid that she might get hounded by the people. Even though Yoochun advised her not to, she couldn’t help but browse the internet and read news articles regarding the incident.

 

 

She was surprised to read a lot of negative comments against her. She knew how cruel ‘netizens’ can be but she didn’t realize that they were a lot worse than she thought. Minzy’s hand formed into a fist as she read further on the comments.

 

 

A gasp escaped from Minzy’s lips upon reading one comment that really hurt. As much as she wanted to deny it, she can’t simply ignore the hurt she felt by the comments. At least the media didn't know about her sister. She's willing to do whatever it takes just to protect her sister. If it hadn’t been for her phone ringing, she would’ve kept reading on.

 

 

“Hello?” Minzy answered her mobile phone.

 

 

“Is this Ms. Gong Minzy?” 

 

 

“Yes.” Minzy answered.

 

 

“This is from Seoul General Hospital. Your sister just woke up from her coma. She’s asking for you.”

 

 

“I’ll be there right away.” Minzy answered abruptly.

 

 

Minzy didn’t waste any time. She changed clothes and wore a large hoodie and a mask just so that people wouldn’t recognize her. She could hear her heartbeat thumping on her chest. 

 

 

Her sister is awake. Finally. Minzy couldn't help her tears.

 

 

Luckily, she wasn’t recognized by the people because of her disguise. She rode the bus and headed straight to the third floor of the hospital. She rushed towards her sister’s room and found her awake.

 

 

“Unnie…” her sister mumbled. Her frame looked so small in the hospital bed, Minzy’s heart felt like it was being squeezed seeing her sister so fragile and looking like the wind could blow her over.

 

 

“Eunji…” Minzy felt her body froze. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Her sister is awake. She was afraid that if she moved closer and hug her sister she’d go back into coma again.

 

 

“Unnie…they’re not telling me anything. I’m confused. The last I remember we were celebrating my 15th Birthday…now I’m here…” Eunji slowly raised her arms and touched the big scar on her left cheek. Her lips trembled and tears started spilling from her eyes.

 

 

“What happened to me unnie?” Minzy avoided her sister’s eyes. Eunji can’t remember the last year before her attempted suicide. Thoughts rambled in her head. Should she tell her sister the truth? The doctor said that Eunji shouldn’t be stressed nor shocked. Her condition is still critical. Not now. Or perhaps, that part of her sister’s life is best left forgotten.

 

 

Minzy finally mustered the courage to approach her sister. She sat down on the chair beside the hospital bed and held her sister’s hand, kissed it and looked into her sister’s eyes.

 

 

“You had an accident. You fell off your high school building. You’ve been under a coma for almost six months now. You’ve forgotten the past year…it’s already 2013.” Minzy said carefully, telling half truth and half lie.

 

 

Eunji had so many questions but somehow, she couldn’t form her thoughts. She kept on touching the scar on her face. All her dreams of becoming a star felt like it has completely turned its back on her. Minzy noticed this and embraced her sister with caution, wary that she might crush her sister’s fragile frame. Minzy patted her sister’s hair.

 

 

“It’s going to be okay Eunji.” Minzy looked straight in to her sister’s eyes and held her shoulders smiling at her sister brokenly.

 

 

“Listen, we’re going to fix your scars. It’ll look like it was never there.” Eunji looked at her hesitantly.

 

 

“Unnie…I want to become an actress because I want you to stop working so hard for me…I want you to live your life…and now…I can’t do that for you anymore…”

 

 

“Hey…I’m happy with what I’m doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter