Unfolding Secrets

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Miss Park, what do you want to have for lunch later?” Jaejoong asked Sandara excitedly. It was only nine am in the morning but Jaejoong felt the urge to prepare for it. It’s been about eight days since they first had lunch together and he made it a point to have lunch with her every work week. It’s what he’s been looking forward to everyday.

 

 

Sandara looked up at Jaejoong’s expectant face as she took her focus off the paperwork in front of her. Jaejoong took a deep intake of breath as he saw her bit her lower lip in hesitation. His heart feels like its being squeezed in excitement and the rest of the world stops as he set his eyes on Sandara’s lips. He’s been getting these kinds of moments whenever he’s around her lately.

 

 

“Uhm. I have a meeting with a few investors later at 10am right?” Sandara asked Jaejoong to confirm. He looked at his tablet to check.

 

 

“Yes you do. The company driver will be taking you to their office.” Jaejoong confirmed.

 

 

“Okay.” Sandara tried dodging Jaejoong’s previous question.

 

 

“So lunch? I wanted to order ahead so that when you come back from your meeting our lunch will be ready…” Jaejoong said softly as he bore his eyes unto Sandara’s face. He’s been fighting the urge to just take off her black rimmed nerdy glasses that concealed her eyes and his imagination has been running wild, wondering what Sandara would look like underneath her ill fitting loose jacket.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m going out for lunch today. I’ll be back after lunch.” Sandara answered hesitantly. Her voice shook a little as she looked into Jaejoong’s piercing gaze.

 

 

“You’re meeting someone?” Jaejoong asked.

 

 

“Uhmmmm…I’m meeting my room mate.” Sandara replied. Although technically speaking, Jaejoong didn’t have the right to ask where she’s going given that he’s pretending to be her secretary but she felt this guilt for not telling him earlier before he got all excited for lunch. She could see the disappointment on his face.

 

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong forced a smile and then went out of Sandara’s office and back to his desk.

 

 

*****

 

 

“She’s a patisserie? How the hell does a baker end up being a curator?” Hyun Joong studied the report his investigator gave him. The file contained the background of Bom Park. She came back just about two years ago from the States where she finished college and worked in a hotel as a patisserie. Now she owns her own bakeshop in Gangnam.

 

 

“It doesn’t make sense.” Hyun Joong said to himself while the investigator waited for further instructions from him. Then Hyun Joong’s secretary knocked in his office.

 

 

“Boss, Ms. Bom Park has a message for you…” Hyun Joong looked up when his secretary popped his head inside his office.  The secretary slowly walked into his office and slid a note in front of Hyun Joong.

 

“If you want to get to know me,

Ask me out on a date.

You don’t have to hire an investigator.

All you have to do is ask lover boy.

-          Bom  Park.”

 

“What the hell! Didn’t I tell you to be discreet about your investigation? How on earth did that woman find out you were investigating her!?” Hyun Joong roared, making the investigator fall back further on his seat and swallow a lump in his throat.

 

 

“Boss…I…I…I swear, I was really discreet! I don’t know how that woman found out!” The investigator was shaking just looking at Hyun Joong’ icy glare. Hyun Joong could only swear under his breath. He looked at his watch and slammed the report on his desk.

 

 

“Just get the hell out of my sight before I do something I’d regret later. I have an important meeting to catch.” Hyun Joong stood up called his secretary. The investigator scurried away as fast as he could.

 

 

“This doesn’t make sense at all. She doesn’t have the luxury to buy those pieces. She must have a boss she’s working for.” Hyun Joong was pacing inside his office while pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

 

“Sir, the car’s ready for you downstairs.” His secretary told him.

 

 

“Okay. Let’s go. You’re one hundred percent sure that nobody knows about this meeting? I need to get that last art piece from the Goryeo Dynasty. I’m willing to give Mr. Lee a considerable compensation.” Hyun Joong grabbed his phone and placed it in his pocket and walked ahead of his secretary.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Settle down guys! We won’t be able to come up with a concept for our December issue if you don’t settle down!!!” Jiyong slammed the table to shut up Seungri and Daesung from bickering. Youngbae was just playing with his phone while Chaerin kept on looking at her watch. They were at a restaurant having early lunch for a meeting.

 

 

It’s been eight days since Seung Hyun’s grandfather died and he hasn’t shown up in the GQ Office yet. He told Jiyong about what happened and instructed the latter to take over their company. Jiyong also knows about the new condition on the last will and testament of Seung Hyun’s grandfather. Jiyong has been a having a bit of a hard time adjusting to his new position. His brothers aren’t giving him any help. Seungri and Daesung would normally shut up the moment Seung Hyun slams the table and glares at them but now they don’t even listen to Jiyong.

 

 

Chaerin’s mind was somewhere else. She misses Seung Hyun. She didn’t get the chance to talk to him. He went by the office a few days ago and she was hoping to catch him but for some reasons he went so quickly that she felt like he was avoiding her.

 

 

“Guys…please…we have to do this for hyung…” Jiyong sighed in desperation. The guys fell silent. They all looked at each other feeling guilty.

 

 

“I really think we should get Won Bin for our cover. He’s a classy actor and we can have a concept of how a big actor like him would normally spend his holidays…” Chaerin suggested. She took over Jiyong’s former position as Fashion Editor of the magazine.

 

 

“From what I’ve heard he’s currently on a hiatus and doesn’t have any current projects. I’ll contact his agency.” Youngbae chirped.

 

 

“I’ll arrange my studio and will coordinate with Chaerin about the shoot’s concept.” Seungri interjected.

 

 

“I’ll contact our people to send us a wardrobe from Armani, Klein, McQueen and Boss. Chaerin, let me know if you want any other brands. I’ll handle it.” Daesung said.

 

 

“If you could get a hold of some pieces of our local designers that would be great. It’d be a nice concept to mix up the local and international pieces together.” Chaerin answered and Daesung just nodded at her.

 

 

“So we’re all set.” Jiyong announced. Chaerin looked at her watch again and then she got hold of her phone to send a message to her unnie.

 

 

“You guys go head back to the office. I’m meeting someone here.” Chaerin announced;  her eyes still on her phone.

 

 

“Are you meeting up a guy? A date?” Daesung asked curiously.

 

 

“Nooooo!!! You can’t meet date anyone else! You’re getting marrie---“ Seungri reacted violently. Before he could complete the word married Jiyong covered his mouth.

 

 

“You know?” Jiyong glared at Seungri. He was pertaining to the last will and testament provision and Seungri smiled sheepishly.

 

 

“I was listening to you and hyung…I kind of told Daesung hyung and Youngbae hyung…” Seungri’s voice trailed off and hid behind Youngbae’s back when Jiyong tried smacking his head.

 

 

“Hyung is going to kill me.” Jiyong muttered while Chaerin was ignoring them.

 

 

“Unnie!!! Over here!!!” Chaerin called out. Sandara walked inside the restaurant and immediately walked towards Chaerin.

 

 

Chaerin winced at the sight of Sandara’s hideous poor office attire. She was wearing an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter