The New Recruit

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N

Second Installment of my Double Update

 

 

 

 

 

Right after Jaejoong and Sandara’s wedding, Hyun Joong flew to Japan to unwind. He had a few more months of vacation before he goes back to racing again. But his vacation didn’t stop him from being on the racetrack. He went to Tokyo, in Obita to meet up with Yoshi.

 

 

“Hyun Joong. Wow. It’s been a long time. I’m glad to see you here.” Yoshi embraced him for a warm welcome.

 

 

“I have some downtime so I thought I’d drop by.” Hyun Joong replied with a smile.

 

 

“Are you going to join the race for the main event? We have some exciting line up tonight. You came on the right night.” Yoshi mused.

 

 

“What do we have tonight?” Hyun Joong asked as they both walked towards the crowd.

 

 

“We have a new recruit. Really good, I’m telling you. Definitely hard to beat.” Yoshi responded. Hyun Joong raised his eyebrow, the excitement in his eyes showing. He loves a really good challenge.

 

 

“Is that so?” He crossed his arms and looked at the crowd.

 

 

“What’s his name?” He followed up.

 

 

“It’s better if you find out yourself. Shall I sign you up for the competition then?” Yoshi asked confidently expecting a yes from Hyun Joong.

 

 

“It’s okay if you just watch; your insurance won’t cover this if anything happened.” Yoshi said with a teasing smile. Hyun Joong tapped his shoulder and gripped on it.

 

 

“Did I ever care about insurance? You know how I love a good challenge Yoshi. Sign me up and let’s see how good your new recruit is.” Hyun Joong pushed Yoshi so he could go and sign him up.

 

 

The competition began. Hyun Joong didn’t get a chance to see the identity of the mysterious new recruit. But the car he was riding was quite impressive, it was top of the line and well maintained. Hyun Joong smiled in satisfaction as he started the engine of his car.

 

 

He never got tired of quenching his thirst for adrenaline and that night, he knew that it’s going to be a great night. And it was exactly what he hoped for. Hyun Joong may not have won the drifting competition that night but he was glad he got second place. Losing to the new recruit gave him a very good challenge.

 

 

He may be the kind of person who doesn’t like losing but he is a good sport. This drifting competition just challenged him to do better and make sure that next time, he will beat the new recruit.

 

 

Hyun Joong stepped out of his car and removed his helmet. He looked towards the car of the new recruit and started walking towards it. And when the driver of the car, the new recruit, stepped out and removed the helmet, Hyun Joong stopped in surprise.

 

 

A girl.

 

 

The new recruit is a girl.

 

 

A smirk formed on his lips upon seeing the long locks of the girl. She was wearing a cut off shorts and a white vneck shirt and biker boots. She looked awfully familiar. He might have seen her before somewhere but Hyun Joong couldn’t just think where particularly.

 

 

He walked towards her and looked at her in a calculating gaze. The girl had this cocky-don’t-mess-with-me aura in her and Hyun Joong could tell that she got the respect of all the respect of everyone in the drifting competition.

 

 

He slowly held out his hand, offering it to her. The girl looked at his hand while raising her eyebrow, taking her time, contemplating whether or not she should take it. She eventually shook his hand but only briefly but she still didn’t give out a smile.

 

 

“That was a great one. Well deserved.” Hyun Joong finally said.

 

 

The girl was a bit surprised with Hyun Joong’s complement. Of course she knew who he is. She expected that he would be an arrogant, all about himself kind of guy like the usual she encountered in the past drifting competitions she joined. She never expected him to bow down and accept defeat. He wasn’t a cocky douche bag although quite frankly, he had a lot of things to brag about.

 

 

Right that moment, Hyun Joong earned her respect. She gave a small smile.

 

 

“So I guess you’ll still hold the undefeated title.” Hyun Joong continued, still holding the girl’s gaze. She nodded.

 

 

“I don’t really know. I have this feeling that I might not be able to hold it quite longer in the next competition. We had a close fight. I’m pretty sure you’re just a little rusty.” The girl complemented.

 

 

“Hey guys!” Yoshi came up to them smiling. He shook both Hyun Joong and the girl’s hands.

 

 

“So you have met Im Jinah…our new recruit. She’s popularly known as Nana.” Yoshi told Hyun Joong proudly.

 

 

Nana. Why did the name sound so familiar?

 

 

Hyun Joong thought. He held out his hand again to Nana.

 

 

“Kim Hyun Joong.” He said firmly.

 

 

“I know who you are.” Nana replied knowingly.

 

 

“You look awfully familiar. But I’m not quite sure of how we met.” Hyun Joong commented honestly. Yoshi tapped his shoulder and winked at Nana.

 

 

“You probably saw her with cute little sushi outfits dancing cutely.” And it suddenly dawned on Hyun Joong on where he saw her. And the recognition was obvious on Hyun Joong’s face.

 

 

“Stop it Yoshi. He’s too busy to be bothered with Kpop music videos. You know how I don’t like being reminded of what I do when I’m off camera.” Nana tried fending Yoshi off and stared at him coldly. Yoshi raised his hand and walked away, obviously afraid of Nana.

 

 

“Actually, I was just watching you on MCountdown the other night. My friends and I were having a stag party watching the music show while drinking red wine.” Hyun Joong said honestly. He chuckled at Nana’s blushing face.

 

 

“Wait, aren’t you supposed to be on another Music Show or something…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter