The Reluctant Proposal

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Look Chaerin, whatever you hear in there, I need you to calm down. We’ll talk after it’s all done.  Okay?” Seung Hyun gripped Chaerin’s shoulders and looked at her straight in the eyes. Chaerin could only nod. Her heart was beating so loud against her chest she could barely hear his words. Her eyes were fluttering, barely concentrating on the whole point of the event because she was so close to Seung Hyun’s face and she could see the lines on his lips.

 

 

They were about to enter the ancestral house of Seung Hyun’s family. It was a huge Victorian Mansion in the exclusive part of Gangnam that could almost size up to two mansions. Everything was adorned with gold and white. The place looked like no kid ever lived in it because it had this classy, elegant and royal vibe. Seung Hyun was held Chaerin’s hand tightly as they walked inside the library of the house where they saw Seung Hyun’s parents and their family attorney Mr. Lee.

 

 

Seung Hyun’s mother was dressed in all white and was adorned with pearl accessories. She looked elegant, classy and untouchable. She had this aura that’ll make you feel inferior and privileged enough to be in her presence.

 

 

Seung Hyun’s father gave Chaerin a malicious smirk. At first glance you can very well see that Seung Hyun’s father had his way with the ladies. His ruthless playboy aura was commanding.

 

 

“Dad, Mom, this is Chaerin. Chaerin, this is my mom and dad.” Seung Hyun said curtly. Seung Hyun’s mother gave her a curt nod and then turned away while Seung Hyun’s dad walked towards them and held Chaerin’s hand and kissed it, his lips lingering until Seung Hyun cleared his throat and drew Chaerin near him by the waist.

 

 

“You’ve met Mr. Lee at the hospital” Mr. Lee gave Chaerin a warm smile in which Chaerin gladly returned.

 

 

Seung Hyun and Chaerin sat together. He leaned over to Chaerin which startled her as she felt his breath against her neck.

 

 

“Remember the little show we did for grandpa before he died?” Seung Hyun whispered unto Chaerin’s ear. She sat still and felt her body being sensitized just by being near Seung Hyun’s. She slowly nodded.

 

 

“Well Grandpa took it way to seriously. Whatever you hear, I beg you not to make any violent reactions in front of my parents. We’ll talk at GQ Office later. Okay?” Seung Hyun pleaded.

 

 

“Let’s begin.” Mr. Lee announced to no one in particular. Chaerin heard Seung Hyun let out one deep heavy sigh. He squeezed Chaerin’s hand again.

 

 

“It’s show time Chaerin.” He whispered.

 

 

Then the reading of the will began.

 

 

Shock was way too mild for a word to describe what Chaerin felt upon hearing Seung Hyun’s grand father’s condition.

 

                “I hereby assign all my shares to Choi Industries Group of Companies to my grandson Choi           Seung Hyun if he marries his girlfriend Lee Chaerin within six months commencing from my death.Otherwise, all my shares will redound to the benefit of my son in law Choi Kwan Hee.”

 

It took Chaerin a great deal of self control to contain her reaction. She could see Seung Hyun’s father throwing them a menacing look. He was obviously mad for being left with nothing but a mere chance of Seung Hyun non compliance with his grandfather’s condition. Seung Hyun’s mother was just flippant because she already got her trust fund that would last her till her dying days. She never really cared about his father’s business.

 

 

Seung Hyun and Chaerin drove silently to his office. Chaerin couldn’t speak. She didn’t know where to start in the first place.

 

 

She’s been missing Seung Hyun for weeks and only a fool would not notice that he’s been avoiding a confrontation with her. Now she knew why.

 

 

How dare he throw her in that situation without the least bit of warning? How dare he make her miss him so bad? How dare he say all those things during their dinner as if it wasn’t a warning but a promise? How dare he make her want him so desperately?

 

 

They headed straight to his office and Chaerin shut the door behind her. She was breathing heavily and looked straight at Seung Hyun.

 

 

“How dare you…” Chaerin uttered each word with venom as she looked straight at Seung Hyun.

 

 

“You have no right to bring me in there without the least bit of warning. You could have the decency to at least tell me…” Chaerin said accusingly.

 

 

Seung Hyun sat on his chair and covered his face with his hands and rubbed it agonizingly before raking his fingers through his hair. A stressful grunt escapes his lips.

 

 

Chaerin could see the torment Seung Hyun has gone through the past weeks. She felt a bit guilty for her out burst because Seung Hyun looked like he’d be exploding at any moment. He was breathing heavily and looked like he was counting from one to three just to control himself.

 

 

“Chaerin…look…” Seung Hyun’s was fixated on his desk and dragged unto her face. She could see agony he’s been through. She felt it.

 

 

“The reason why I haven’t told you about it because for the past weeks I’ve been trying to get out of grandpa’s condition…I’ve been consulting my legal team if the will could be contested…we’ve been trying to see a loophole in the amendment of his will…we tried contesting grandpa’s mental state at the time he made the amendment…but that prick is smarter than I though he was…”

 

 

“I’ve been consulting the board of directors of grandpa’s company on their stance…if they think I’m reliable enough to be their CEO…I’ve been trying to appease all our investors, promising that business will run as usual despite of grandpa’s death…”

 

 

“I’ve barely even have time to mourn for grandpa’s death. That sneaky prick threw all his workload on me without warning. He could’ve given me at least a month to sort things out…I still have GQ Korea to worry about…”

 

 

“…I’m sorry…I’m sorry you have to be involved in all this chaos…I’m sorry you have to witness my father trying to flirt with you…I’m sorry you have to be snubbed like a nobody by my mother…don’t take it personally…she also does that to me…I’m sorry you have to involved with grandpa’s devious tactics…”

 

 

“I know it’s a lot to take…” Seung Hyun looked down and rubbed his face with his palms again. Chaerin walked towards him and gripped on his shoulder, giving him the comfort he obviously needed.

 

 

“I don’t deserve your pity nor compassion Chaerin…”

 

 

“I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter