For All the World to See

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 
"Oppa..." Minzy mumbled after bumping into Yoochun at the wedding reception. Yoochun has been looking for her ever since he arrived. Yoochun had to stop and stare at her for a moment. He couldn't find the words to describe how beautiful she looked in his eyes.
 
 

 

"You look..." Yoochun held his breath. For a moment he felt like he died and went to heaven and came back to life again.
 
 

 

"Wow...you look wow..." Yoochun felt dumb upon hearing himself. Minzy looked up and gave him a shy smile.
 
 

 

"Thank you..." Minzy straightened her gown. She looked like a young princess from the Joseon Dynasty and Yoochun had this sudden urge of becoming her protector.
 
 

 

Minzy bit her lip. They haven't really had the chance of talking alone ever since she moved in with Sandara. Yoochun, for some reasons, had his schedule fully booked on the day she was set to move out of his house. Truth being, he just didn't want to see her go. It hurt him too much to see her move out. His house never felt so empty ever since Minzy left...it's like he dreads coming home to an empty house.
 
 

 

"How are you Minzy? Have you settled in Dara noona's apartment?" Yoochun asked eagerly. He wanted to tell her how much he misses her to a point that it hurts.
 
 

 

"I'm great. I feel like I have an instant older sister. She's taking care of me well..." Minzy shared, feigning enthusiasm. She didn't want to let him know that no matter how much Sandara made her feel welcome, she still misses going home to Yoochun's apartment. She misses being with him.
 
 

 

"That's good..." Yoochun said curtly. He gave her a diplomatic smile, trying to hide the tinge of disappointment because she didn't miss him...not even a little bit.
 
 

 

"Minzy...I...I..." Yoochun lifted his hand wanting to touch her cheek and pull her close to him. Minzy looked up and noticed a few on lookers that recognized Yoochun. For some reasons, whenever she is with him, she forgets that Yoochun is one of the biggest celebrities in Asia. Whenever she is with him, she only sees the handsome oppa...her knight in shining armor. Reality only bites whenever they're out in public and fans follow him everywhere he goes. Part of the reason why they haven't found the time to be alone together is because Minzy has been avoiding Yoochun after their encounter with his father. She didn't want to give Yoochun any more trouble.
 
 

 

Minzy noticed that they were slowly gathering the attention just because of Yoochun's recognizable presence and so she took a step back and looked down.
 
 

 

"Oppa...I have to go. Dara unnie is waiting for me." Minzy turned her back abruptly and started walking away leaving Yoochun no time to respond.
 
 

 

Yoochun looked down in disappointment. He absentmindedly grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and downed it in one shot. Before the waiter could take a few steps away, Yoochun called him again and grabbed two more glasses and then he let the waiter go.
 
 

 

"Are you that thirsty?" Hyun Joong stood beside Yoochun and Jaejoong came a few seconds afterwards. Yoochun ignored Hyun Joong and downed the second glass, placing it down a nearby table.
 
 

 

"What's the matter with him? His period?" Jaejoong asked Hyun Joong.
 
 

 

"I'm surprised you even asked. You know he only gets so wound up because of one reason. Minzy." Hyun Joong said matter-of-factly.
 
 

 

Jaejoong placed his arm over Yoochun's shoulders, pulling him sideways.
 
 

 

"Do you want us to talk to Minzy?" Jaejoong asked. Yoochun looked at him and shook his head.
 

 

 
"I don't want to trouble any of you about this...each of us have enough troubles on our own..." Yoochun said somberly.
 
 

 

"Come on, you know we have each other's back. We help each other out no matter how sticky the situation is." Jaejoong told him assuringly.
 
 

 

"We're more than blood brothers. At this point, if any of us kills someone, we'd help him hide the body and keep the secret to our graves." Hyun Joong said in a cold tone but his eyes were very comforting.
 
 

 

"Yeah, you'd help out hide the body but I bet you'd about it and nag on why the hell you became friends with a bunch of criminals." Yoochun said chuckling, forgetting his troubles for a moment.
 
 

 

"Yeah...that sounds just like what I'd say. But I'd still help out anyway." Hyun Joong smirked at him. Yoochun and Jaejoong laughed at him. After their laughter died down, Hyun Joong and Jaejoong just looked at Yoochun in silence. They were looking at each other urging the other to say something. Hyun Joong took a deep breath and then finally says.
 
 

 

"Of all the beautiful women that offered themselves to you in a silver platter...you chose to fall in love with a barely legal young girl. Ironic isn't it?" Hyun Joong uttered with a sigh, embracing Yoochun sideways.
 
 

 

"I am really not surprised...because you've been showing the Dirty Old Man tendencies way back when we were in middle school. I remember you helping out two young girls build sand castles when we visited the beach..." Jaejoong reminisced, embracing Yoochun sideways too.
 
 

 

"Oh yeah, I remember that. I was pissed that you ditched us because you wanted to help them and so I threw our beach volleyball on the sand castle." Hyun Joong said with a soft smile.
 
 

 

"You made those girls cry." Yoochun playfully elbowed Hyun Joong's ribs.
 
 

 

"Yeah. I did..." Hyun Joong sighed.
 

 

 
"Everything's going to be all right. We've been through worse." Jaejoong assured both of his friends, reminding them of their darkest days...the time when they were still young...when Jaejoong's parents died...when Hyun Joong's twin brother died...when Seung Hyun's mother tried to commit suicide and when Yoochun's father disowned him right after his mother died...they all shared their darkest days together. And although they don't really like pouring their hearts out with each other...just being together is more than enough.
 
 

 

 
*****
 

 

 

“I thought you were getting us drinks?” Sandara asked Minzy, her brows furrowed noticing Minzy a bit preoccupied. She took a few steps closer to Minzy and held her shoulders.

 

 

“Hey…are you okay?” Sandara asked in a softer voice.

 

 

Minzy finally got out of her reverie. She took a deep breath and noticed her unnie checking to see if she’s okay. Minzy nodded in response.

 

 

“I’m fine unnie…I…I…forgot to get our drinks…” Minzy feigned a laugh. She was too consumed with seeing Yoochun earlier that she forgot to get their drinks.

 

 

“That’s okay.” Sandara murmured.

 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay Minzy? You look like your mind is somewhere else.” Sandara asked a little bit worried. Minzy gave her an assuring smile.

 

 

“I’m okay. I just bumped into Yoochun oppa earlier. I guess I was a bit surprised to finally see him again. It feels like I haven’t seen him since forever…I just…” Minzy couldn’t find the right words to say. She opened but couldn’t bring herself to speak.

 

 

“You just realized how much you missed him the moment you saw him again…” Sandara took the words out of . Minzy didn’t deny it anymore and so she just nodded.

 

 

“Believe me…I know how that feels.” Sandara said softly and looked across the hall and saw Jaejoong looking right at her with a smile on his face.

 

 

“But I guess he doesn’t feel the same way…he didn’t even seem to want to talk to me earlier.” Minzy’s voice fell. Her head fell down and her shoulders slumped, recalling Yoochun giving her his diplomatic smile like she was just one of his fans.

 

 

“Oh Minzy…I’m sure he misses you. He’s practically been texting and calling me 100 times a day just to check up on you. He’s crazy about you.” Sandara smiled at Minzy, shaking her head a bit.

 

 

“If you only knew how much he’s bothered me ever since you moved in with me. Checking if we already ate, if we’re going to sleep, telling me to buy the banana milk that you love so much.” Sandara chuckled, amused at Yoochun and Minzy.

 

 

“Oh.” Minzy was surprised to hear what Sandara said. She can’t imagine Yoochun bothering Sandara so much because of her.

 

 

“Yes. Oh. So don’t fret too much. Maybe your Yoochun oppa is a bit shy because we’re in public. I’m sure he wants to smother you with his love when he gets to have you all to himself.” Sandara teased, leaving Minzy blushing immensely.

 

 

“Unnie…” Minzy bit her lip and tried covering her blushing cheeks.

 

 

“Oh my goodness! Yoochun is in big trouble. He must’ve fallen hard and fast for your aegyo.” Sandara gasped. She laughed when Minzy blushed even more.

 

 

“Stop it unnie.” Minzy mumbled.

 

 

“I’ll stop as long as you stop feeling so down. I’ll make sure he sends you home later tonight so both of you can be alone.” Sandara whispered.

 

 

Just then, Minzy’s phone rang.

 

 

“Uhm wait unnie. I need to take this call.” Minzy suddenly went nervous when she saw the person calling on the other line. She turned her back on Sandara and stepped away for a bit but Sandara could still hear her.

 

 

“Yes hello Mr. Kim? This is Minzy speaking.” Minzy spoke softly.

 

 

“Right now?” Minzy raised her voice a little bit.

 

 

“Uhm well…is it okay if we meet on another time?” Minzy asked hesitantly.

 

 

“I see…okay…I’ll be there. Thank you.” Minzy disconnected the call and placed it back on her pocket. She faced Sandara again.

 

 

“Who was that?” Sandara asked.

 

 

“Mr. Kim…uhm…I need to go unnie…I have to meet him…” Minzy was stuttering, avoiding as much eye contact with Sandara as she could.

 

 

“What for? Can’t it wait another day?” Sandara persisted, trying to understand what’s so important about the meeting.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter