Sea Breeze

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun kept his promise and went back to his Grams’ place that weekend. He and Chaerin didn’t get to talk things out after her confession. He honestly didn’t know what to say to her. He didn’t want to hurt Chaerin and he didn’t want her to expect anything from him. From the very start he didn’t want her to be caught up in his mess. As much as possible, he wanted to shield her away from any of his mess…he wanted to prevent anything that might cause her to get too attached with his problems because that would only make it harder for her to let go once the year is over.

 

 

“Oppa!” Minzy greeted and embraced him tightly upon seeing him by the door. Seung Hyun smiled and embraced her back, caressing her back like a big brother.

 

 

“How’s my Minzy?” Seung Hyun murmured in her hair as they kept their embrace. Minzy just kept quiet.

 

 

“You’re still not okay? I’m here for you. We’re all here for you. Remember that.” Seung Hyun said earnestly. Grams appeared carrying his baby brother. Seung Hyun went immediately went towards the baby and carried him.

 

 

“You’re going to be a great dad someday oppa…” Minzy said softly, peering at the baby that Seung Hyun was carrying. Seung Hyun smiled at her sadly and shook his head.

 

 

“I have no plans of having a baby of my own Minzy…” Seung Hyun answered while looking at the baby.

 

 

“But why oppa? What if Chaerin unnie wants to have a baby?” Minzy asked innocently. Before Seung Hyun could answer Minzy’s question, someone knocked on the door. Grams’ opened it.

 

 

“Hyung!” Seung Hyun greeted and walked towards the door.

 

 

“Oh Dara noona, you’re also here…” Seung Hyun greeted.

 

 

“She wanted to check on Minzy as soon as she found out what happened.” Hyun Joong answered curtly. He looked down at the baby and gently patted the baby’s head.

 

 

“Look at my cute baby brother Dara noona, isn’t he such a cutie?” Seung Hyun innocently handed the baby towards Sandara. She froze on the spot. She felt so uneasy just seeing a baby because it just reminded her of what happened to her own.

 

 

“Dara’s tired. Can we have a glass of water?” Hyun Joong held on to Sandara’s elbow and led her inside, immediately noticing her uneasiness. She silently thanked him for his gesture. Minzy went to the kitchen to get the glass of water for Hyun Joong and Sandara.

 

 

Hyun Joong led Sandara to one of the couches and then he went back to Seung Hyun. He got the baby from him and carried him.

 

 

“I talked to Yoochun right before going here…he’s a complete mess. He feels guilty for Eunji’s death.” Hyun Joong told Seung Hyun seriously.

 

 

“He didn’t know Eunji was already awake. He didn’t know that she had amnesia. It was no one’s fault. He’s just naturally a blabbermouth.” Seung Hyun replied.

 

 

“That’s what I told him. How’s Minzy coping?” Hyun Joong sighed and touched the baby’s cheek with his thumb.

 

 

“Grams says she hears Minzy cry at night thinking that Grams is already sleeping. She’s putting up a front that she’s strong and still not letting herself grieve for her sister’s death.” Seung Hyun answered sadly.

 

 

Minzy arrived with the water. Hyun Joong handed the baby back to Seung Hyun and got the two glasses of water from Minzy and then he went to Dara to give her a glass. Minzy cooed on the baby as Seung Hyun carried him.

 

 

“He looks so peaceful and happy…” Minzy murmured as the baby wrapped its tiny little fingers around Minzy’s index finger.

 

 

“Babies are supposed to be like that…” Seung Hyun answered. There was silence between them and the baby’s gurgling noises were all they could hear.

 

 

“Minzy…” Minzy looked up and held Seung Hyun’s gaze.

 

 

“I know what you’re going through…I also just recently lost a loved one…my grandfather…I’m always here for you okay? Please understand Yoochun…he’s a passionate man…he’s the kind of man that will go to any lengths just to protect the one he loves…you know that he’s just naturally a man that can’t keep secrets even if his life depended on it…that’s why he’s always had a squeaky clean image because if he did something in secret, he won’t be able to keep it from everyone…” Seung Hyun looked at Minzy earnestly.

 

 

“I…I don’t really blame Yoochun oppa…it’s just that…whenever I look at him…it always reminds me of the shocked and traumatized look on Eunji’s face right before she had a seizure and died…I don’t think I can force myself to see him just yet…I’m still not ready…I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…” Minzy answered, swallowing back her tears.

 

 

“Hey…don’t cry Minzy…it’s okay…” Seung appeased Minzy.

 

 

“Tell you what…I’m going to give you a task which I’m sure will preoccupy you for the coming days…I’m going to let you name my baby brother…make sure you think about it real hard okay?” Seung Hyun smiled upon seeing Minzy’s eyes lighting up.

 

 

“Okay oppa! I’ll make sure he’ll have a great name.” Minzy smiled and embraced Seung Hyun, with the baby gently cushioned between them.

 

 

“Thank you oppa…for being so good to me…for having a big heart and for taking care of me…” Minzy whispered.

 

 

*****

 

 

As Sandara watched Seung Hyun and Minzy play with the baby, she couldn’t help but feel this void in her heart. She could’ve had a baby growing inside her but with just a snap of a finger it was all gone. Nothing can bring back the life of the baby she lost. Somehow, deep inside her, she felt really guilty. She had the gnawing feeling inside her ever since she knew she was delayed. She felt the dreaded truth that she kept on delaying in her mind. She should’ve used that pregnancy test kit. She should’ve used it. She shouldn’t have drank that much.

 

 

If only she took care of her health more…if only she did…her baby would still be alive today.

 

 

Sandara silently excused herself and walked outside the house and towards the beach. When she got out, she ran as fast as she could towards the beach and stopped a few feet from the shore. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter