The Drifters

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Do you think she’ll talk to me Seung Hyun?” Yoochun asked Seung Hyun nervously. The car was parked right in front of Grams’ house. Yoochun wanted to say goodbye to Minzy before he leaves Seoul. He’ll be leaving for Geneva in a couple of days.

 

 

“Of course she’s going to talk to you. Minzy isn’t mad at you…she’s just grieving…” Seung Hyun assured Yoochun. They stepped outside the car, the sun was about to set as they went inside the house. Grams told them that Minzy was by the beach. Yoochun went out to the beach to search for Minzy.

 

 

He saw her looking at the sunset taking pictures through her DSLR camera. He quietly watched Minzy take pictures of shells while the waves crash on them.

 

 

Minzy had a lot of growing up to do. Yoochun had long realized that. And he didn’t want his love to smother Minzy as she spread her wings and grow up to be the fine woman that she’s destined to be.

 

 

He didn’t want to interrupt Minzy as she was busy taking pictures but Minzy became aware of his presence as she looked towards Grams’ house. Minzy took her hold off the camera and it hung on her through the camera lace. She stopped and watched Yoochun took steps towards her.

 

 

Yoochun sent her a faint smile.

 

 

“I miss you.” Yoochun’s voice was restrained as if he was preventing himself from touching her and locking her in his arms. He took a few steps further.

 

 

“How are you Minzy?” He asked gently.

 

 

“Oppa…” Minzy uttered shakily.

 

 

“I know you don’t want to see me…don’t worry…I won’t be long…I just need to see you before I go…” Yoochun interrupted Minzy before she could finish her reply. Minzy gave him a questioning look upon hearing him.

 

 

“I’m going away for a long time Minzy…I’ve accepted a role for a Hollywood film…and we’re also in talks for a couple of other films…I’ll be leaving for Geneva in two days.” Yoochun dropped his news and Minzy was quite unsure on how to react.

 

 

“How long will you be gone?” Minzy asked in a soft whisper.

 

 

“I don’t know…” He answered honestly.

 

 

“Seung Hyun promised that he will take care of you…and he already told me of your plans in going to college while working for GQ. I don’t have doubts. I know you can do it…you’ve always been hard working and selfless…that’s one of the reasons why I fell in love with you…”

 

 

“I know you never really promised to love me back, nor did you ever declare how you felt about me…I was always the one imposing my feelings on you…I don’t even know if you just feel grateful or if you really do have feelings for me…”

 

 

“But oppa I do…” Yoochun pressed Minzy’s lips with his finger, hushing her.

 

 

“Whatever it is that you feel about me might still change…you need time for yourself…you need to live your life without anyone pulling you back…you have a lot of growing up to do…and I love you so much that I’m willing to stay away from you while you do all of those things…because I know that if I stay with you, I’ll only pull you back.”

 

 

“But make no mistake Minzy…don’t ever doubt my feelings for you because I’m insanely in love with you. That will never change. I’m willing to wait for you…I’m going to wait... however long it takes…I’ll be here.” Yoochun pressed his lips unto Minzy’s, giving her a heartfelt kiss that sent her knees weak. Minzy’s tears fell from her eyes, feeling the gentle yet fierce kiss she shared with Yoochun. She wanted the kiss to go on forever but Yoochun already pulled away.

 

 

“I love you Minzy…” Yoochun whispered unto Minzy’s lips.

 

 

Minzy was in a daze, feeling as though she went in flew to heaven with a single kiss and she wanted a taste of it again but as soon as Minzy open her eyes, she only saw a retreating figure of Yoochun. Not far away from the house, was Seung Hyun waiting for Yoochun while carrying his baby brother.

 

 

“I love you too…” Minzy whispered, tears uncontrollably falling from her eyes, watching Yoochun and Seung Hyun disappear from her eyes.

 

 

*****

 

 

Jaejoong was sprawled on the couch, his hair was disheveled, the empty bottles of whiskey and wine were on the table and he was still on his yesterday’s suit sans jacket, his tie loosened. He was in his deep drunken sleep and didn’t even stir despite the relentless buzzing of his door.

 

 

About half an hour of the door buzzing, it was eventually opened. Junsu, Jaejoong’s secretary got in nervously and ushered in Jaejoong’s grandfather. They walked down the hall of Jaejoong’s villa and found Jaejoong in the living room. Junsu rushed to Jaejoong and tried to wake him up by shaking him. Jaejoong’s grandfather sat on the couch opposite Jaejoong as assisted by his helper.

 

 

Jaejoong finally woke up. He rubbed his eyes and he slowly sat up, shoving Junsu’s hands away that were trying to assist him. Everyone was silently watching him closely.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong finally asked his grandfather. The old man’s eyes narrowed at him, holding on to his cane.

 

 

“I thought that I already gave you enough time to get your act together but it seems like you haven’t learn anything in Oxford University.” His father grated. Jaejoong looked away.

 

 

“You left our company in the lurch for a whole week and here I am seeing you in your drunken stupor. Is that the becoming of my company’s CEO?” Jaejoong kept quiet, not wanting to talk back to his grandfather.

 

 

“I would’ve thought you should be over that girl by now. I did everything I could to get her away from you. I don’t want you associating with that girl. She’s not good enough for you.” His father said grimly. Jaejoong was shaken. He slowly turned his head and looked at his grandfather.

 

 

“What did you do? What exactly did you do?” Jaejoong asked his grandfather.

 

 

“I told her that I’d pursue the case against her aunt if she keeps on associating with you.” The old man said casually as if he was telling his grandson a random matter.

 

 

“You blackmailed her!?” Jaejoong raised his voice, shock by what he just heard.

 

 

“She has worked hard enough to pay for what her aunt embezzled!!! You were cruel and heartless that you didn’t even give her any salary! What has she ever done to you that you hate her so much?” Jaejoong demanded fiercely. Junsu was trying to calm him down but Jaejoong wasn’t hearing any of it.

 

 

“I don’t want you associating with a lawless girl like her!!!” His grandfather fired back.

 

 

“Well, you should be happy now because she already left me!!! She left me because of you and because I couldn’t even fight for her…Dara’s gone…my baby’s gone…and that leaves me with nothing…absolutely nothing…” Jaejoong broke down but his grandfather was still as emotionless as he first arrived in his villa.

 

 

“She’s just another girl, you’ll get over her immediately. I’ve arranged for you to meet the granddaughter of the Lee’s...”

 

 

“No.” Jaejoong interrupted his grandfather.

 

 

“I will not give in to your orders; I am not one of your puppets.” Jaejoong grated as he looked at his grandfather with utter determination.

 

 

“And what are you going to do? Run after that girl?” The old man asked with sarcasm.

 

 

“I’d do anything to get her back…I’d give up everything to get her back…but I don’t even know if she’s willing to take me back…I don’t deserve someone like Dara. I’ve been selfish all this time. All I ever thought was myself…I was insensitive with what she was going through…all I cared about was that I love her very much to a point I was already blinded by my love that I couldn’t even see how hard she was suffering…”

 

 

“If you ever interfere in Dara or her aunt’s life again…if you ever make her suffer ever again…I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter