Tired of Pretending

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This chapter is dedicated to BaddestFemale2o!   Thank you so much for making me a story poster!!!   I really love it!!

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Hyun Joong stopped from his tracks as soon as he laid eyes on Bom. He just dropped off Sandara in her office and he was surprised to see Bom in the hotel. Bom looked like she was caught red handed. Her facial expression showed that she was trying to battle with herself whether or not she should lie or tell the truth.

 

 

“I..I…I was just around the area…” Bom’s voice was shaking.

 

 

“You were following me.” Hyun Joong quickly interrupted her. Bom felt defeated. There was no point in lying to him anymore. Bom just hung her head low.

 

 

“Un…” Bom moaned in agreement. Hyun Joong raked his fingers through his hair, he took a deep breath and shook his head.

 

 

“And what good did it bring you when you followed me around?” Hyun Joong asked sarcastically.

 

 

“Nothing.” Bom bit her lip.

 

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” Hyun Joong sighed in dismay. He started walking pass Bom but she got hold of his wrist to stop him. He could feel her warmth through his skin. His gaze trailed on to her hand that was holding him. He was bewildered at how her touch felt so warm against him.

 

 

“What were you doing with her? Isn’t she Jaejoong’s girlfriend? Do you like her?” Bom asked.

 

 

“Do you think I’d be low enough to steal my best friend’s girl? You clearly don’t know a single thing about me.” Hyun Joong gave her an ice cold stare. He shoved her hand away and started walking again but before he could stretch the gap between them, Bom ran towards him and embraced him from behind.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I just miss you so much. You haven’t been answering any of my calls and my messages. I’m sorry.” Bom whispered and tightened her hold around his waist.

 

 

Hyun Joong took a deep breath. He could feel the softness of Bom on his back. He closed his eyes, getting weary of the attention they were starting to gather. He placed his hand on top of Bom’s hands and slowly untangled it from his waist. Bom resisted. Hyun Joong tried to loosen Bom’s hold but she didn’t want to give up.

 

 

“Let’s spend some time together. I miss you.” Bom uttered sincerely.

 

 

Hyun Joong agreed to spend time with Bom just so they could get out of the hotel since they were already causing a scene. Bom brought him over to where she was working. They were in a private room of the patisserie of the hotel Bom was working.

 

 

Hyun Joong was waiting alone in the private room. Bom insisted that she bring him there. He wasn’t a very patient man but Bom was pushing her luck.

 

 

Bom came inside the private room along with a few of her assistants. They brought out cakes and laid it on the table.

 

 

“I know you already had lunch with Yoochun and Dara…so I thought you might like dessert.” Bom said nervously.

 

 

Hyun Joong grimaced at the cakes laid out in front of him. If it were someone else, they would have drooled over the cakes and immediately finish it off because all of the cakes looked so delicious.

 

 

“I made all the cakes for you…” Bom smiled at him. She was deafened by Hyun Joong’s grueling silence. Hyun Joong just stared at her blankly. Bom shakily took a slice off of the chocolate strawberry ice cream cake she made and placed it in front of Hyun Joong.

 

 

“Please have some…” Bom urged. Hyun Joong crossed his arms over his chest and kept silent.

 

 

“Please…just even a little…please…” Bom pleaded but he was unresponsive.

 

 

“Please….if you have a taste then maybe you’d remember…” Bom said.

 

 

Hyun Joong’s patience went down the drain. He slammed his hands on the table, making the plate and utensils bounce.

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I…DO…NOT…LIKE…SWEETS…I…HATE…STRAWBERRIES…just the mere smell of it makes me vomit…” Hyun Joong’s eyes were grim.

 

 

“You don’t hate it…” Bom’s voice trailed off.

 

 

“What do you know about me? You have no idea who I am. You think you got me all figured out? Think again. If you really love me as you claim to…I wouldn’t have to tell you these things twice…” Hyun Joong was seething. He closed the gap between their faces, his gaze was piercing right through her.

 

 

“Tell me something Bom…did someone put you through this? Everything you’re doing…is this some scheme or is this something you just want to do? Do you really love me or do you just love the idea of me?”

 

 

“I love you…you have to believe me…I love you…” Bom said sincerely. Hyun Joong straightened. He fixed his suit and loosened his tie a little bit, never leaving Bom’s gaze. He snarled at Bom who was frozen from where she was standing.

 

 

“Isn’t it a wonder…because even though I hear you saying it…I don’t really feel that it’s meant for me.” With that, Hyun Joong left her.

 

 

On his way out, Hyun Joong’s phone started ringing. He looked at his phone and saw his father calling him. He wanted to end the call but he knew that he would just call again.

 

 

“What can I do for you father?” Hyun Joong asked seriously. His voice had this dreadful tone implanted in it.

 

 

“Your mother needs you.” Hyun Joong’s father answered.

 

 

“How long do we have to keep this façade? I’m tired of this.” Hyun Joong took a deep sigh as he walked towards his car. He got his car keys to unlock his car. He sat in the driver’s seat and gripped on the steering wheel.

 

 

“Son…” His father didn’t need to say anything more. Hyun Joong knew that he could never go against his parents.

 

 

“I’ll be right over.” Hyun Joong ended the call and drove fast.

 

 

*****

 

 

Hyun Joong arrived at his parent’s mansion. He stopped his car right in front of the mansion where their butler was waiting. He gave his keys to the butler.

 

 

“How is she?” Hyun Joong asked the butler.

 

 

“She is not well young master…She’s having another breakdown.” The butler answered politely.

 

 

“I’d better get inside.” Hyun Joong looked at the huge mansion and his face looked like seeing the mansion evoked a lot of unwanted memories in him. He once called this mansion as his home but ever since what happened fifteen years ago, things had never been the same. Every good memory he had in the mansion was now tainted.

 

 

“It’s so nice to see you again master Hyun Joong…” the butler bowed politely as Hyun Joong proceeded inside the mansion.

 

 

Hyun Joong walked inside th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter