Shadow

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Before Jaejoong could say anything more, and before Sandara broke down in front of Jaejoong, Hyun Joong blocked Sandara from Jaejoong’s view. His eyes pierced coldly at Jaejoong, the muscles on his jaw clenching as he tried controlling himself from punching Jaejoong.

 

 

“Go directly to my car, Dara. Wait for me there.” Hyun Joong uttered in a low voice. At first Sandara didn’t move, it was as if the whole house stood still.

 

 

“Now!" Hyun Joong fired. Sandara quickly walked out without even giving Jaejoong nor anyone a glance.

 

 

“You have the nerve to question Dara? You have no right to be mad at her. Ask your grandfather what he did. You might just be able to see pass through your blind rage.” Hyun Joong spoke the words with fury.

 

 

“If you can’t defend her when she’s already crumbling into pieces right under your nose then you don’t deserve her at all. If you can’t take care of her…I will do it.” Hyun Joong threw Jaejoong an icy smile.

 

 

“You have the gall to accuse me of stealing Dara away from you? Don’t push me Jaejoong…because I might just actually steal her away from you and trust me…you will regret it.” Hyun Joong turned his back on Jaejoong. He just nodded at Seung Hyun, then he went towards Minzy to caress her hair and Hyun Joong told her to take care of herself. He bade goodbye to Grams before going to his car.

 

 

Hyun Joong found Sandara sitting in his car looking so distraught and tired. He got in to his car and studied her closely. He sighed and reached for her hand and squeezed it, giving her comfort.

 

 

“It’s going to be okay. Trust me. I’ll make sure of it.” Hyun Joong assured Sandara. She gave him a faint uncertain smile.

 

 

“We’re going to get your things and make sure that you bring your passport. You’re going to need it a few days from now.” Hyun Joong continued.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Sandara asked shakily.

 

 

“I’m taking you away from here. Somewhere safe. We’ll plan what we need to do against Jaejoong’s grandfather. You’ll have to trust me now Dara.”

 

 

*****

 

 

That following Monday, Hyun Joong went back to his office to pick up some of his things. His secretary greeted him and rushed to his side, he was trying to tell him something but Hyun Joong wasn’t listening to him at all and he just walked straight ahead towards his office.

 

 

He stopped and looked at his father waiting for him in his office. His father looked like he was about to explode any minute. Hyun Joong just sighed and placed his hands inside his pockets and squared his shoulders. He looked at his father, waiting for him to speak.

 

 

“What the hell is the meaning of this!?” His father held out a crumpled piece of paper in his hand.

 

 

“I suppose you already read through it. A hundred times for sure. I don’t think it could be any clearer.” Hyun Joong shrugged and walked around the office, stopping right on his desk. He started picking up his personal files, placing it on the table.

 

 

“You can’t do this!!!” His father fumed. Hyun Joong finally looked up and gave his father a withering gaze.

 

 

“I’ve already done it father. I quit. I’ve already finished the last business that I need to. The last artifact that we need is already on its way here. My secretary can hold this fort for a few days while you adjust. I’m sure you won’t have a hard time getting used to it again. Although I’m not sorry to say that you’ll have to cut back on your time with your mistress.” Hyun Joong placed the last of his personal things in his bag and closed it. He looked around the office, as if relishing it, having his last look.

 

 

“You can’t do this. You can’t leave. Your mother will be devastated.” His father threatened.

 

 

“You can’t use that on me anymore father. I’ve had enough of you using mom against me. You can’t use my guilt anymore because I’ve already paid my dues.” Hyun Joong replied coldly and walked towards the door.

 

 

“Goodbye. As of this moment, I severe all my ties from you. Have a nice life.” Hyun Joong left without having any regrets.

 

 

*****

 

 

Hyun Joong turned off his car. They were at the airport. He looked at Sandara and sensed that she was still unsure of what she should do.

 

 

“It’s going to be okay. My private jet will take you to Tokyo. Someone will be there to take you to my house. I just need to take care of a few more things and I’ll follow you right away. I need to make sure that your aunt is safe. Trust me Dara.” Hyun Joong said gently.

 

 

“What about your work? You can’t do this all for me Hyun Joong…you have your own life…you can’t just drop everything…” Sandara protested but she was cut off with Hyun Joong hushing her.

 

 

“I didn’t have a life Dara…I was living behind my twin brother’s shadow. I’ve done the things my twin brother was supposed to do if he were alive. He was the one who was interested in art. I never wanted to be a curator.” Hyun Joong gave out a bitter smile, his eyes looking outside where they were preparing his private jet.

 

 

“And now…I’m going to live my life. I’m going to be me. I’m just tagging you along for the ride…because you need someone to help you deal with your grief…and I’m here. I’m right here for you.” Hyun Joong smiled.

 

 

“Thank you.” Sandara murmured. The chauffer opened the door and bent over to tell Hyun Joong that the private jet is ready. Hyun Joong stepped out of the car and went around it to open the car door for Dara.

 

 

She stood in front of him. They both had this icy expression on their faces but they both knew from their gazes that they were cheering each other on...telling each other they can get through this.

 

 

“You’ll be fine. They will take care of you. I’ll follow you in Tokyo as soon as I can.” Hyun Joong fixed Sandara’s hair.

 

 

“Don’t do anything stupid Dara. At least wait for me before you do anything stupid so we can do it together.” Hyun Joong’s dry sense of humor made Sandara smile.

 

 

“Well at least you get my jokes. Not every does.” Hyun Joong murmured.

 

 

“That’s because I’m awesome.” Sandara retorted, Hyun Joong laughed and then he embraced her, gently tapping her back.

 

 

“Take care Dara. I’ll be with you before you know it.” He whispered.

 

 

*****

 

 

Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter