Saving Superman

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun stole a glance at Minzy as the car temporarily stopped at a red light. Minzy looked so distraught and so far away from the world. She’s been awfully quiet every since her sister died. She wouldn’t even talk to anyone but Seung Hyun. He took care of Eunji’s funeral and made sure it was as quiet as possible. Seung Hyun did everything he could to keep the media away from everything.

 

 

Seung Hyun reached for Minzy’s hand and squeezed it, cradling it with his own. His hold sent her the silent message that he’s just there and that he’s never letting go. Minzy took comfort in Seung Hyun’s presence.

 

 

“We’re almost there Minzy…” Seung Hyun said comfortingly to Minzy. He is bringing her to his nanny’s house.

 

 

“Grams is a very nice lady and you’ll love her as much as I do. She practically raised me. You’ll be fine with her.” Seung Hyun assured Minzy to which she just nodded. Seung Hyun’s phone rings and he immediately answers it upon seeing that it was a call from the hospital.

 

 

“Yes?” Seung Hyun answered. He gives out a silent nod and shifts his phone to the other ear.

 

 

“Okay. I’ll be there in less than an hour. Thank you.” He puts the phone back in to his pocket. He just got a call from the hospital telling him that the DNA results were out and ready to be picked up.

 

 

They arrived at a quaint traditional house at the outskirts of Seoul, just near the ocean. A lady in her late fifties was waiting for them. Seung Hyun got off the car and opened the door for Minzy. The old lady smiles at Seung Hyun and opened her arms ready to give him an embrace.

 

 

“Look at how tall you are now…” The lady says with pride as she pats Seung Hyun’s back. He chuckles in response, embracing her back.

 

 

“And you’ve never aged Grams, you still look like you’re 25.” Seung Hyun replied with a grin. The old lady slaps Seung Hyun’s arms.

 

 

“I may be old but I’m not blind. I know I don’t look 25. I look 30.” The old lady replied with a wink.

 

 

“How’s my baby brother Grams?” Seung Hyun asks.

 

 

“He’s sleeping like a log. He’s much like you when you were a baby. There’s no doubt he’s your brother.” She replied, smiling up to Seung Hyun, patting his cheek.

 

 

“Well I hope he doesn’t take after my father.” Seung Hyun murmured. The old lady’s gaze then travels toward Minzy who was standing a few feet away from them.

 

 

“Is this Minzy?” Seung Hyun nods and assists Minzy to walk over to his Grams. Minzy bows and greets her politely. The old lady shakes her head and walks over to Minzy and much to her surprise, Grams gives her the same tight hug she just gave Seung Hyun.

 

 

“Now there child, Seung Hyun tells me you’re his adopted little sister so you must call me Grams. Okay?” She gently caresses Minzy’s hair and looks at her earnestly, giving her another hug.

 

 

“She’ll be fine with me Seung Hyun. Don’t worry, Minzy and I will take care of your baby brother while you’re away.” Grams assured Seung Hyun.

 

 

“I’ll be back this weekend Grams.” He gave his old nanny another hug and then turned to Minzy. He held her shoulders and tipped her chin up so she’d look directly at him.

 

 

“Minzy…you’re safe here with Grams. They’re not going to find you here. Stay away from the internet, reading nasty comments about you and your sister won’t do any good. You need to be strong. I’ll be back in a few days.” Seung Hyun gave Minzy a comforting smile before hugging her goodbye.

 

 

*****

 

 

It was already past dinner when Seung Hyun arrived at the hospital to pick up the DNA result. He had yet to open it and he had yet to have dinner. He headed straight to the GQ Headquarters to meet up with his half brothers.

 

 

On his way there, he received a call from Yoochun.

 

 

“Hyung…Minzy needs time...you have to give her some space. She’s grieving right now. I don’t think it’s the right time to talk to her…she’s safe...the media won’t find her…don’t worry hyung…you know I’ll help you through this.” Seung Hyun took a deep breath and got off his car as soon as his driver opened the car for him. The security team at the lobby immediately greeted him as soon as he stepped in the building.

 

 

He was still a few feet away from the conference room but he could already hear his brothers engaged in a shouting match. Seung Hyun paused and took a deep breath. He massaged his temples and closed his eyes, nursing an impending headache. He flinched, hearing them screaming at each other. He heave out a sigh and prepared himself to go inside the conference room.  

 

 

The second he went inside the conference room, it was as if they all felt his presence, his brothers immediately fell silent. They all looked bowed their heads and they immediately sat on their respective seats, with their hands folded on their lap. Seung Hyun didn’t speak a word and just looked at each of his brother’s eyes as if telling them they were in deep trouble.

 

 

All eyes were on him as he walked further inside the conference room. Before settling in his seat at the end-center of the rectangular table, he walked over to Chaerin. He bent down and his arm s over to her waist.

 

 

“Did my brothers give you hell today?” He murmured to her ear and planted a swift kiss on her lips. Chaerin could only sigh in response, suddenly feeling the emptiness of missing Seung Hyun the entire day. Seung Hyun finally sat down on his chair. His eyes scanned each of his brother’s faces and then he leaned on his chair and tapped the table.

 

 

Jiyong immediately stood up and handed him a file of GQ’s figures on the first month after he left the company. The four brothers gave each other nervous looks as Seung Hyun scanned through the files. They all shut their eyes when Seung Hyun’s expression gradually became grimmer by the second.

 

 

“What kind of a joke is this?” Seung Hyun finally asks no one in particular. He looks at his brothers and waited for their reply but no one dared speak.

 

 

“I leave our company to your hands and in a month’s time you’ve managed to screw things up and drop our sales 30 percent…which is by far the lowest we’ve had ever since we started this company.” Seung Hyun looked at his brothers in such disappointment that they felt ashamed of themselves.

 

 

“What happened Jiyong?” Seung Hyun asked him.

 

 

“Well, two of our major advertisers withdrew after finding out you’re no longer in charge. Daesung didn’t manage to persuade them to keep our business. Youngbae didn’t follow up Hyun Bin’s schedule and we didn’t know his schedule changed due to a personal emergency so we had to get a back up male model to do the cover…” Seung Hyun was studying last month’s cover as Jiyong gave out his reasons.

 

 

“And this is a new model/actor happens to be one of your lovers...” Seung Hyun looked at Jiyong and he was obviously pissed. Jiyong shut his mouth and looked down like a child would when scolded by his parents.

 

 

“For you to take lovers left and right should very well mean that you’ve matured enough to be past the blame game Jiyong. However everyone else in the team screws up, you’re still accountable. You’re the editor in chief now. Everything goes through you. Just as the team does well that you take credit for it, if the team screws up, it’s all on your shoulders too.” Seung Hyun sighed heavily and studied the files once again.

 

 

“I’m giving you this month to rise up these figures back to our usual rate. If you fail, I’m going to ask the HR head to start accepting applicants for your respective positions. In case it’s not black and white enough for all of you, that simply means you’ll be out of jobs the following month if you don’t get your acts together.”

 

 

“Don’t even think that I won’t do it because you guys know damn well that I always keep my word. Every. Single. Time.” Seung Hyun looked at each of his brother’s shocked expression.

 

 

“Seungri, Daesung, Youngbae and Chaerin…I placed Jiyong as editor in chief for a reason. I strongly believe that he can lead this company. Treat him with respect just as you guys treat me. Honor his decisions just as you do mine.” Seung Hyun then turned back to Jiyong.

 

 

“You have my full authority to fire or suspend them as you see fit if they mess up.” Seung Hyun told Jiyong without a hint of hesitation.

 

 

“Daesung, set up a meeting with the advertisers who withdrew from our business and then inform my secretary so he can put it in my calendar. You, Jiyong and I will need to talk to them personal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter