King and Queen

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chaerin was looking at herself in the mirror as the two stylists attending to her outfit arrange her dress to perfection.

 

 

It’s her wedding day. Today she’ll be marrying the man of her dreams. The man she’s always dreamt of marrying someday. He gave her an overwhelming proposal…the kind of proposal that made every other proposal ever done in history second best. He gave her the most romantic pre-nuptials. He changed his entire place just to make her feel comfortable as if welcoming her in to his life with much enthusiasm. He did everything a girl could ever want and even more.

 

 

Chaerin gave out a sad smile as she looked at herself in the mirror. From the very start, she knew what she was in for. He never gave her any false promises. He even gave her a chance if she wanted out. But she didn’t…even for a second…she never thought of backing out. She kept on telling herself that it’s because she’s doing it for the sake of all the employees that will lose their jobs in the hands of Choi Kwan Hee, Seung Hyun’s father. But she knows that she agreed to this arrangement not because of that alone.

 

 

“You’re all set Ms. Lee.” One of the stylists said politely.

 

 

“Thank you. You guys can go.” Chaerin murmured, never leaving her gaze in the mirror. She looked like a real queen in her outfit.

 

 

Unlike the original plan of their wedding, which was supposed to be just a classy and elegant wedding, they decided to opt for a Traditional Korean Royal Wedding with a modern twist. Hyun Joong and Sandara as the best man and the bridesmaid helped a great deal in organizing this big event. Hyun Joong with his connections took care of the logistics and securing the wedding location while Sandara took care of the details of the wedding ceremony.

 

 

A famous Korean designer designed her Hwarot inspired wedding dress. A Hwarot is a tradional clothing worn during the Goryeo and Joseon Dynasty. Her dress, were in color red and gold with embroidered phoenix patterns which represents a symbol for queens. The wedding dress was intricately designed and made in replica of the dress worn by the queen during the Goryeo Dynasty although this time, the designer made sure that it had a modern twist. The headdress Myonryugwan worn by Chaerin was made smaller in size than the usual headdress worn by the royals.

 

 

The wedding she’s going to have is extravagant. You can’t expect anything less from the Choi Seung Hyun. Fashion Mogul. Certified Ladies’ Man. The most eligible bachelor of the Korean Fashion Industry.  She wondered how he’d look like in his Myonbok.

 

 

“Hey Chae…” Sandara entered the room. She was dressed in a red Wonsam with embroidered floral patterns that symbolizes the princess status during the Chosun Dynasty.

 

 

“Wow. You look absolutely beautiful.” Sandara said breathlessly as she took in Chaerin’s image.

 

 

“Unnie…” Chaerin had this helpless look that got Sandara worrying in an instant. She closed the door behind her and immediately walked towards Chaerin, resting her hands on Chaerin’s shoulders.

 

 

“What’s the matter Chae?” Sandara asked in a soft voice.

 

 

“I…I…I…don’t know…” Chaerin said, her voice crumbling. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

 

 

“If you don’t want to do this, you can still back out. I’m sure Seung Hyun will understand. He’s worried about you…you know…” Sandara said honestly. Chaerin’s eyes shot up and looked at her with a questioning gaze.

 

 

“Did you guys talk about me?” Chaerin asked curiously. Sandara nodded.

 

 

“He cares a lot about you…more than he’d like to admit. I can see that.” Sandara said as she straightened Chaerin’s Hwarot and gave her a meaningful smile.

 

 

“But he doesn’t love me unnie…he never will…and I love him…so much…I love him so much that I can’t even follow my own rules of our agreement. I don’t know how I’m going to survive after our marriage is over.” Sandara has never seen Chaerin in this state of panic and despair. She couldn’t say anything. She knew that there’s really no great advice to give her. All she could do was hug Chaerin to give her comfort.

 

 

“Chae…everything’s gonna be okay…” Sandara said in her soothing voice as she hugged Chaerin.

 

 

“Unnie…how do you love someone with a deadline? A one year deadline…” Chaerin’s voice faltered.

 

 

“Oh Chae…” Sandara embraced her tighter.

 

 

“I wish I know the answer to that. I really wish I do…but only you can answer that.” She said in a soft whisper.

 

 

“I don’t know what to do…all I know is that I am not backing away from this wedding. I don’t want to.” Chaerin spoke with a determination in her voice.

 

 

“Chae…I wish I could apply this to my own life but I don’t think I can…you know what they say about love…it’s better to have love and lost than not to have loved at all.” Sandara smiled at her dongsaeng and wiped her tears with her thumb.

 

 

“Stop crying Chaerin…Come on, let’s get your make up retouched.” Sandara cooed.

 

 

*****

 

 

“I’m getting dizzy Seung Hyun. Just calm down.” Hyun Joong scolded Seung Hyun because he was pacing relentlessly.

 

 

“I can’t calm down hyung. It feels like something is going to happen.” Seung Hyun said absentmindedly. He was already wearing his wedding attire. His Myonbok was royal blue, with a white collar and a red silk with embroidered dragons on the hem of his Myonbok. He didn’t wear his Myonryugwan yet because it was too heavy.

 

 

“Yeah. Something’s going to happen. Your wedding.” Hyun Joong said sarcastically. He was wearing a Dalryung, a type of traditional Korean clothing worn during the Goryeo and Joseon Dynasty by royal men in courts.

 

 

“Hyung, I’m serious. I don’t know. I just have this different feeling. It’s like I’m excited…I’m scared…I’m happy and anxious all at the same time.” Seung Hyun stopped from walking and stood in front of Hyun Joong, his hand clutching his chest, trying to feel his heartbeat.

 

 

Hyun Joong looked at Seung Hyun seriously. He took a deep breath, savoring Seung Hyun’s rattled look. He shook his head, forgetting all his troubles, just amused at Seung Hyun. He gripped on Seung Hyun’s shoulders and took a deep breath.

 

 

“I’ve never been married before but I think that’s usually how the groom feels before marrying the girl of he loves. You know, wedding jitters…” Hyun Joong smirked.

 

 

“Hyung!” Seung Hyun whined and shoved Hyun Joong’s hands away. He stomped his feet like a child.

 

 

“You know t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter