Fiscal Year

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jae, try to put a smile on your face. Today is your big day. You’ve been waiting for this for years. You’re finally going to be formally introduced as the new CEO of Kim Hotels Corporation.” Yoochun squeezed Jaejoong’s shoulder, trying to give him comfort. Jaejoong just shrugged and aimlessly looked at the crowd with a sad expression in his eyes.

 

 

Tonight is the Year End Party of Kim Hotels Corporation. This is also a big night for Jaejoong because he is going to be finally introduced as the new CEO of the company. He will be formally taking over his grandfather’s position. All the major stockholders, investors and the board of directors of the company from different parts of the globe were in attendance. Yoochun, Seung Hyun and Hyun Joong were there to support their friend in this major event in his life.

 

 

“Look at you hyung, you look like you just came from a funeral.” Seung Hyun nudged Jaejoong’s rib but the latter just kept silent.

 

 

“She doesn’t have any records in the Human Resources department. She was directly hired by my grandfather. He’s the only one in contact with her in the company. My grandfather doesn’t want to tell me where she is…” Jaejoong said as he listlessly looked at the crowd.

 

 

“She’ll come around…” Hyun Joong tried comforting him but Jaejoong just shook his head.

 

 

“You don’t understand. By tomorrow, my face will be all over the news. The whole world will finally get to see me as the new CEO. I won’t have the chance to tell her the truth before it gets out in the news. I wanted to tell her the truth myself but it’ll be too late…” Jaejoong couldn’t hide the remorse in his voice. His three friends kept on looking at each other as if trying to pass an invisible ball on who’s going to say something to comfort their depressed friend. Yoochun and Hyun Joong looked at Seung Hyun sharply asking him to say something.

 

 

“I scared her away. I went on too fast. I just…” They’ve never seen their friend that depressed and they all felt sorry for him.

 

 

“You know what they always say hyung…You may not be able to correct your mistakes in the past, but you’re given the chance not to do them again in the future.” Seung Hyun looked at Jaejoong with much concern.

 

 

“Hey honey! I didn’t know you’re going to be here!!! Why didn’t you tell me? We could’ve just come together!” Bom appeared out of nowhere and planted a wet kiss on Hyun Joong’s lips making his three friends gasp in surprise. Hyun Joong was caught off guard and could only stand frozen to receive the wet kiss. When Bom pulled back, her red lipstick already smeared on Hyun Joong’s lips and she just smiled up at him in triumph as she started wiping his lips off with her thumb.

 

 

“What the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me?” Hyun Joong shoved Bom’s hand away and pulled his handkerchief and wiped his lips. He immediately threw Bom a sharp glare after looking at the smear of lipstick that was wiped by the handkerchief.

 

 

“My stalking days of you is over. I’m your girlfriend now. I get to be wherever you are.” Bom clung on to Hyun Joong and rubbed her cheek on his shoulder.

 

 

“Stop clinging on to me like a leech. You’re attracting way too many attention!” Hyun Joong hissed but Bom just smiled up at him mischievously.

 

 

“I’m just claiming you in front of everyone else so no one would flirt with you here.” Bom patted Hyun Joong’s cheek.

 

 

“Looks like we know who’s the boss in your relationship. It’s definitely not you hyung.” Seung Hyun teased.

 

 

“Shut up. At least I’m not fool enough to get married to someone I barely know.” Hyun Joong fired back.

 

 

“Hey, chill out man. You look like you’re going to explode in anger.” Yoochun interrupted.

 

 

“ off e.” Hyun Joong replied.

 

 

“Bom-shi would you mind dragging your boyfriend away from here because I swear to all that’s holy I don’t know what I’m going to do to him. He’s starting to get on our nerves.” Yoochun looked at Bom and smiled.

 

 

“Sure.” Bom smiled back and pulled Hyun Joong away forcefully.

 

 

“Come let’s get some food over there honey!” Bom cooed.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Unnie are you sure you’re going to do this? Are you really ready to face him?” Chaerin tugged her unnie in a corner of the function hall. Sandara clipped her lips and looked at the crowd nervously. She was wearing a white Grecian gown that hugged her curves and hung low on her back, revealing her creamy skin. Her hair was donned in soft curls that draped on one side of her shoulder. Chaerin accompanied Sandara as her plus one at the Kim Hotel’s Year End Party event. She was wearing a black sleek gown that had a low v cut in front hugging her body, looking like she was poured into the gown and fit her like a glove. Her hair was pulled into a bun. Sandara looked soft a while Chaerin looked edgy but they both looked absolutely stunning.

 

 

“I have to do this Chaerin. This is why you’re here. You’re here to give me the support I need.” Sandara looked down, unsure of herself. Totally unaware that she was already captivating the eyes of men nearby.

 

 

“I’ll be here for you unnie.” Chaerin smiled and embraced her unnie

 

 

*****

 

 

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen…” The host of the event started. The crowd went silent and all eyes were on the stage.

 

 

“We’re gathered here tonight for a very festive event. Along with welcoming the New Year, we’re also welcoming Kim Hotels Corporation’s new future. But before we get to that, we’re here to report one of the most ground breaking feat of this year headed by Asian Division OIC…”

 

 

Jaejoong’s head immediately shot up upon hearing the host. His eyes searched the crowd, his heart began beating fast and it felt like his world slowly started moving.

 

 

“Please welcome…Ms. Sandara Park.” The function hall went dark and the spot light focused on the corner where Dara was standing with Chaerin. The crowd fell still as they watched Dara walked towards the stage, everyone obviously awed by her graceful beauty. The host stepped aside and ushered her into the center of the stage where the microphone stand was. She cleared and took a deep breath before smiling faintly.

 

 

“Good evening everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying the night.” Dara stole a glance at the side of the stage where Chaerin was standing and she greeted her with two thumbs up and an eye smile, mouthing “Fighting!” to her unnie.

 

 

“I am Sandara Park, Asian Division OIC of Kim Hotels Corporation. I took over the position at the start of the third quarter of this year with only one goal…that is to double the earnings of my division by the year ends. Our beloved CEO Mr. Kim Soo Hun told me it was an impossible goal. I didn’t take it as a rejection. Instead I took it as a challenge.” Sandara folded her hands to keep it from shaking. The spotlight was starting to blind her. She co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter