500 Mini-Cakes

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chaerin took deep breaths after splashing her face with water. She looked at herself in the mirror. She seems bewildered and pre-occupied.

 

 

Should I tell him?

 

 

What will his reaction be?

 

 

How am I going to tell him?

 

 

Chaerin asked herself while unconsciously holding her belly.

 

 

Seung Hyun stretched in their king size bed and reached to his side, expecting Chaerin to be there. He opened one eye and he frowned because Chaerin wasn’t there beside him. He slowly got up and sat on the bed. He ran his fingers through his hair and then went to the bathroom. He stood by the door and leaned on the door frame as he looked at Chaerin washing her face.

 

 

She’s been a little preoccupied lately. He knows that she has something in her mind and he’s definitely going to find out about it as soon as possible.

 

 

Chaerin was startled when she felt Seung Hyun embracing her from behind.

 

 

“Good morning.” Seung Hyun murmured huskily. He swept her hair to one side and then he started showeringng her neck with feathery kisses. He wound his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

 

 

“Why are you up so early? You should still be in bed with me…” Seung Hyun murmured unto her earlobe and nibbled it after. Chaerin moaned in response and Seung Hyun cupped her s and his kisses turned demanding.

 

 

“You feel so different lately…I didn’t think it’s possible but you’ve become more beautiful and ier lately…I wonder why that is…” Seung Hyun whispered and his hands ghosted over Chaerin’s belly. He felt Chaerin stiffened as soon as she heard his words. She suddenly tears herself away from his embrace.

 

 

“Uhmmm…I should check on Myungsoo…” Chaerin rushed out of the bathroom leaving Seung Hyun alone.

 

 

“Good morning Seung Hyun oppa!” Minzy greeted while placing the bowl of rice at the center of the table. Myungsoo and Chaerin were already seated on the dining table.

 

 

“Good morning Minzy.” Seung Hyun smiled at Myungsoo who was batting his eyelashes at him, expecting a greeting from him. Seung Hyun bent down and kissed Myungsoo’s head.

 

 

“Good morning little buddy.” He greeted and then sat down beside Chaerin.

 

 

“What time shall I pick you up at the office later?” Seung Hyun asked Chaerin while taking a sip off of his coffee.

 

 

“I have a meeting with Jaejoong and Dara unnie later. We’re choosing two layered mini-cakes for the give aways.” Chaerin answered. Seung Hyun frowned and looked at her with concern.

 

 

“You’ve been stressing yourself with the wedding preparations. Are you sure you don’t want any help with it?” Seung Hyun asked in deep concern. He’s been worried about Chaerin being too stressed lately.

 

 

“I’m okay.” Chaerin reached for him and touched his jawline, and smiled at him.

 

 

“Well I’m not. Because that wedding is taking your time away from me.” Seung Hyun replied to which Chaerin just chuckled. She kissed him on the cheek as if trying to appease him.

 

 

“Ewww mom and dad. Get a room!” Myungsoo screamed.

 

 

“Myungsoo. That’s what moms and dads do. You should get used to it.” Minzy laughed.

 

 

“Well does that mean you and Uncle Yoochun are moms and dads too? Coz I saw him kissing you yesterday.” Myungsoo asked.

 

 

Minzy almost chocked on her food when she heard Myungsoo, and her cheeks immediately blushed. Seung Hyun raised his eyebrow and looked at Minzy teasingly.

 

 

“Shall I call Hyun Joong so he can give you a refresher course on the birds and the bees?” Seung Hyun searched for his phone inside his suit jacket.

 

 

“Oppa!!!” Minzy protested, going even redder if it’s even possible.

 

 

“Hey stop teasing Minzy.” Chaerin playfully slapped Seung Hyun’s arm.

 

 

“But come to think of it…imagine…more than three years of celibacy…Yoochun living like a monk and being faithful to Minzy…I won’t be surprised if Minzy gets pregnant immediately.” Chaerin continued.

 

 

“Unnie!!! We’re not even on that stage yet. Oh my gosh. Please stop this.” Minzy shrieked and covered her face with both her hands.

 

 

“Yep. I’ll definitely call Hyun Joong. No before marriage and you’ll get married when you turn 35 years old.” Seung Hyun chuckled.

 

 

“Unnie!!! Oppa!!! Stop bullying me!” Minzy sulked making Chaerin and Seung Hyun laugh all the more,

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Chaerin was on her lunch break and she was on the phone with Sandara while munching on her takeout food. Myungsoo was taken out for lunch by Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri. They didn’t include her on the lunch out saying it’s exclusive for the boys.

 

 

She was confiding to her unnie about her problem.

 

 

“I don’t know if I should tell Seung Hyun. I don’t know what his reaction will be once he finds out that I’m pregnant. What should I do unnie?” Chaerin asked worriedly.

 

 

“How far along are you?” Sandara asked her.

 

 

“Two weeks. I went to the doctor a few days ago.” Chaerin answered while taking another bite on her food. She heard Sandara chuckling.

 

 

“You’re taking things so seriously Chaerin. You and Seung Hyun have been together for more than three years now. Things have been okay with his mom. A lot has changed ever since you got married. Knowing Seung Hyun, I think he will be absolutely thrilled once he finds out you’re pregnant.” Sandara tried to appease Chaerin.

 

 

“I don’t know. I’m still scared to tell him unnie.” Chaerin said hesitantly.

 

 

“Well you should…or if you’re too afraid to tell him…then don’t. He’ll find out eventually because the bump on your belly will show up soon.” Sandara reminded making Chaerin sigh heavily.

 

 

“Alright! Alright! Alright! I’ll tell him.” Chaerin mumbled.

 

 

“Good. I think it’s going to be a girl.” Sandara said happily. Chaerin groaned.

 

 

“If my baby will be a girl, I’m scared for her. Imagine Seung Hyun, the guys, his brothers and Myungsoo bullying all her would be suitors. She’s going to grow old and be an old maid.” Chaerin chuckled.

 

 

“Don’t worry. We’ll be there to help her sneak out whenever she has dates and stuff.” Sandara replied with a laugh.

 

 

“Damn right we will. Alright. See you and Jaejoong later unnie.” Chaerin bade goodbye and ended the call.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“You’re really good! I love all the mini cakes. I’m sure unnie’s going to love all of them too. I should’ve found you sooner. It’s too bad because I already engaged another pastry chef for the wedding cake.” Chaerin sat down on one of the corner of the colorful pastry shop near the glass window. The shop was very classy and yet colorful.

 

 

“I really like the pink and red theme of your shop. It’s really nice.” Chaerin continued and tasted another mini cake. She chewed on it carefully.

 

 

“Oh, this one tastes different. It isn’t sweet but the flavor is very rich. Did you use dark chocolates in this?” Chaerin asked.

 

 

“Yes. I used Belgian dark chocolates. Someone I know from the past doesn’t like eating cakes and anything sweet so I made that cake…” The pastry chef answered.

 

 

“Interesting. I know someone who doesn’t like eating cakes too.” Chaerin murmured and took another bite off the mini-cake.

 

 

“Will you be able to make 500 mini-cakes by the deadline? Because we’re serving it on the wedding reception to our guests.” Chaerin asked the pastry chef while taking her third bite off the cake. She was eating with much gusto.

 

 

“Oh gosh. This cake is making me feel like it’s my obligation to finish it up to the last bite.” Chaerin flicked her wrist and looked at her watch.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter