Best Man Duties

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked Hyun Joong. He was surprised to see Hyun Joong in his office. The thing that irritated him is that he didn’t even go straight in to his office; he went straight to Sandara’s office. Ofcourse he could see him because Sandara’s office was just right in front of his and they’re only separated by a glass wall.

 

 

Hyun Joong looked over his shoulder and saw Jaejoong with a dark gaze directed at him. He just raised his eyebrow and slowly stood up and faced him. Hyun Joong crossed his arms over his chest and smirked.

 

 

“It’s none of your business. I’m here to do my best man duties with my beautiful bridesmaid.” Hyun Joong smiled at Sandara.

 

 

Jaejoong couldn’t help but mentally curse. The four friends made an agreement long ago that they’d be each other’s best man. Hyun Joong is Seung Hyun’s best man, Seung Hyun is Jaejoong’s best man, Jaejoong is Yoochun’s best man and Yoochun is Hyun Joong’s best man. Jaejoong has been begging Hyun Joong to switch places but he adamantly refused.

 

 

“We’re at work.” Jaejoong replied, wishing and praying that Hyun Joong would leave Sandara alone.

 

 

“She’s taking half the day off. Dara and I are going out.” Hyun Joong announced. He turned to face Sandara.

 

 

“Let’s go?” He asked Sandara gently. Sandara didn’t know what to respond. She looked at Jaejoong and then back to Hyun Joong.

 

 

“I don’t know…Mr. Kim doesn’t seem to want me to go.” Sandara replied.

 

 

“Nonsense! We’ll go even if I have to drag you out of this office. We’ll have to take care of the wedding.” Hyun Joong picked up Sandara’s bag and held out his hand for her to take. She reluctantly took his hand and stood up.

 

 

They both walked out of the office without saying goodbye to Jaejoong.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Where are we going?” Sandara asked Hyun Joong as soon as they got inside his car.

 

 

“We’re going to drop by at Tiffany & Co. to check out the wedding rings. Then after that, we’ll go have lunch.” Hyun Joong answered with a smile.

 

 

They went straight to Tiffany & Co. The manager closed the store because they were expecting Hyun Joong and Sandara. The moment they got in, they were given the VIP treatment. They were asked to wait in the VIP room of the store and they were offered champagne as they waited.

 

 

Sandara reluctantly accepted the champagne and took a sip on it. The manager walked in with a smile, followed by a lady that carried the two wedding rings placed inside a velvet box. The lady carefully handed the box to Hyun Joong.

 

 

“What do you think? I personally chose the rings. They look classy and elegant don’t they?” Hyun Joong asked Sandara’s opinion. She carefully lifted one of the rings and inspected it. She nods in agreement.

 

 

“Chaerin will love this.” She murmurs.

 

 

“Do you think it’s the right size? I heard it’s bad luck to have the bride try the ring before the actual wedding.” Hyun Joong whispers in a low voice.

 

 

“I think you’re referring to the wedding dress.” Sandara raised her brow at Hyun Joong.

 

 

“Oh right.” Hyun Joong leans back on the couch and watches as Sandara inspect the rings.

 

 

“Would you like to see other couple rings too? You might fancy one and buy one for her.” The manager offered.

 

 

“Oh no. We’re not together. She’s my other friend’s future bride. But you can show me the couple rings anyway.” Hyun Joong answers.

 

 

“What are you talking about? I am not going to get married and certainly not to any of your friends.” Sandara snapped.

 

 

“Don’t give me the icy glare Dara. That doesn’t work on me. I use that too.” Hyun Joong taunts.

 

 

The manager hastily brings out the couple rings and shows it to Hyun Joong. “This one is perfect for the pretty lady.”

 

 

“I like this one better.” Hyun Joong picks up a ring and smiles.

 

 

“I’ll bring Jaejoong here one of these days.” Hyun Joong murmurs.

 

 

“I’m done here.” Sandara announces and gives the wedding rings back to the lady. Hyun Joong just stands up along with her.

 

 

“I’ll be back with my friend. So he can buy the ring for her.” Hyun Joong tells the manager with a diplomatic smile.

 

 

“Well, maybe you can buy your own so called girlfriend a couple ring.” Sandara turns her head and throws Hyun Joong a cold stare.

 

 

“Maybe I will…If you accept Jaejoong’s couple ring.” Hyun Joong answers and gives Sandara a cold stare of his own.

 

 

“I think I’ll take back when I said that I like you. You’re as annoying as your friend.” Sandara walked ahead of him.

 

 

“Which friend? Yoochun or Seung Hyun?” Hyun Joong opens the car door for Sandara.

 

 

“You know who I’m talking about.” Sandara replied.

 

 

“I have no idea.” Hyun Joong says innocently. Sandara opens to say Jaejoong’s name but she stopped herself. Instead, she goes inside the car and stops talking.

 

 

Hyun Joong goes around the car and takes the driver seat. He looks at her and studies her face. He shakes his head.

 

 

“You can’t even say his real name. How in the world is he going to make you forgive him?” Hyun Joong thinks out loud. Sandara snaps her head at him. She opens to say something but decides against it.

 

 

Hyun Joong’s phone rings. He grabs the phone and answers it.

 

 

“Hyun Joong hyung, Jaejoong hyung’s been calling me nonstop. He’s making me switch best man duties with you. He’s been ranting about you taking his girl out on a date.” Seung Hyun sighed in exasperation.

 

 

“No. I won’t switch. I just want my best man duties to be done and over with. He’ll just have to it up.” Hyun Joong replies and puts the phone on speaker phone as he starts the car.

 

 

“Hyung…you know Jaejoong hyung can be really really persistent. I don’t want to have to worry about him.” Seung Hyun pleads.

 

 

“I’m sure Sandara here will go ballistic if you let Jaejoong switch place with me.” Hyun Joong steals a look at Sandara.

 

 

“Don’t worry about Jaejoong. I’ll take care of him.” Hyun Joong continues and ends the call. After a few seconds Yoochun calls him.

 

 

“What do you want?” Hyun Joong answers.

 

 

“Jae called. He’s mighty pissed. Are you with Dara noona?” Yoochun asks.

 

 

“Yeah. She’s here. You’re on speakerphone.” Hyun Joong answers.

 

 

“Hello Dara noona. You’re boyfriend is going crazy. You should just forgive him.” Yoochun greets cheerfully.

 

 

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Sandara answers coldly.

 

 

“We’re going out for lunch. Want to come along with us?” Hyun Joong offers.

 

 

“Sure. Where? At the usual?” Yoochun says excitedly.

 

 

“Yeah. Meet you there in half an hour.” Hyun Joong ends the call.

 

 

When they arrived at the parking lot, Hyung Joong smiles as he saw Jaejoong’s car a few meters away from where they were parked.

 

 

“Someone’s been following us.” Hyun Joong whispers to Sandara. He gently places his arm over Sandara’s shoulders and then steals a mischievous glance towards Jaejoong’s car.

 

 

“Jaejoong’s gonna get really really pissed.” Hyun Joong says in an amused tone.

 

 

They entered the restaurant with Hyun Joong’s arm still around Sandara’s shoulders. They were led inside the VIP room of the restaurant and they both ordered what they wanted.

 

 

While they were waiting for the order and for Yoochun to arrive, Hyun Joong was looking at Sandara and was eyeing her carefully.

 

 

“You know he’s been trailing us this whole time.” Hyun Joong says matter of factly. Sandara doesn’t answer. She couldn’t deny it. Jaejoong has been texting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter