Silent Scream

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Your aunt goes to jail and I’ll do everything in my power to tear you apart from my grandson. Everything.” Sandara couldn’t get Mr. Kim’s threat off her mind. She just couldn’t shake away the dread she felt for her aunt.

 

 

What is she going to do? She asked herself a thousand times but nothing came about. There’s no doubt that she loves Jaejoong. He’s the first man she’s ever been with. He’s the first one that took the effort to take notice of her…the first one to dare break the walls she built around her.

 

 

But…things aren’t as easy as it seems. Her life has never been easy and she’s pretty much used to it. But her situation now seemed a thousand times harder. Its because her feelings are involved...her heart is on the line.

 

 

Sandara stepped out of the elevator and headed towards her office. When she got there, she found Jaejoong sitting on her chair, waiting for her.

 

 

“Where have you been? I’ve been calling you for hours. You’re not answering my calls.” Jaejoong immediately stood up and walked towards her. Jaejoong held her arms, slightly shaking her.

 

 

He noticed that she looked really pale. His hand cupped her cheek and looked at her worriedly.

 

 

“Damn it Dara, you have to answer my calls. I’m worried about you. You look like you could fall over any minute. You shouldn’t even be at work but you insist on going.” Jaejoong said fiercely.

 

 

Sandara kept quiet. Her mind was all jumbled and she doesn’t have the energy to talk to him.

 

 

“Sit down.” Jaejoong’s hand trailed down to her elbow, leading her towards her chair but Sandara brushed him away.

 

 

“I’m fine.” Sandara said coldly.

 

 

“You’re fine?” Jaejoong scoffed.

 

 

“You’re telling me that you’re fine? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?” Jaejoong raked his hand through his hair and threw Sandara a frustrated stare.

 

 

“I’ve been taking care of myself all these years. I know when I’m not okay. I don’t need you to dote on me like I’m invalid.” Sandara replied icily. Her eyes were fixed on the ground.

 

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Jaejoong let out a frustrated sigh. He paced back and forth in front of her and then stood in front of her again.

 

 

“I’m in love with you Dara. Of course I care about you. I worry about you. I hate that you don’t open up to me. I hate that you seem more comfortable with Hyun Joong than you are with me. I hate that I don’t know what’s on your mind.” His honesty reflected on his face. Sandara took a deep breath and turned away from him.

 

 

“I don’t have time for this. I have a lot of work to do.” Sandara finally said.

 

 

“Dara, sometimes it feels like I’m talking to a wall when I talk to you about these things.” Jaejoong fell on the chair in front of her desk. His eyes were fixed upon her, watching her every move.

 

 

“Like you’re with me but you aren’t really here with me at all…” Jaejoong continued.

 

 

“Dara…please talk to me…let’s go to a doctor and make sure you’re okay…please…” Jaejoong pleaded but it was as if Sandara wasn’t hearing anything.

 

 

“God Jaejoong, didn’t it ever occur to you that I’m just extremely stressed out and just need to be alone? I have a lot on my plate and I can’t have you breathing on my neck, watching my every move like a hawk.” Sandara lashed out. She shook her head and gathered her things. Jaejoong was taken aback with what Sandara said….his eyes showing bewilderment.

 

 

“I can’t do this.” She closed her bag.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Jaejoong stood up. He motioned for his car keys.

 

 

“I’m talking the afternoon off. And no Jae, you’re not coming with me.”

 

 

“But…”

 

 

“Jae I’m tired. I don’t have the energy to deal with you right now.” Sandara said with finality and Jaejoong couldn’t do anything about it. He closed his eyes to gain control of his thoughts and when he opened his eyes Sandara already left.

 

 

*****

 

 

When Sandara got out of the building, she wandered aimlessly in the city and found herself sitting at a bench facing the Han River.

 

 

If only Jaejoong didn’t take notice of her…If only she didn’t fall in love with Jaejoong…If only he thought that she’s nothing but a gold digger…if only he didn’t fall in love with her…things would have gone as planned. She would’ve resigned by now. Her aunt wouldn’t have to worry about going to jail.

 

 

She hated herself for taking her frustration out on Jaejoong. But she couldn’t help herself.

 

 

“Your aunt goes to jail and I’ll do everything in my power to tear you apart from my grandson. Everything.”

 

 

Mr. Kim’s voice kept on repeating in her head…like a promise that will be kept. Sandara grabbed her phone from her bag. She saw numerous missed calls from Jaejoong but she ignored it. She searched in her her phonebook and called her aunt.

 

 

“Hello auntie…” Sandara greeted shakily.

 

 

“How are you?” She followed up.

 

 

“That’s good…I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better…” Sandara took a deep breath and silently wiped the tears that started falling on her face.

 

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’m doing great. Mr. Kim’s gracious to me. No…no…he’s not taking advantage of me…I dress up as an old maid in the office…no one’s going to look at me…” Sandara blurted one lie after another. She closed her eyes as she listened to her aunt’s voice.

 

 

“Auntie I just want you to make sure that you do everything you can to get your life back together…okay? Don’t worry about me…I’m a big girl…I can take care of myself.” Sandara smiled bitterly.

 

 

“I have to go. I have a meeting in five minutes…” Sandara bade goodbye.

 

 

As soon as she disconnected the call, she couldn’t suppress herself any longer that she had to cry, not caring about the peo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter