Freedom

Men Before Flowers : Featuring KPop's idol F4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AFTER THREE YEARS

 

 

 

Minzy gripped on her tote bag as she sprinted towards the building where GQ is to shoot their cover for next month. She rushed from her class straight to the shoot. She was at the pedestrian lane, waiting for the signal so she could cross the street. She checked her watch. She still had about fifteen minutes left.

 

 

She greeted all the staff politely as soon as she entered the studio. For the past three years, Minzy has been working for GQ while she went to college, she assisted Chaerin in her department. Minzy placed her bag on the table where all the props for the shoot were neatly placed.

 

 

“Mommy Minzyyy!!!!” A three year old baby boy came running towards her, embracing her legs.

 

 

“Hey baby boy…” Minzy bent down and pinched the little boy’s cheeks.

 

 

“Where’s your Mommy Chaerin?” Minzy asked, pursing her lips to kiss the boy’s cheeks. The boy pointed inside the studio. Minzy looked over the boy’s shoulder and saw everyone getting themselves busy, leaving the boy to himself.  

 

 

“You said you’re already a big boy now right?” Minzy asked the boy cutely. He nodded excitedly, his eyes sparkling like diamonds. Minzy touched her chin and looked up, acting as if she was thinking hard, making the boy wait in eager anticipation.

 

 

“Do you want to be my assistant for today?” Minzy asked, smiling at the boy.

 

 

“Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!” The boy screamed excitedly.

 

 

“Okay Baby Myungsoo. You are hired for today. After our work, I will cook Bibimbap for you.” Myungsoo jumped for joy and wound his tiny arms around Minzy’s neck, embracing her tightly. Minzy just laughed and embraced him back.

 

 

They named Seung Hyun’s youngest brother Myungsoo. He grew up knowing Chaerin and Seung Hyun as his parents and the boy fondly calls Minzy as his second mommy. In the right time, they will tell him the truth about his real parents.

 

 

Seung Hyun and Chaerin are still happily and contentedly married. They’re both still enjoying their married life and even after three years, they still can’t get enough of each other. Seung Hyun’s mother has moved on after her divorce was finalized. She’s now holding a position in a charity for abused wives which Seung Hyun has sponsored.

 

 

Seung Hyun still can’t say the words ‘I love you’ to Chaerin but he never failed to make her feel his love for her every single day. He treats Chaerin like a queen and he has never, not even once, strayed his eyes on to some other girl even if he’s still being chased by beautiful girls. Apparently, the responsible family man has a great appeal among the female population. Chaerin on her part does her fair share in keeping Seung Hyun’s admirers at bay but she’s always felt secured of Seung Hyun’s loyalty to her.                                                                                                                                                                    

 

 

Minzy went to Chaerin and greeted her. She was checking the pieces to be worn by their cover models. Minzy went ahead and arranged the pieces carefully, Myungsoo towing behind her holding Minzy’s tablet. She told him to take pictures of the outfits for documentation purposes so it would be organized as soon as they need to return them back to the designers. Chaerin bent down and kissed Myungsoo’s head and told him to behave before going back to her work.

 

 

Taemin of Shinee and Kai of EXO arrived on time. They were both the models for the cover of GQ Korea next month's issue. They all did their polite greetings and Minzy ushered them towards the dressing room for their first outfit. Minzy handed them the two Calvin Klein suits, Myungsoo was still tagging along Minzy, diligently assisting her.

 

 

Taemin came out of his dressing room first. He took a closer look at Minzy and then he smiled.

 

 

“I think I remember you. You were here when I did a shoot for GQ with the rest of Shinee more than three years ago right?” Taemin smiled at her in recognition. Minzy smiled at him shyly.

 

 

“I didn’t think you’d remember. Yes, that was me. How are you?” Minzy replied with a shy smile and bowed at Taemin. Kai finally came out and he was still trying to fix his tie.

 

 

“Here, let me…” Minzy went up to him and started fixing his tie. Her eyes focused on fixing the tie. Taemin knelt down and smiled at Myungsoo. He started talking to him.

 

 

“Hello. I’m Taemin. What’s your name?”

 

 

“I’m Myungsoo. How do you do?” Myungsoo responded politely.

 

 

“Your little brother is so cute.” Taemin told Minzy.

 

 

“She’s not my sister, she’s my Mommy Minzy…” Myungsoo interrupted. Minzy gasped and bit her lip, wanting to correct Myungsoo.

 

 

“I have two mommies. Mommy Chaerin and Mommy Minzy. My daddy’s name is Choi Seung Hyun…I live in Block 7 Lot 43…” Myungsoo recited robotically as what he was always told in case he gets lost. The three chuckled at Myungsoo’s cuteness. Minzy went towards Myungsoo and ruffled his hair after fixing Kai’s tie.

 

 

“How’s your sister?” Taemin asked. Minzy was a little taken aback by Taemin’s question.

 

 

“I remember you asked us to sign your Shinee CD collection and told us you’re going to show it to your sister who was at the hospital at that time…” Taemin continued. Minzy smiled at him, the mist in her eyes not going unnoticed.

 

 

“I wasn’t able to show her the CDs…she passed away before I got the chance to…but I was able to tell her a detailed story on how I came to met our favorite group Shinee…” Minzy answered.

 

 

“Oh…I’m sorry to hear that…” Taemin apologized, feeling a little embarrassed for bringing it up. Minzy shook her head.

 

 

“No it’s okay…It’s been three years…I know she’s in a great place right now…” Minzy said softly, assuring Taemin that it was fine.

 

 

“Do you still have that picture of me, you and Minho?” Taemin changed the topic.

 

 

“Ah yes, it’s still on my phone. You have a great memory Taemin…” Minzy laughed softly.

 

 

“How could I forget meeting you? Mr. Choi actually warned us before introducing us to you that we should keep our hands off you and don’t even think about getting your number because he’ll murder all of us and he’ll make sure that we will be blacklisted on all Korea and Japan magazines.” Taemin chuckled.

 

 

“Seung Hyun oppa told you that? Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry…” Minzy’s cheeks went red.

 

 

“Yes I did.” They heard Seung Hyun’s voice from behind them. Taemin immediately stood up straight and cleared his throat. Kai and Taemin bowed at Seung Hyun politely, their faces went white, suddenly nervous being in front of Seung Hyun. He knelt down and spread his arms wide and waited for Myungsoo as the little boy came rushing towards him for a warm embrace.

 

 

Seung Hyun carried Myungsoo with one arm and went towards Minzy’s side. He looked at Taemin and Kai seriously.

 

 

“Good afternoon Sir…” Kai bowed again. Seung Hyun nodded at him. He then eyed Taemin.

 

 

“Hands off my sister. She’s already spoken for. You better keep that in mind.” Seung Hyun told him sternly.

 

 

“Oppa!!!” Minzy tugged Seung Hyun’s arm. Taemin gulped, Kai snickered at Taemin.

 

 

The two guys hastily excused themselves as soon as they heard one of the assistants calling them for make-up. The relieved look on Taemin’s face was priceless looking as though he could almost kiss the person who called them.

 

 

“You didn’t have to scare him…” Minzy scolded Seung Hyun.

 

 

“That guy was all over you and you were too busy looking at him with sparkly diamond fan-girl eyes. I promised Yoochun hyung to watch over you.” Seung Hyun defended. Minzy suddenly fell silent upon hearing Yoochun’s name.

 

 

Yoochun immediately rose up to Hollywood fame as soon as his first movie premiered. It was critically acclaimed and he garnered great acting reviews from reputable Hollywood critics. Right after the shoot of his first movie, he signed for a trilogy movie based from a famous book which held him up ever since he left Seoul. He never got the chance to go back to Seoul for the past three years even on holidays. The four friends either arranged their get together in LA where Yoochun is now based or they watch Hyun Joong’s F1 competition together whatever country it maybe.

 

 

Minzy didn’t get to see Yoochun ever since that day on the beach. She only saw him in his movies and in his interviews. Yoochun didn’t contact her for the past three years…not even a phone call…although he always made sure that he sends her gifts on special occasions. But whenever he gets interviewed and gets asked on his love life, Yoochun always tells everyone honestly that he’s in love with a girl he left in Korea and will comeback for her when the time is right.

 

 

And for the past three years, Minzy has been waiting for him to come back…

 

 

“Extend your patience a little bit more Minzy…you’ll never know when Yoochun hyung will turn up…” Seung Hyun said cryptically and then he winked at Minzy. He kissed her hair, giving Minzy the comfort she needed.

 

 

*****

 

 

Sandara stood on the sidelines, intensely watching the race Hyun Joon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter