Chapter Twenty Eight

Love is a work of Art

 

-No one's POV-

 

"Let me stay with her." Luhan told Sehun and J.Y. "No, I want to stay with her."Sehun argued. "No. You can't EXO-M's activities are on delay right now, and EXO-K is still in active." Sehun sighed in defeat. "Fine. Just....... just make sure she's ok." Luhan nodded in agreement and they went separate ways. Sehun and J.Y. were on their way out of the hospital. They both felt out of it. They couldn't believe the events that happened in just one night. They stepped out of the exit doors and was greeted my reporters and camera crews. 

"They're out!" A female reporter announced. The crowd shifted their gaze toward Sehun and J.Y. They all harassed them with questions which got J.Y. fed up. He stood at the top of the stairs, standing in silence waiting for the crowd to calm down. When they finally settled down he began his announcement. 

"As you all know, Lee Su Myung is now in the hospital. Due to her body conditions that will not be announced Lee Su Myung will be stopping all activities until further notice. I am sorry." He stepped down the stairs with Sehun and walked through the crowd. Just then, everyone heard the sound of the siren on an emergency car and stopped their movements. 

The nurses did their usual routine and burst opened the back doors of the truck. They rolled out a gurney, "move out of the way!" The nurses shouted. The crowd made a path for them to go in and stared at the man in on the gurney. 

"Omo! It's Lee Soo Man!" A voice shouted, making all the cameras get lifted to their faces to take pictures. Soo Man? J.Y. thought. He pushed all the people out of the way to go to the gurney.

"Soo Man-ah! Why are you like this?!" He cried gripping onto his bloody hand. Tears started to fall from his face once again as they rushed to the operating room. 

The doors of the operating room slid closed once again leaving J.Y. wet with tears and an aching hurt. 

"Jin Young-sshi!" A feminine voice yelled from the left of him. He turned his head and met eyes with Soo Man's - I mean witch of a wife and his daughter Suzy. "Oh. Hye Sook-sshi." "Do you know what happened?! I received a call saying that my husband was hit by a car." She explained. J.Y. was surprised from hearing the information and was about to ask her more about what happened when he heard doors sliding open from behind him. 

 

"APPA!" Suzy screamed at the top of her lungs. "Doctor! Doctor! What's wrong with my father?!" She cried while tears are draining from her eyes. "As you can see, Mr. Lee isn't in a very well state right now." He was right. The top of Soo Man's head was completely covered with bandages, It looked like his had broken his right arm, and both of his legs were in a cast. "His body is in no condition to anything at all. I am afraid that there really is no point of doing any other operation on him. He will have less than 7 days until his body completely shuts down on him. I am truly sorry." J.Y. burst into flames from hearing the appalling news. "What the hell do you mean there is no point of doing any other operation? This is someone's life  we're talking about here!" The doctor could careless, "His organs are already failing on him. There isn't any point of saving a dying man!" The doctor argued and left without another word. 

 

The nurses rolled the gurney to his private room and set up on the monitors. Suzy sat next to his bed and held his hand, "appa....appa.... Please survive. I'm sorry for being such a bad girl, I really am. I know I am not the best daughter but I sincerely apologize for my behaviour. Appa.... Just please wake up... Please!" Just then her cellphone rang. She looked at the caller ID and it read: Secretary Kim. She answered it with a yelp, (Bold: Suzy, Italic: Secretary Kim)

"What is it?!"

"I am sorry for the interruption but I have some shocking news to report to you."

"Can't it wait?! I am with my father right now!"

"It's about your mother."

".......What about my mother?"

"Well it seems that she ran away.... with a quarter of your fathers fortune."

"Bwoh?!"

"Apparently from what I had heard from my colleagues, she left the country without all her belongings and your fathers money."

"........."

"Hello? Director? Are you there? The police says that you need to get here right now."

"O-o-okay. I will be right there."

 

 

-Suzy's POV-

 

My mother left my dying father. She left me here.... Alone. 

I rushed out of the room without a thought. I raced down the hallway and pushed the down bottom of the elevator. After a few seconds the doors slid open, I stepped inside the elevator and pressed the L for lobby. Just as the elevator was about to reach L, it stopped at Level 2. The doors slid open. My eyes widened at the person in front of me. "L-l-Luhan, what are you doing here?" I stuttered. He stared at me for a few seconds until he stepped inside the elevator. "I'm here with Su Myung...... Sorry about your father by the way." He was here for Su Myung, not me. "What is her condition?" I asked him. He turned to face me and said, "She is developing eye cancer." My heart sank. But why? Do I pity her? This happened to her mother. She lost her mother because of this type of cancer. Does that mean that she is going to....die? 

 

I hate death. I really hate it. How is that her father is about to die - I mean our father.... and she is facing death?

 

"Will she get cured?" I asked eagerly. "She can't... Unless there is a donor with the same blood as her. But right now, we have nobody, and we have less than 3 days before she.........." The elevator dinged, and Luhan left without saying the last words. I stood in the elevator thinking, just thinking about what to do. My father, was about to die. My mother abandoned me. Is this the feeling that Su Myung, my sister..... Has been feeling for her whole life? 

 

-------

 

-The next morning-

 

"How do you feel about your mother's actions?"

"Can you tell us what happened to your father?"

"Do you know why your mother did this?"

"How is your father right now?"

Questions kept pouring out of people’s mouths as I walk to the entrance of the SM building to stand at the podium to announce everything. I finally made it to the top. I faced the large crowd and stared at the flashing lights. I lifted one hand to tell everyone to settle down. 

"As you all know, my father is now in the hospital. Unfortunately, the state that he is in right now is extremely bad. The car that had hit him is causing his body to fail on him. As for my mother, she left me here alone. She ran away with a quarter of our fortune, and is not coming back. I have been pondered with questions about what would happen to SM right now but to be honest, I have done a lot of thinking and I realize that my father wouldn't want me to take care of the company. It wasn't my destiny to do this. It was-" All the thinking that I have done last night was revolving around Su Myung. I don't know why, I do have a solution to everything. "- my half sister, Lee. Su. Myung."