Chapter Nineteen

Love is a work of Art

I headed for the J.Y.'s office so that I can meet him and do tthe interview. The door was wide open when I reached his room. He was talking to a female reporter but stopped when the repoter spotted me. "Lee Su Myung." She stood up and walked towards me. She extended her hand, "I am Reporter Yoon. It is nice to meet you."

I fit my hand nicely into hers. "Come and have a seat." She said and walked oer to the couch. I stared at J.Y. and he nodded. "So lets start with the questions." She said. I nodded in approval and she began. "So it was said that tonight you were with EXO's Luhan at the Nam Sam Tower. What is your relationship with him?" She asked her first question. "Luhan and I are just childhood friends. That's all." I replied. "Did you know that he is an engaged to the Lee Soo Man's daughter?" She shot at me. I knew I had to choose my words carefully, "Yes, I do know. I wish for the of them to have a happy marriage." I said.

She looked at me with a sinister look. I guess that wasn't what she wanted to hear from me. "Well thats nice to know. Lets move away from that topic now." She stated. "So your debut is in less than four days. How do you feel about that?" She asked. "I feel great. I am really excited to see the audiences opinion on my debut."  I told her. "That great, well how do your parents feel about your debut? They must be very proud." "Well, my 'foster' parents are actually in China. But I have been in contact with them and tehy said that they are very proud of me and hope the best of luck." I lied.

The monsters could care less of me. They didn't contact me. I bet they didn't even notice that I was gone. I am at a legal age to live on my own. They probably already unadopted me. Either way they mean nothing to me. Nothing.

"Oh so you are a abandoned child are you?" Shed rudely asked. I raised my right eyebrow, "I you put it that way then I guess I am." I said. "Well then, do you know if your biological parents know about your debut?" What was she trying to do. Make me slap her in the face? What do I say? I was saved by my boss, "I think that is enough questions for today. It is pretty late." J.Y. said. Reporter Yoon, glanced at her watch on her wrist, "It is isnt't it. I guess I should get going then. Thank you for you time." She slightly bowed and left.

"You okay Su Myung?" J.Y. and put his hand on my shoulder. "Yeah." I said. "You did really well. You know Su Myung-ah. You remind me of someone I used to date. She was talented just like you. She was beautiful just like you. She was perfect." He said. He stood up from his seat and reached his hand in the back pocket to grab his wallet. He sat back down and opened his wallet. He strooked his thumb against the inside. "I loved her but she didn't love me back. She loved someone else." He leaned over to me so I could see what he was looking at.

It was a picture in his wallet. A picure of................her. My mother. He knew my mother. My hands were shaking as I tried to touch the picture. My body got the best of me. Tears came out of my eyes. Umma....

"Su Myung-ah! Are you alright?" He asked. "Y-y-eah, it's nothing...................... So.......... Do you mind telling me more about.....her?" I managed to ask. He looked at me with a smile. "How about I start from the beginning?" He began.

"Her name was Han Chae Young. Chae Young, Soo Man, the firend that you met that other day, and I were the best of friends since middle school. We followed each other all the time. We were like brothers and sisters. But the ting was, I loved Chae Young from the start, what I didn't know what Soo Man loved her as well. But I had the chance of getting to her first. We dated for a few months, but I broke up with her. I knew that I wasn't in her heart. It was Soo Man. She loved him. I understood her feelings and let her go. I sometimes do regret leaving such a beautiful lady but she loved Soo Man. They then started to date. They were both deeply in love. They never spent time apart. They soon had a baby girl after they got married. I forgot the childs name but I remember she was a beaut. Soo Man contiuned on to his entertainment branch just like me while Chae Young became a singer. Her voice was like a goddess. That's why I welcomed you to JYP family. You remind me so much of her. Well anyways, one year, I think it was 1992. Yes that's right. She disappeared with her baby. Soo Man and I were worried sick. We searched for them everywhere but we couldn't find them at all. A week passed and we found Chae Young in a hospital. She had....passed away from eye cancer. Everyone was traumatized. The hospital gave her things that she had with to Soo Man. He found a letter in one of bags. It was written for him." He stopped. My face was wet. My mother. My father. ".......Can you tell me what she wrote in the letter?" I bravely asked. I needed to know more about my mother -no. I have to.

He recited the letter willingly.

To my love, 

I am sorry. I want you to know that I love you so much. I love you with all my heart. I found out about my sickness a year after we started dating. I wanted to spend the last years before I leave the world. The doctor said that my sickness was something that wasn't something that he could cure. I'm sorry. I know those words will do nothing but I am sorry. 

I took our baby. I'm sory for that. I wanted you to live on happily without us. Please stay string and become a great man. I love you. I hope that you will pray that our daughter will be safe. I will watch you from above and hope that you are always smiling. You make me complete but I need you to let me go and live life on the way it should be. Withoutme.

With all my love and heart,

Your love, 

Han Chae Young.

 

Umma. Appa. Umma. Appa. I burst into tears. My father didn't want to leave me. My mother took me away. My mother. My mother left this world due to eye cancer. How is this possible. Why am I suppose to face all these obsticles that block my way to happiness?!

"Ummaa....." I whispered. "What was that?" J.Y. asked whiping his own tears away. I wasn't paying any attention to my surroundings. My gaurd was let down. "Umma. Appa." I relized that J.Y. was listening to what I was calling. "Lee. Su. Myung." He suddenly said. I shot myself back into reality and stared at him with wide eyes. "That's her name. The child. Soo Man's lost child. Lee. Su. Myung." I began to panick. I grabbed my two shoulders, "Are you her?" I didn't respond. I just stared at him with tears falling down my face. "You. Lee Su Myung." He then hugged my body. I pushed him away slowly. 

"Please. Please. Please.......Don't tell anyone....." I begged. His face fell. "Why? Don't you want to see your father again?" He asked. "I-I-It's dangerous. Just please do this one thing for me. Please." I was on my knees. Tears falling to the ground. I looked at him once more. "PLease." I pleaded.

 

-J.Y.'s POV-

I found her. After years and years of searching for this one girl, the girl was in front of me all along. I have to make her father reunite with her. He misses her terribly. He only married that women he is married with right now is because his parents arranged the marriage. He never loved her. He was forced to. 

But now that I found the person that was half of his heart, he can be happy again. Just like the time when he was with Han Chae Young.

But what is this? Su Myung is telling me not to give her in. Why? She went on her knees. I was in shock. What is happenning? Why is she doing this. I saw the look in her eyes. She really wanted to keep it a secret. Why is it dangerous? What does this all mean?

A cold shiver went down my back. A flashback of Chae Young's face went through my head. 

The last thing I said that night was: "Alright. I will keep this a secret."

Was it the right choice to do? I don't know. But I will let fate lead the rest of the way. 'Chae Young-ah, I hope I made the right choice.'

-------------------------------------------------------------