Chapter One

Love is a work of Art

 

Hello there. I guess you would like to hear my story since that's the reason your reading this. Well, I guess I have to tell the story, let's start with the introduction. Here it goes.

I am a abandoned child. I was put into a foster home at the age of two. I couldn't remember how my life was back then but I knew that I was left alone in the rain, all by myself, in the dark night, with no one there for we to hold on to. The day that I was abandoned, my god mother, who was a nun at the church I stayed in, said that I was alone in the rain with a backpack above my head, crying my heart out and calling for my mother. My god mother heard me yelling outside while she was praying and ran outside to check what it was. She took me in giving me warmth and shelter. She reported a missing child but there was no response of anyone losing there child, so my god mother took me in to the church's foster care.

 

I cried every night. I refused to eat. I stayed in bed all day clutching on to the only things that belonged to me and things that kept me thinking that I was with my parents. My torn canvas backpack, a photo of my family and a letter from my mom that were both inside my backpack the day I was 'thrown' away. The photo I had was a photo was myself and my parents. On the back of the photo there was a note that read: The day that you gave light into my eyes, my dear Su Myung. As for the note it was a farewell note from my mother. It had the same handwriting as the one on the photo.

 

The letter read:

 

My love Su Myung. The moment that you came into my life was the happiest moment in my life. I want you to know that giving you up was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. You have to know that where ever you are I will always be watching you. I'm truly sorry that I can't give you an explanation on why this misfortune is happening to you. Please understand. I will always love you my sweet Su Myung. -With internal love, Umma

 

I didn't understand though. I couldn't at all. If she loved me, then why would she leave me?

 What was the reason behind me being in this foster home. I wanted an explanation. An explanation from my mom, from my dad. But how?

 

 

It had been 11 years since my parents 'threw' me away. I wasn't mad at them or anything, well just a tad. Actually a lot. All I wanted was an explanation. My god mother told me to not think about it and just live on with life. She was a sweet, kind, and holy person. She raised me like I was her own child. I took an interest in the arts at the age of three. I began to draw and paint on the walls. My nuns were furious, including my god mother, but they forgave me because the painting was beautiful. They then bought me some materials so I can enroll in the arts. I learned how to sing by myself and dance by myself. Plus, I was a pretty good actor as well. I taught myself the whole arts thing. I didn't know how but it just came to me. My god mother said that it was a gift from god.

 

One day, my god mother told me that I have to go enroll in school and obliged because I needed my education. I was a good student, I received high grades in my classes. But the thing that I didn't do so good in was socializing. I was a quiet, shy and independent girl. The students there would always whisper and talk behind my back. They would say things about my life. How I was an abandoned child and I had no parents. I hated that, I wanted to throw punches at all of them but for one I was a kid, and two, I had be mature. Ultimately, I did meet friends that was like my brothers. Their names were Oh Se Hun and Xi Lu Han. We met at our school, I was sitting on the bench eating my lunch and drawing a sketch of the school. He and his friend, Xi Lu Han came up to me. Se Hun had a smiling face and Lu han had a snobbish face. I did secretly had a crush for Lu Han, I didn't know why I liked him.

 

 He was mean to me, but I knew he was joking around in the playful way. His

 Beauty and his kind personality (to others) just made me get butterfly’s. Yes, I know it’s weird but it just happened to end up like this. My heart fell for him.

 

When they approached me on that memorable day, I had two best friends that were always there for me. Se Hun had been my left hand while Lu Han had been my right hand. Lu Han was 2 years older than me and Sehun was a year older than me but that didn't stop use from being friends. We played with each other laughed with each other, they would both sing and dance to me when I felt down, they were like my family. I still did have feelings for Lu Han, but I knew he didn't feel the same to me. They both knew about my life story on how I was abandoned. They helped me feel better and were keeping me strong.

 

 

 

"Today is Friday, April 13." My teacher said as the students and myself were taking their seats. "Also known as the day of bad luck. I wish for all of you to have the greatest luck today possible!" She exclaimed. Luck? I pray to myself that today will be a happy day for me and my friends. I looked behind my seat and saw Se Hun smiling and Lu Han smiling at me as well. I feel like today will be be a happy day, nothing can ruin this day, not even Friday the 13th. I thought to myself and wore a bright smile on my face.

 

During the first period there was a knock the door.

 

The class started murmur while teacher got the door. The teacher and a man are currently chatting, when they were done, my teacher stared at me signaling me to come out. I slowly rose from my seat and glanced at Se Hun and Lu Han. "Fighting!" Se Hun said. Luhan gave me thumbs up. I walked to the man and my teacher. We left the room and the door click closed, hearing the murmurs from the students from a distance. I was afraid of what was happening. "A-a-am I in trouble?" I stuttered. "No", I heard my god  mother say behind me.

 

I jumped from her presence and hugged her tightly for safety. I saw LuHan and SeHun's head poking in the door window. "So Su Myung. I need you to know that-" my god mother began to say but stopped to wipe a tear a away. "- that, that you have been adopted." Her tears started to pour out like the Han River; she grabbed my body and squeezed me so hard that I almost lost circulation. "Bwoh? Wha-wha-wha-what are you trying to say? I don't understand." I asked with wide eyes.

 

"This man here will take you under his care." I stared at the man; he gave me a sly smile. I cold shiver ran down my back. "Come here my child" he said. His cold breath hit my face. I tugged on my god mothers robe. She pushed me to the scary man. He held me my shoulders and bent down to say something to me. I couldn't hear what he was saying because I blocked all of my surroundings. He shook my body, and gave me an evil stare. "Hey! Su Myung. We are moving to China." I started to bawl. "We are leaving tomorrow. You should go get ready." I looked at the classroom and my friends. Will this be the last time I see them?

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

The next morning all my things were packed in my canvas backpack. I didn't have a lot of things. I packed my photo of my parents, my letter from my mom and some of my clothing that my god mother bought me. Before I gave my god mother a big hug. "Thank you for everything... I love you." I said to her before I left. "Su Myung, know that you are always welcome back here." She whispered so that my new father    wouldn't hear. My foster father led me to the car. I told him that I wanted to say good bye to Se Hun and Lu Han before I left. I begged him and begged him; I even got on my knees. He refused in the beginning but he let me after I started to cry. I went to the school knowing that they would be there. I asked one of the students where they were. "They both left with their parents. I don't think they are coming back. Sorry."

 

I arrived in China at a big mansion. My so called new mother was waiting for me and  my so called new father. The first thing they told me to do was to make paintings and practice my singing and dancing. I didn't get any food at all and I was staring.

 

They locked me in my room, and with that I knew why I was there. I sat in the dark corner of the room they gave me and I began to cry. I needed someone to comfort me. I needed someone to sit next to me and say that everything is going to be alright.

 

----------------

AN: So this is a pretty long chapter. ._. 

Hope you continue to read! ^^